How are you all?
Many of you ask me about my skin care routine and secret behind my glowy skin, but frankly, it’s not always glowing and healthy, and I do have my dull face days 🙂 But if you maintain a healthy skin care routine and products that suit your skin, your skin will recover gradually. Menstrual cycle affects the skin badly, skin tends to get dull before and after menstruation. Oily skin tends to get breakouts and blemishes but if you just let your skin alone and do not use any new products during that period, it will surely help you.
My skin is oily and acne prone in summers and changes to dry t-zone area with the rest of the face being oily in winters. I keep two skin care products – one for summers and another for winters. Today, I’m sharing with you my winter skin care routine:
Winter Skin Care Essential Products for Oily Skin:
- Aroma Magic Strawberry Face Wash: I know many dermatologists recommend oily skin people to use face wash and products with salicylic acid, but I prefer natural ingredients, it will surely benefit you in the long run. I use Aroma Magic Strawberry Face Wash, you can check the review on IMBB.
- Clarins WhitePlus Brightening Aqua Lotion: I highly recommend this product for winters, a perfect toner to brighten up your skin and maintain hydration of your skin. I have already reviewed the product on IMBB. I will not recommend to use this product in summers though.
- Clarins WhitePlus Serum: After toning my face, I use this serum, it contains a lot of plant extract which brightens up my skin and doesn’t cause breakouts – a perfect serum for oily skin beauties. I thank Rati for introducing me to this product 🙂
- Clarins WhitePlus Whitening Velvet Emulsion SPF 20: If I do not plan to go out during the day, this is the last product in my skin care routine of that day. I moisturize my face with this and I find spf 20 ideal for daily wear.
- Clarins UV Plus HP SPF 40 Screen: I use this sunscreen when I step out for shopping, movie, lunch, etc. It’s a perfect sunscreen with natural ingredients for a trip to Goa. If you are planning a trip to any beach destination, take this with you, it will protect your face without giving you breakouts or greasiness.
- Lotus UV Sunscreen Matte Gel SPF 50: I love this sunscreen a lot, it gives me matte finish without any greasiness.
- Good Earth’s Amritam Ruh Gulab Face Mist: On days when I feel like skipping toner, I prefer this face mist – it’s a perfect product for dull and tired skin days. Just spray it all over your face and it will brighten up your face in seconds. Rati reviewed it here, and you can find this product in her Currently Loving post of June.
- Clinique All About Eyes Rich: I’m in love with this eye cream, you can read my review here and again, thank you Jomol for introducing this brand to me.
- Aroma Magic Mineral Glow Scrub: Loved this product, a perfect scrub for oily skin beauties but hates the smell
Now, coming to face packs, here are my favorites:
- Aroma Magic Activated Bamboo Charcoal 6 in 1 Pack: A must-have face pack for all oily skin beauties, it brightens the skin instantly and the effect lasts for good 5-6 days.
- Aroma Magic Brightening Beauty Pack: I’m sure many of you will love this product in winters, a must-have face pack if you are having any function at home or attending any party outside, and do not have time to hit the salon, try this, you will get good results.
- Forest Essentials Roop Nikhar Gulab Facial Ubtan: I use this product once or twice in a month with raw milk after cleansing my face.
- Clarins Beauty Flash Balm: I use this product as a pack for 10 minutes; it brightens up my face in a few seconds.
Some beauty tips that I follow:
- Start your day with 2-3 glasses of water; prefer lukewarm water in winters.
- Always wipe off your makeup gently, I prefer using coconut oil in winters. For eye makeup, I prefer L’Oreal Gentle Eye Makeup Remover.
- Avoid products which have milk as their main ingredient because it might cause breakouts.
- I prefer exfoliating during noon or night, I avoid exfoliating my face in the morning.
- Wash your face twice a day, washing your face at night is more important. Don’t skip it even if you are feeling lazy.
- Do not try new products or ointments during your periods because hormones keep on changing during that time and any new product might cause breakouts, scars, and blemishes.
- Add fruits in your diet, even if not daily, at least once a week.
- You can read Rati’s post on Five Ways I Love To Use Rose Water here to add glow to your skin.
That’s my skin care routine for winters. I will come up with makeup reviews and DIY face packs for winters 🙂
Happy Reading !!
Winter Skin and Hair Care Tips
Winter Skin Care Army for Dry Skin
Winter Skin Care tips for Dry Skin
My 4 Winter Dry Skin Body Care Products
My 6 Hand Care Products for Winter
Makeup for Oily Skin
15 Face Washes For Oily Skin
Top Tips for Oily Skin Care
30 Best Clay Masks Available in India For Oily Skin