WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Facial hair is considered to be extremely undesirable as far as women are concerned as it is taken to be a sign of masculinity. Excessive facial growth in women is called as hirsutism and it can result from hormonal imbalances in the female body; PCOD is one of the major reasons why hair shows up on the wrong places in women. It is an embarrassing situation for a lot of women and more than half the population of womenfolk are battling unwanted facial hair on a daily basis with weapons such as shaving, waxing, threading, tweezing, plucking, and laser hair removal. Out of these, only laser hair removal can be considered as more or less a permanent solution to get rid of facial hair. Proper diet, exercise, lifestyle modifications, all can contribute towards a hairless face if you follow them correctly. Adding these vitamins would also help you get rid of the fuzz on the face. Learn how to use these vitamins to stop facial hair growth.
1. Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 inhibits the production of prolactin hormone in female body which is a hormone that’s responsible for releasing testosterone which causes facial hair in women. This vitamin can be found in avocados, fish, organ meats, soybeans, walnuts, peanuts, whole grains, spinach, bananas, and other fruits. Vitamin B6 is also available in supplement form, i.e., in the form of tablets and capsules.
2. Vitamin E: Vitamin E is not only great for skin and hair, it’s great to inhibit the growth of facial hair too. Vitamin E can counter the effect of androgens and reduce testosterone levels in the body. Vitamin E can regulate the production of androgens which in turn reduces the effect of testosterone. Incorporating foods rich in vitamin E can help you to reduce excess facial hair. Foods rich in vitamin E are spinach, avocado, broccoli, sunflower seeds, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, etc.
3. Magnesium, Zinc, and Copper: Magnesium, zinc, and copper can also help in the prevention of facial hair by decreasing the effect of testosterone. Magnesium can be taken in through foods like soybeans, whole grains, seeds, nuts etc. Zinc is found in pumpkin seeds, peanuts, dark chocolate etc. You can ask your doctor to write you supplements for zinc as well. Spirulina, leafy green vegetables, sunflower seeds, chickpeas, lentils, cashews, almonds, chia seeds, raisins, sesame seeds are all rich in copper.
4. Calcium-D-Glucarate: Calcium-D-Glucarate can get rid of toxins from your body and if there are no toxins, there will be less hormonal imbalance, and less facial hair growth. Calcium-D-Glucarate is available in supplement form on the prescription of doctors.
5. Diindolylmethane: It’s a compound that will not only help you reduce facial growth, it will re-balance your hormones in a way that you can get rid of melasma and hyperpigmentation too. A good supplement dose can be best prescribed by your doctor.
5. Vitamin A: Vitamin A regulates the testosterone level in the body and in turn reduces the facial growth. It has the same function as that of Vitamin B6. The most natural sources of Vitamin A are papaya, carrots, sweet potato, green leafy vegetables, pumpkin, milk, fish, etc.
You can consume these vitamins in the recommended levels to stop hair growth on your face. .