We all raid our kitchens from time to time to whip up various hair treatments, hair oils and masks. Some of them work for us and some don’t! The reason may be the wrong use of ingredients. Let’s find out which homemade hair treatment works best for which hair problem.
1. Dull and dry hair:
• Yogurt and honey will not only moisturise your hair follicles but will also impart great shine to your tresses.
• You just need yogurt to cover the length of your hair and add 1 tbsp honey to it. Mix them together.
• Shampoo your hair; then apply the mask and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse and condition as usual.
2. Limp or fine hair:
• You need something nourishing, volumizing and strengthening for your hair.
• Take 2 tbsp of aloevera gel, 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of honey, and warm water in a small cup or bowl. Mix them well.
• Massage the concoction on your roots to tips well. Leave the treatment on for 30 minutes, and then shampoo it out. Condition your hair as usual.
3. Dry or sun-damaged hair:
• Hot oil treatment done religiously will work great to repair sun- damaged hair and will also help to combat the dryness.
• Take ½ cup of olive oil and 2 capsules of Vitamin E. Pinch the capsules in the oil. Warm this mixture for a few seconds. Massage the oil on your scalp and hair.
• Give a good massage using your fingers. You can leave this overnight too. Wash your using a shampoo and conditioner as usual.
4. Oily or greasy hair:
• You need a product that will control the secretion of excess oil and reduce oil build-up on your hair. Apple cider vinegar works well in all the aspects.
• Mix 2-3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water. Shampoo your hair and use this mixture to rinse your hair after you shampoo.
• Wash it off with cold water. Do this twice a week to balance the pH level of your scalp.
5. Frizzy hair:
• Frizzy hair needs ingredients that work as natural hair conditioners and have very effective hydrating properties.
• Take an avocado, mash it and add olive oil to the pulp. Mix them well.
• Apply this mask to your hair after shampooing. Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse your hair completely. You hair will be more manageable and frizz free too.
6. Hair residue removal:
• To remove the product residue from the hair and to absorb the excess oil from the scalp, baking soda is an excellent choice.
• Mix one part baking soda in three parts water to make a paste. Apply it on damp hair. Leave it on for a few minutes, and then wash your hair with warm water.
• You can use baking soda as a dry shampoo too.
7. Hair fall:
• Fenugreek is highly effective in treating hair loss as it has proteins and nicotinic acid that stimulate hair growth.
• Soak one cup of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Grind them in the morning.
• Apply the paste to your hair and cover with a shower cap. Rinse your hair after 30 min. You need to do this every alternate day for best results.
8. Hair regrowth:
• Eggs are made up of protein and what better way to get proteins than eggs!
• You can use a mask made up of egg white, olive oil and honey. Mix them well.
• Apply this mask on your scalp. Let it sit there for about 15-20 minutes. Wash off with mild shampoo and condition as usual.
Nourishing Egg and Vinegar Hair Mask – Do It Yourself
Honey and Olive Oil Homemade Hair Mask
20 Best Homemade Hair Packs
How To Fix Damaged Hair
Dandruff Busting, Hair Hydrating DIY Hair Mask and Conditioner
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
Homemade Hair Packs for Dry Damaged Hair
Green Tea and Egg Hair Mask for Soft Hair: DIY