I watched Kurbaan today. More than the movie, I love Kareena’s eye makeup. It was so beautiful that I just wanted to watch her makeup done in more and more colours. As far as I remember, only two bold colours were used- Prussian blue and black.
The reason I loved her eye makeup was because I thought it was the easiest eye makeup to do in the world. 😀 I personally end up not doing eye makeup most of the time. Reasons being -too lazy or getting ready in a hush hush. Anyway, as soon as I reached home after the movie, I couldn’t wait to try the makeup. Voila! I did it. 😛
It was so easy peasy and I did it in less than 3 minutes.The look is pretty wearable and you can experiment a lot with the colours.
Another thing, I don’t get my eyebrows done. I just remove the extra hair but this time I did something funny. Story, some other time. 😛
- Himalaya Kajal
- Colorbar Time Plus Concealer stick in Coral
- Colorbar Duo Mascara
- Lakme Eyepot in Topaz
- Lakme Nine to Five Defining Eyeliner in Jade
The steps are super easy
Step 1: Prep and prime your eyes with concealer.
Step 2: Put a wash of Topaz colour all over your eyelids upto your brow bone. You can use any bronze or golden cream based eye shadow. This is just to give a base to your lids and highlight your brow bone.
Step 3: Now come the eyeliner. With any coloured eyeliner (I used peacock green) draw a wide line on top of your upper lash line and then fit it up. Keep the line thickest in the middle and thinner towards the end. The line should look like a small hill. Fill this empty outline very densely with the eyeliner. The brighter the better. Also, apply a little colour in the inner corner of your eyes. Do not smudge the lines. We are trying to create sharp lines.
Step 4: Apply Mascara and kajal.
Here’s how my eyes looked. I guess I am going to buy eye lineers in loads of colours now. Loved the look and loved it how easy it is to do.This look would look best with either bright colours. Use black and you have smoky eyes.
Gee! I am so glad.
A few extras:
- You can smudge your kajal.
- If you are using a black eyeliner on your eyelids, you can create a wing with a liquid liner.
- You can heavily use mascara with this look
- Use a nudish lipstick because the heavy look on your eyes has to balance the overall look of your face.
- You can experiment this look with coloured contacts.
- For night outs/ parties, you can use glitter eye liner instead of pencil or liquid eyeliners.
- You can thicken the eyeliner according to the shape of your eyes.
- To make the look heavier, heavily kohl your lower waterline as well.
So ladies, what do you think?
Love and Hugs