Favorite Make-up for an Evening Out
One of my very close friend is getting married really soon, so we decided to give her a “Hen’s party” 🙂 Oooooh! you can imagine the excitement… especially cause we got to dress up and I got to make up everyone! Yay Yay Yay Yay! So after I finished with “making up” my friends and myself, I realized that I had zeroed onto my fav cosmetics and I so wanted to share it with you guys 🙂 So here I go…
This is the look I did for the evening and I used all my fav products for it 🙂
The list is as follows:
- Oriflame’s Peach Me Perfect Foundation
- Garnier Body Cocoon Body Lotion
- MaXfactor Lapiz Kajal: black
- ELF Liquid Eye Liner
- Oriflame flawless foundation
- Oriflame Visions V* Soul Mates Eye Shadow
- ELF Brightening Eye Color
- Revlon waterproof mascara
- Street Wear Smoothwear Blush: Pink blossom
- Bonnebell lipLUSHous: Cherry Bling
Let me now describe each product in detail and what I really like about each of them.
1. Garnier Body Cocoon is an awesome lotion and for people like me who have extremely dry skin, it’s like an oasis in a desert! It’s oily and it’s nourishing… And the best part is that it has negligible or no smell! 😀 Hence, it doesn’t interfere with the perfume I choose for the evening! I have been using this lotion on my face and body since a lot of years now and I must say that my skin swears by it. I have used a moisturizer with such devotion and loyalty as I use this lotion. It leaves my skin all supple, soft and smooth.
2. Oriflame Peach Me Perfect Foundation is one of the only foundations that I trust my skin with. Honestly speaking, I am scared of foundations, scared of the way they leave my skin dry and uncomfortable, but with Peach me Perfect foundation, I have found solace! ☺ I mix this foundation with my body cocoon moisturizer and apply it all over my face and neck. It imparts a subtle glow to my skin and leaves it looking peachy perfect and dewy.
3. Oriflame Flawless Foundation is another foundation that I use when I do a full makeup. Honestly, earlier I used to think that buying it was a big mistake cause it left my skin vey dry and patchy but now I have found an awesome use for it! I use it as my eye makeup primer and it really works flawlessly as a primer! I have super oily lids (opposite to the skin on the rest of my body) and so this dry foundation actually helps my eye makeup remain intact. I apply it all over my lids and also a bit under my eyes before applying any form of eye makeup.
4. Oriflame Visions V* Soul Mates Eye Shadow is a new product that I have tried since the last month and I am already hooked to it! I simply love its smooth texture and high pigmentation. It doesn’t irritate my skin and neither does it leave me creasing! In the pic I have used “Bonnie and Clyde”. The other shades that are available are also amazing and give awesome results. They are pretty long stay and can be found in a range of cute colors.
5. ELF Brightening Eye Color is yet another product that I am in love with! They have a glitzy effect once applied and I love their staying power. In the pic, I have used the darkest grey from “Drama #2007”. The Bonnie and Clyde that I had used from Oriflame was a soft color and so to add drama to my eyes and blended some “ELF’s Drama” onto it. The effect looked pretty fab!
6. MaXfactor Lapiz Kajal in Black turned out to be my savior when I was looking for a long stay, smudge proof yet intensely black kajal. The maXfactor kajal is all that and I have no regrets buying it! In the pic I have used on my waterline and it stayed put all evening! I so love it! It costs Rs.220/- and is worth every paisa!
7. ELF Liquid Eye Liner is yet another product that I swear by and have been very very happy with it. It comes with a felt tip applicator and helps me with precision and is a boon for applying it on the waterline. Yes I use it on the waterline and it doesn’t burn! It doesn’t burn and it doesn’t smudge! It’s water proof, smudge proof, easy to use… How much more awesome could it get? In the pic, I have lined my upper lash line and my lower water line with it. It costs Rs.199/-
8. Revlon Waterproof Mascara is something I have recently started using and have been pretty happy with it. Though let me tell you I have used better mascaras in the past but this is holding up for me still. It could be mainly because of it’s extreme smudge proof behavior and extremely water proof capabilities. On the other hand it tends to clump and I have to be super careful to not end up with clumped lashes! 🙁
9. Street Wear Smoothwear Blush is the first blush that I have ever used and I am pretty happy with it. It’s really smooth and has no glitter, just a “just pinched me” pink color. The brush that comes with it now is super horrible and is really really hard and harsh to my skin 🙁 But with a proper blush brush, the smoothwear blush is quite a buy especially cause it costs a measly Rs.190/-
10. Bonnebell Lip LUSHous was a gift from my Best friend that she got from the US for me. She got it in “Cheery Bling” for me and I have been addicted to it since then. It’s quite a sheer gloss and claims to have lip plumping capabilities. Am not sure if it really plumps my lips but the bubble gummy flavor and the non-sticky consistency and a tingling sensation it imparts to my lips has simply blown me away. It’s just down right yummy!
I hope you liked going through this post of mine and have gotten an insight about what goes into my daily make-up 🙂