WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
After my last nail polish review of some pretty pinks from Orly, I am back with another nail polish review. This time, I am reviewing 3 RGB (Red, Green, Blue) shades from Zoya. Of course, the nail polish shades are not as simple as these 3 primary colors, but are a variation of the same. Read on to find out more.
My Experience with Zoya Professional Nail Lacquer in shades India, Evvie, and Natty:
Packaging: Zoya nail polishes come in a standard sturdy glass bottle with a black cap. The bottle has a very minimalistic feel to it. It almost gives me a feeling as if Zoya is least concerned about packaging and would instead focus their energy on the formula and the shades 🙂 Nothing that I would mind though.
Brush Applicator: The brush is good and picks up a good quantity of the nail polish. The application is easy and smooth too.
Drying Power: The nail polish dries pretty quickly. Even two coats dry out fast.
Staying Power: The staying power of these nail polishes is very good and the polish easily stays on my nails for 4-5 days before it starts fading.
Now, for some detailed review of each of the colors:
1. India: Zoya describes India as a deep, luxurious red with a gold liquid metallic shimmer. Honestly, when I saw this color in the bottle, I wasn’t too impressed and thought this is one of those numerous glittery reds. I picked it up only because of its name 😛 But when I applied this nail polish, I was blown away. The texture is superb and it goes opaque in a single coat. The shade is a very vibrant burgundy red with micro-shimmer. The shimmer is not over-the-top at all and looks very classy. It brightens up the hands and I am sure will suit most skin tones. Also, it would suit all age groups and I would consider it most apt for an evening/night wear. The nail polish is a bit difficult to remove because of the shimmer.
2. Evvie: Zoya describes Evvie as a dark smoky grey cream with strong teal green undertones. I had always longed for a color like this – a dull olive green color with grey undertones, very unique and different from anything that I own. I absolutely love this color on my hands. It is a shade which looks beautiful at any time of the day or the year, surely one of my favorites from Zoya. It applies quite sheer on the first coat and I had thought it will require at least 3 coats. But surprisingly, it evens out in 2 coats.
3. Natty: Zoya describes Natty as a smoky deep steel blue with an opaque cream finish. A stand-out smoky blue for an unexpected but very wearable runway look. Natty is a beautiful dusty navy blue crème. I have a lot of blue nail polishes, but somehow all of them look very bright and slightly loud on my hands. I love that there is no garishness happening with Natty. It is surprisingly quite subdued despite being such a dark color. It looks lovely on the hands and instantly brightens them up. If you are on the lookout for an elegant-looking navy, look no further. I am sure it will look nice on most skin tones. It applies okay in one coat, but you do need two coats to even it out and get rid of any visible nail line.
To summarize, these are shades of Red, Green and Blue which on paper..er bottle will seem a bit loud and bright to some of you, but they translate into very wearable, beautiful and classy looking nail polishes on the hand.
Pros of Zoya Professional Nail Lacquer in shades India, Evvie, and Natty:
- Beautiful and classy-looking shades.
- Unique shades of nail polishes.
- Good staying power (4-5 days).
- Dries very fast.
- Good consistency of polish, applies well.
- Free from harmful ingredients like Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde resin, Toluene, Camphor and Dibutyl Phthalate.
Cons of Zoya Professional Nail Lacquer in shades India, Evvie, and Natty:
- Slightly on the expensive side.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Zoya Professional Nail Lacquer in shades India, Evvie, and Natty?
I would surely recommend you to try these nail polishes from Zoya. The formula is very good and the colors are quite unique. I already have a few more Zoya nail polishes and might not repurchase these exact shades.
Zoya Nail Lacquer in Tobey
Zoya Nail Polish in Dot
Zoya Nail Paint in Burke
Zoya Nail Polish – Neve
Zoya Nail Lacquer – Storm
Zoya Nail Lacquer – Fei Fei
Zoya Nail Polish in Mason
Zoya Nail Polish – Tracie
Zoya Nail Polish – Adina
Zoya Nail Polish in Piaf