Destination weddings are the new fad in town and there are so many couples out there who want to have a scenic, fairy tale and a grand wedding at an exotic destination away from the routine hustle and bustle of cities. Bollywood has set a trend of destination weddings where they choose the costliest and most exotic locations, invite majority of the celebs and have some huge performances of family members, closed ones, celebs followed by delicious food at the end of the event! Scroll to see 10 Bollywood Couples Who Had Destination Wedding and the fascinating locations they chose.
1. Amrita Puri and Imrun Sethi: Amrita Puri, the actress who rose to fame with the movie “Aisha” had a lovely fairytale wedding where everyone followed the pastel theme and the bride was beautifully dressed in an off-white outfit and so was her to-be-husband Imrun. The ceremony took place in a grand style at Bangkok which was no less than a fairytale. They choose the destination to be in a foreign country but they solemnized the wedding in Hindu and Sikh rituals.
2. Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy: This “instagram-famous” couple who are perfect soul-mates got hitched in Goa in 2013. They are perfect party animals, so they chose a party destination for their wedding, and Goa is the perfect place to party. They had a beach wedding which had super scenic moments and the duo looked extremely fresh and mesmerizing. A gazebo set up on the beach and chairs covered with gauze was all done in English style but they got married in the most traditional way possible looking amazing.
3. Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh: Deepika and Ranveer’s union was one of the most-awaited one in Bollywood ever because it was a dream wedding of the two most popular stars. . Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh got married at Villa Del Balbianello, situated at Lake Como in Italy in a two-day ceremony on the 14th and 15th November in 2018. The first ceremony was held following Konkani customs and the next day with Sindhi customs. The destination wedding only had a few invites with most of them being their very close family members and then the wedding was followed by grand receptions at various locations in India.
4. Lisa Haydon and Dino Lalvani: Lisa and her to-be-hubby had a beach-side wedding and this surely was the goals. The wedding was scenic, and everyone was dressed in fresh white, bridesmaids looking like princesses and that beautiful location! They had a Catholic style wedding and they said “I do” on this beautiful location. And right a year after that, they celebrated their first anniversary with their baby and got re-married.
5. Surveen Chawla and Akshay Thakker: Surveen Chawla, the lead from “Hate Story 2” met Akshay Thakker in 2013 and it was rumored that they got married in 2015. They were waiting for the right time and later they announced their wedding in 2018. They had a grand destination wedding at Italy which has become a hugely popular place for couples to get married. It was Surveen’s dream to get married in a chapel in a catholic style wedding and Akshay made it a reality for her.
6. Rukmini Sahay and Neil Nitin Mukesh: When it comes to the Neil Nitin Mukesh’s family, everything has to be royal! Their wedding took place at the Radisson Blu Resort and Spa at Udaipur. The resort was situated near the mountains, so everything looked heavenly and royal, just as the couple had wanted. The wedding was also one of the grandest weddings that happened in Bollywood and how can it go wrong when the destination is as scenic as Udaipur.
7. Preity Zinta And Gene Goodenough: Preity Zinta was linked up with Ness Wadia, but later, she married his close friend Gene Goodenough in a hush-hush wedding. It was a destination wedding for Preity because they got married in a private ceremony in Los Angeles and that followed by a grand reception in Mumbai.
8. Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas: This is the first couple that tops the list when we think about destination weddings. The destination for this international celebrity couple was the royal and grand Umaid Bhavan Palace. They got married in both Indian and Catholic style wedding and loads of their closed ones were invited to this royal destionation wedding held at Udaipur. And the duo looked amazing together.
9. Ranvijay Singha and Priyanka Vohra: Their destination wedding was held at Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort- Mombasa, Kenya. It was breezy beach wedding and the theme was pretty, calm, pastel and more. It was a day-time wedding with an open-air setup which looked like a fairytale.
10. Virat Kohli And Anushka Sharma: Virat and Anushka, like a majority of other celeb couples, chose the destination to be in Italy. The location was Tuscany and it was a dream location. The wedding was rumored to take place in Milan, but it turned out to be a place called Borgo Finocchieto in Tuscany, South Italy. The wedding happened in complete Punjabi style and looks like Italy just got a little taste of mini Punjab.