Claims : The beauty secret of the world’s top makeup artists and models, Touche Éclat is the original must-have for a radiant, flawless face.
Capture 8 hours of sleep with the click of a pen. With a few strategic strokes of this award-winning complexion highlighter—dark circles, fine lines and signs of fatigue virtually disappear. Powered by the radiance-boosting Luminocaptide Complex, skin is instantly illuminated, so you look rested and refreshed—even if you’ve been up for hours. Sleek and sophisticated, it discretely slips into a makeup bag for quick touch-ups anytime. It’s the one beauty essential no woman should ever be without.
Price : Rs 2,130.
It purchased it in no.3. It is slightly lighter than my skin tone but matches my undertone perfectly. It works great for me because if it was my exact skin tone match, it wouldn’t have solved the purpose of highlighting.
YSL Touche Eclat is a very natural looking highlighter. It has a bit of a coverage so it can be used a concealer but correcting minor blemishes or under eye circles. However, this is a not a complete replacement for a concealer.
I personally prefer to use it as a highlighter – on the high points of my cheeks, under the eyes after I have applied and blended concealer my under eye circles to add brightness, cupid’s bow, sides of my mouth, chin, and centre of forehead. On days when my under eye circles are behaving themselves , I just apply Touche Eclat under my eyes, highlight my face and set my face with powder. The little coverage it gives works on days when the under eye circles don’t need too much coverage.
- YSL Touche Eclat is very creamy and glides like a dream on skin. It also blends in seamlessly.
- It does not contain any shimmers so you can easily use it in broad day light and make your skin glow. It adds glow to face without looking as if you have anything on your face. It looks THAT natural.
- It comes in a click pen form so it is easier to carry around. You can keep it for touchups during the day.
- The texture is creamy, it gives you enough time to blend. Then it sets for entire day. Does not crease or get cakey.
- It contains mineral oil as one of the main ingredient. It may break out on some of you or even clog your pores. Plus I wonder why they have used such a cheapy ingredient in such an expensive luxurious product.
- The packaging is quite classy.
- The color works great for my skin tone and never turns ashy on me.
- Finding the right shade could be a problem. Touche Eclat is available in 4-5 shades and not everyone would be able to find their right match.
Swatch of no 3.
I clean the brush of every week with MAC Brush Cleanser (Review HERE). Just pour some cleanser on a tissue , wipe the brush and the brush would be both clean and disinfected. On day to day basis, I just wipe the brush on a clean tissue.
Conclusion : I do like YSL Touche Eclat but I feel it is quite an overly hyped stuff. What is does can be done using a foundation/ concealer ,which is a shade lighter than your skin tone. The professional makeup artists use creamy foundations in shades lighter to highlight the features of the face. Apart from the pen, which is highly convenient to use and the fact that it I THE YSL I don’t find the YSL Touche Eclat extra ordinary. I have been using it every single day from past 15 days and sometimes times even twice a day. Every time I want to be “awed” by the it but I am not. My MAC Studio moisture cover concealer works just the same way.
Don’t take it as if I don’t like YSL Touche Eclat. It is something I enjoy using because it is after all a good product. But I feel the charm of owning a YSL touche Eclat is much more than the actual product. I am not discouraging anyone to buy it. I completely recommend it. All I am saying is that you can get the similar effect with just any concealer or foundation, which is a shade lighter than your skin tone. This pen is more of a “want” than a “need” .
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : 3.9/5
Have you used YSL Touche Eclat ? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick Shade Beige Ultimate Review
YSL Golden Gloss Shimmering Lip Gloss
Yves Saint Laurent Ombres 5 Lumieres # 3 Tawny
YSL Rouge Volupté 27 Rose Paris
YSL Touche Brilliance Sparkling Touch for Lips Magic Copper, Red