This post is about Bollywood actresses of the yore and their “then and now” pics. These graceful actresses have sizzled and scorched on the silver screen for decades. They are not active anymore on screen and seldom when they make their presence felt, it is in minuscule grandmother roles. Over the years, they have maintained their grace, beauty and aura intact. While I was collecting the pics for this post, I was amazed how the wrinkles and crow’s feet have only added and enhanced their beauty. Let’s check some pics of these evergreen and beautiful actresses from the golden era of Bollywood:
1. Asha Parekh: Asha Parekh is a multi-faceted personality playing the role of actress, director, producer, and other responsibilities with ease. She started her movie career as a child artist with the film “Aasmaan” in 1952 and has acted till 1999. This 72-year-old actress has served as the chairman of the Censor Board from 1998 to 2001. She also runs a dance academy and a hospital too. Her most memorable films have been “Dil Deke Dekho,” “Teesri Manzil,” “Love in Tokyo,” and “Do Badan,” etc.
2. Tanuja: Tanuja started her career with the movie “Baharen Phir Bhi Aayengi,” in 1966 and then went on to star in movies like “Anubhav” and “Jewel Thief.” She is the mother of actresses Kajol and Tanisha.
3. Mumtaz: Mumtaz had been a junior actress in movies and after a few movies later, was absorbed into the mainstream cinema. This 67-year-old actress retired from movies 1977 though appeared in one or two films later on. Her famous films have been “Khilona,” “Apradh,” etc.
4. Saira Banu: Saira Banu debuted at the age of 16 and her memorable films have been Junglee, Padosan, Diwana, etc. She retired from films after marrying actor Dilip Kumar.
5. Vyjyanti Mala: Vyjyanthi Mala is a renowned classical dancer and an actress who made her debut in South Indian movies. She was a much sought after actress in the 1950s and 1960s. She had achieved fame and accolades as a child performing classical dance for large number of audience. She has long retired from limelight and now leads a quiet life.
6. Reena Roy: She looks so much like Sonakshi Sinha, right? This 57-year-old actress shined through the 1970s and 1980s. Her major hits like “Kalicharan,” “Zakhmee,” “Zaroorat,” were all in the 1970s.
7. Sadhna: It seems she was the one who made the front bangs hairstyle famous, it was called “Sadhna cut.” Cool! This 73-year-old debuted in Raj Kapoor’s “Shree 420.” Her memorable films are “Hum Dono,” “Love in Shimla,” “Waqt,” etc.
8. Zeenat Aman: Zeenat Aman is known for her bold roles in “Satyam Shivam Sundaram,” “Hare Rama Hare Krishna.”
9. Yogeeta Bali: Yogeeta Bali is the wife of Mithun Chakraborty and acted in movies from the 1960s to 1980s.
10. Rakhee: This 69-year-old actress is also Gulzaar’s wife. You probably have seen her in “Karan Arjun,” but she has also done movies like Blackmail, Daag, Kabhie Kabhie.
11. Rekha: Saw this evergreen actress on Bigg Boss last weekend. She is an actress who speaks in a mysterious and husky tone. This actress has turned 60 this month. She is actor Gemini Ganeshan’s daughter and debuted in films at an early age.
12. Sharmila Tagore: She is the first actress to wear a bikini on screen. She looks so amazing and beautiful even now. She was active in Hindi movies from 1959 to 1984 and then later appeared in significant character roles.
13. Hema Malini: Hailed as the dream girl of Bollywood, she is also an active politician, an eminent classical dancer, and an actress who is praised for youthful looks.
14. Neetu Kapoor: Mother of Ranbir Kapoor and wife of Rishi Kapoor, she had first appeared as a child actress in the movie “Dus Lakh.” She has been active in the movies through the 1960s till now. Her last movie has been with her husband and son, “Besharam.”
15. Babita: Babita, the mother of Karisma and Kareena Kapoor and acted in several films like Kal Aaj aur Kal, Raaz, Farz, Haseena Maan Jayegi, etc., and retired from films after marriage.
16. Poonam Dhillon: This pretty 52-year-old actress was a beauty pageant winner and made her debut in “Trishul” in 1978. She is still active both on the silver screen as well as small screen.
17. Waheeda Rehman: An extremely elegant and graceful actress, she wears her greys gracefully. This 76-year-old actress is best known for her movies “Guide” and “Kagaz Ke Phool.”
18. Jaya Bachchan: An actress and politician of repute, she is the Bachchan matriarch. She debuted in 1955 with the movie CID and is still active in movies.
19. Tina Ambani: Wife of Anil Ambani of the Reliance Industries, she shined on the silver screen in the 1970s and 1980s.
20. Helen: This dancing diva was known for her dancing prowess and has been active in movies since 1951.
Image Sources: Google Images.
Bollywood’s Child Stars – Then and Now
Bollywood Actresses – Then and Now
Bollywood Star Kids Who Failed To Achieve Stardom
Bollywood Stars Who Rock the Ripped Jeans Trend
Bollywood Stars Travel Style
Bollywood Stars and Their Family Pics
Backstage Makeup Pictures of Bollywood Stars
Wardrobe Malfunctions of Bollywood Stars
Bollywood Stars and Their Luxury Bags
Bollywood Stars and Their Holiday Pictures
Candid Moments of Bollywood Stars
Childhood Pictures of Bollywood Heroines
Bollywood’s Rising Star Kids