By Neha Ramchandani
If you are amongst those who don’t really like winter season due to the laziness of being in a warm blanket on the bed all the time, then you are exactly type me. high five. 😛 usually when I am on diet or working out , I prefer to stick to my regular workout and strict diet for at least 2 to 3 months. But during winters when all of the girls are crazy to lose some weight and get in shape for new year parties , I become really lazy and hate getting out of my so cute and cozy blanket. lol. So here are easy and smart tips to avoid gaining extra weight before new year. If not losing weight , then at least not gain weight too.
• Change your routine- Normally we workout according to our basic rules but if this winter season , cold temperature and shorter daylight hours bother our true intentions for workout then it becomes very important to change our daily workout routine. Don’t cancel your outdoor personal training due to bad weather. Instead ask your trainer to suggest you some fast indoor workout that you can do at home or plan out any indoor location with your trainer so that your workout is not missed. Try out some fun things at home like dancing or jumping on the bed with your best friend is better than going out for a walk in winters.
• Eating out can make you fat – A normal dinner eating at fast food restaurants increase your calorie intake by 1000 times which is really too much. You would require a week of intense workout and strict diet to burn these calories. So avoid eating out in winters. Though we are all very hungry during winters and it is said that winter season is to build up your health but not by gaining unwanted weight. Eat at home more often, as often as you can, invite your friends and family members at home for a lovely house party, have a camp fire at your terrace and cooking at home with friends would also be equally interesting. Even if you gout for dining, then make sure you order small portions and do not order sweet dish after your main course. If you are in mood to have some sweet taste then avoid having cup cakes, pastries and instead go for a half bowl of ice-cream.
• Focus on belly bloat – A very common workout rule is that whenever you miss going to the gym or quit your outdoor workout, you need to indulge in some physical activity at home. Try doing abs, sit-up, and squats at home by playing loud music of your choice. Have foods rich in H2O and fibre to focus on reducing belly bloat. Be very cautious about not having cellulite on your belly because once you have it, it keeps on increasing and becomes quite difficult to lose. I know this because I am suffering from a serious issue of belly bloat from a long time lol. Try using vinegar on salad and meat, it activates genes that fight fat.
• Super foods good in winters – Having good fat is not bad at all. You can always have foods like salmon, dry fruits, nuts, and dark chocolate. Of course these foods contain fat but good fat. Good fat intake is equally important for your body because it fights bad fat and cellulite. Salmon and nuts contain high level of omega-3 fatty acids that can improve your skin tone and lower your cholesterol level. Try keeping a handful of nuts with you in your handbag whenever you go out. If you feel hungry, have these nuts as these are a healthy option and would provide you instant energy.
• Keep stock of healthy munchies at home – We are all always guilty about our mindless calorie intake while boredom eating , snacking etc like grabbing butter cookies, chocolate biscuits, oily chips at home and gaining extra unhealthy weight. Try indulging in better snacking options like go for 2 minute popcorns rather than 2 minute Maggie. Now a days, many baked chips and diet fibre biscuits available in market. Keep a stock of those options at home like masala oats, cornflakes low fat so that you can fill your stomach the healthy way.
• Seek some winter sports – Plan out with your friends for some winter sports like skiing, mountain hiking, ice skating etc if you live in a snow area. If not so, plan out for a trip with friends or family if you can. It would a super awesome reason to move out of your comfort zone.
• Choose correct clothes – If you can go out for morning walks and runs even in winters when it is really cold outside then nothing could be better than this. Salute to you from my side because I can really not do that. if you can do this then make sure that you move out before warming up your body by doing little stretching, jumping or stairs inside your house so that your body is already heated up. Secondly, wear a good pair of tights if you are going for running. Choose to have tights with fabric that keeps you warm inside and has cold air protecting material outside otherwise you can catch cold really fast.
• Don’t underestimate the basic tips – Don’t forget to regularly follow the basic tips like having a warm glass of water in the morning. In winters if your workout activity is lowered then you can opt for drinking warm water after your every meal or whenever you feel like. It is not harmful in any ways. A little jumping, dancing, stairs can move your body really well and burn good amount of calories. Pamper yourself really well in winters, take good care of your skin and hair because winters are all about affecting your body from outside as you have common issues like dry ,patchy skin, frizzy , dry hair, and weight issues.
Just find your motivation and you are done.
Image Source – Google
Super Stylish Workout Clothes
Skin Care Tips for Workouts
Lazy Girl’s Workout
How To Freshen Up After A Heavy Workout
Skin Care Before, During and After A Workout
Hair Care Tips During Workout
Workout Routine for Tank Top Ready Arms
Simple Workout for your Monthly Cycle