YVES SAINT LAURENT ( YSL ) TOUCHE BRILLIANCE SPARKLING TOUCH FOR LIPS – REVIEW
Product description :
“ A simple click for shimmering lips. Give your lips an unequalled shimmer thanks to a new generation of silver mother-of-pearl which offers a unique mirror effect.
With this innovative pen-brush, the desire to seduce is at its peak: in just one click it delivers a rich melt-on-the-skin texture for a shimmering and ultra-glamorous result. “
Shades being reviewed :
#9 – MAGIC COPPER
# 11 – GLAMOROUS RED
Hi all IMBB dolls, I’ve really missed you all, having being out of action for a while, but now I’m back with a bang, and am reviewing 2 shades of YSL lip glosses which I’ve had for about 3 or 4 months now. To tell you the truth, I really have mixed feelings about these glosses – while I’m so loving the shimmery effect they give, I am missing the full coverage which I am used to with my lipsticks, as these glosses are very, very sheer indeed. But anyway here goes :
Upper : # 11 Glamorous Red
Lower : # 9 Magic Copper
These YSL gloss-pens come packed in a gold cardboard packing with the classic red and black YSL logo in the middle of the pack. The gold packaging is definitely eye-catching and attractive. These are pen-type brush applicators which have to be clicked with the black knob at the end to dispense the gloss. Initially, I had to click the black knob at least 20 times before any product appeared on the brush.
# 11 Glamorous Red is a sheer finish light red shade with silver sparkles. I find this looks nice to wear, even on its own. # 9 Magic Copper is a sheer finish rusty-copperish shade also with silver sparkles.
Below : Upper swatch # 11 Glamorous Red and Lower swatch # 9 Magic Copper
No. 11 Glamorous Red :
No. 9 Magic Copper :
PROS OF YSL TOUCHE BRILLIANCE SPARKLING TOUCH FOR LIPS
- Gives a high-shine, high-shimmer effect that instantly adds glamour to the lips.
- Comes in an attractive packaging.
- Easy-to-carry-around gloss case.
- Feels extremely smooth on lips.
- Spreads evenly on application.
- If you like sheer coverage, this would be a great gloss for you.
- Is a good gloss to layer over any lipstick and won’t feel heavy.
- YSL offers 8 or 10 shades in this range
CONS OF YSL TOUCHE BRILLIANCE SPARKLING TOUCH FOR LIPS
- The smell – the brush tip smells very ‘plasticky’.
- Gives only about 2 hours wear time, sometimes less, then the colour fades completely.
- For me, the sheer coverage might add up to a con, as I like some fuller coverage.
- Initially, after clicking the black knob about 20 times, only the sheer gloss appeared on the pen-brush first for about 5 clicks, followed by the shimmer, but it took quite a few uses before both the gloss and the shimmer appeared together on the brush.
- Is high-priced.
I would give these YSL glosses a :-* :-* :-* rating (minus 1 point for the smell and minus 1 point for the time spent in repeated clicking and even then getting the product in dribs and drabs).
Regarding re-purchase, I won’t be buying this product again but I am happy to use it and enjoy it for the time being!!
NOTE FOR RATI, JOMOL, RADS, AND ALL THE IMBB DIVAS
I managed to find the nail polish I had used in the pics of my last post on the Inglot blushes. It was Faces nail polish No. 24 Shimmer Mauve. Here’s a new pic I took :
Have you used YSL Touce Brilliance Sparkling Touch for Lips? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Estee Lauder High Gloss Ultra Brilliance Lip Gloss- Jewel Review
Faces Cosmetics Eye Kit – Brights Brilliance Photos
Lancome L’Absolu Creme De Brillance Review
YSL Rouge Volupté 27 Rose Paris Review, Photos and Swatches
YSL Golden Gloss Shimmering Lip Gloss Review
YSL Ombres 5 Lumieres # 3 Tawny Review