If the scorching Indian summer makes you want to throw away your skinny jeans, then the wide leg trousers trend comes as a saviour. Skinny jeans in Delhi summers is a torture. The wide leg jeans is not just baggy enough to let the air in but also it happens to be one of the biggest trend this year. Do you need another reason to try it?
Pulling of a pair of wide leg trousers or jeans is not as tricky as it looks.
• FIT- Find the perfect fit and half your battle is won. Wide leg trousers and jeans are flared overall but they should fit the butt like second skin. If you have a petite bum, try high waisted pants and they will lift up your butt making it appear curvier than it is. Nothing is less flattering than pants that are just hanging off the butt. If you are curvy and don’t need extra attention on your butt, try a rise that hits just at the hips. Keep trying different brands till you find your fit. And when you do, make sure you wear no panty lines underwear with it.
• SHOES- pointy toed shoes and wide leg pants just don’t go together. An open or round toe wedges and pumps are the best options to go with these pants. Kitten heels will work too if you have long legs. Tall women can go with flats as well but average height girls should wear atleast two inch heels.
• LENGTH- wide leg pants should not end any shorter than half an inch of the ground. Try on the pants that you like wear your shoes with them and then get the length altered accordingly.
• WEAR WITH- In order to balance the voluminous bottom, go for a fitted top for a structured look(Katie Holmes pic 2). The key is to define the waist. You can also wear these pants with slightly boxy top and tuck it in the pants or a belt over it(see Kate Moss). If you are not comfortable tucking your shirt in then choose a shorter, slightly loose shirt (see Jessica Alba).
For a more formal look, add a tailored classic blazer no longer than the crotch point to make your outfit look more structured. You can dress it down by wearing a cropped leather jacket over your wide leg jeans.
• If you are not so tall you can rock this trend too by choosing low rise cuts and high heels and totally avoid flats.
4 Casual Trouser Alternatives for Denim Addicts
How to Wear Clothes to Hide Your Tummy
Office Shoes / Foot Wear for Women
Jeans: How To Select Jeans For Your Body Type
How to Wear Bright Colored Jeans
Jeans: How To Choose Jeans For Your Body Type
Genelia D’souza at Guess Jeans Women’s Day Concert