In this cricket-crazy nation, where people worship and idolize their favourite cricketers like anything, these men are no less than trendsetters for their fans. These ‘men in blue’ garner a lot of attention for making amazing style statements off-the field. Don’t be stunned if I tell you that it’s not just restricted to them. In fact, a new wave of glitz and glamour have made way into their lives as the young cricketers marry models, celebrities, and sports players. In this article, I will take you through some of the hottest wives of Indian cricketers who define glamour better than their respective husbands.
1. Anushka Sharma/Virat Kohli: This Bollywood A-lister actress who is also the spouse of Virat Kohli, captain of Indian Cricket team together make one of hottest high-profile celebrity couples of India. They are a nice example of Indian Cricket’s matchmaking with Bollywood. The couple initially got introduced to each other while shooting for an ad commercial and after dating for a few years Anushka became Mrs. Kohli in a hush-hush wedding ceremony in Tuscany, Italy. Virat Kohli and Anushka tied the knot on December 11, 2017, and their wedding announcement took the nation by the storm. Their destination wedding in Italy was a dreamy affair and made us believe in magic of fairy tales again. This super stylish couple too had many ups and downs in life but Anushka remained by Virat’s side as the perfect life-partner. Their social media PDA and super-cute couple pictures makes us go gaga over this uber-cool pair. Certainly, our Mrs. Kohli is the hottest and cutest wife and henceforth tops this list just like her captain hubby.
2. Hazel Keech/Yuvraj Singh: Do you remember this cute actress who was a part of ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’ film? Many of you may not have noticed it well. This cute lady is a popular Bollywood actress and now wife of dashing Indian cricketer, Yuvraj Singh. After dating many beautiful women in his life, Yuvi ultimately found his soulmate in Hazel Keech and tied the knot on November 30, 2016 in Chandigarh, which was a Gurudwara wedding. The couple also threw an extravagant Hindu-Bihari wedding in Goa which was attended by many people from Indian Cricket fraternity. This lady who is known for her exotic looks had already won several hearts with her item song “Aa Ante Amalapuram.”
3. Sakshi Dhoni/MS Dhoni: She may not be the hottest, but she is surely the cutest and most bubbly wife of Indian cricket team’s ex-captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni. Our captain met this cute lady in a 5-star hotel where she was working after completing her hotel management degree. She worked as a trainee at the Taj Bengal in Kolkata. This was not their first meet. The couple have known each other since childhood which helped in taking the relationship further. We all got to witness their cute love story onscreen in the movie “MS Dhoni: The Untold Story”. Her stylish wardrobe and funky hairstyles give a nice twist to her cute looks.
4. Sharmila Tagore/Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi: Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi, ex-captain of Indian cricket team and his wife Sharmila Tagore serve as one of the India’s iconic celebrity couples. The enigmatic waves of love between cricket and Bollywood started off with this couple. This relationship dates back to 1965 when Sharmila fell for the ace-cricketer and got married amidst stiff family opposition. Sharmila was a super-successful actress back then and has been a prominent face in many Bollywood movies. Her union with the cricketer paved the way for many successful Bollywood-Sports marriages. This beautiful couple are parents to three children-Saif Ali Khan, Soha Ali Khan and Saba Ali Khan.
5. Sagarika Ghatge/Zaheer Khan: Sagarika Ghatge was a prominent face in the movie “Chak De India”. Zaheer and Sagarika made their first public appearance when they walked hand in hand as a couple at Yuvraj-Hazel’s wedding which soon confirmed the news of their relationship. Their relationship status was kept a top secret and they dated for a while before taking the relationship to the next level. This Indian fast bowler got engaged to the beauty in a secret low-key affair May 23, 2017, and got hitched on November 23, 2017, in a court marriage. This was not the end of celebrations. Soon after, this was followed by other wedding functions. This wedding of cricket and Bollywood created another cute couple who are enjoying a happy married life.
6. Geeta Basra/Harbhajan Singh: This former Bollywood actress is the wife of Indian spinner, Harbhajan Singh. When their relationship began, it already started hitting rough patches which kept the media people confused for a while about its impending future. Finally, the couple sealed the deal and cemented their bonding by getting hitched on October 29, 2015. Geeta is undoubtedly charming and has a glam quotient surrounding her. She may not have been a successful actress but she can surely charm anyone with her elegance. The couple had quite a lavish wedding followed by an equally grand wedding reception on November 1, 2015. They are leading a complete family life now and are parents to a cute daughter.
7. Ritika Sajdeh/Rohit Sharma: Ritika Sajdeh was related to Rohit sharma as his sports manager for 6 years before the couple fell for each other. She has been the cricketer’s best partner and has supported him thoroughly in his tough times. This sports manager is responsible for regular deals with sports events and matches. Not only are her looks super-chic, but she has a lovely innocence on her face which is tough not to fall for. Our handsome hunk Rohit also fell for the same and the couple tied the knot at a low-key affair in 2015. An uber-cool couple, these two make a very stylish pair.
8. Natasha Jain Gambhir/Gautam Gambhir: This is another solid example of childhood love story. Gautam and Natasha have known each other since childhood and fell for each other long back. Their relationship stood the test of time and the two tied the knot in October 2011. In comparison to her introvert hubby, Mrs. Gambhir is an outspoken and bold personality. She is also really beautiful and her gracefulness has earned her a place in today’s list. We wish this charming couple all the very best for their future.
9. Ayesha Mukherjee/Shikhar Dhawan: Ayesha Mukherjee who is an Australian-based half-British half-Bengali amateur boxer is wife to one of the hottest Indian cricketers, Shikhar Dhawan. With her jaw-dropping looks and sensuality, she is undoubtedly a glamour queen in the league of gorgeous cricketers’ wives. The best part is she is even a mother to three kids but that doesn’t seem to have any effect on her charm. This lady has a huge age gap of 12 years with the cricketer but the couple look amazing together. Ayesha makes sure she stays fit and also motivates her husband to maintain a strong physique. In 2014, Dhawan became a proud father as Ayesha gave birth to a baby boy Zoravar Dhawan. She can give any ace model a run for money with her gorgeous looks.
10. Dipika Pallikal/Dinesh Kartik: Dipika initially hated cricketers but little did she know that she would end up with one of the most sought-after wicketkeeper-batsman of India. This beauty is not only popular for having the title of a cricketer’s wife. She has been in the sports domain and is a successful squash player herself. Dipika proved her mettle by becoming the first female squash player to be rewarded with the Arjuna Award. She was also honored with the Padma Shri award which was given to her in 2014. Dinesh divorced his first wife Nikita Vijay in 2012 followed by tying the knot with ace squash player Dipika Pallikal in 2015. This ace-squash player has more fan following than her cricketer husband Karthik even though she played a lesser known sport. She comes to support her husband for IPL matches who plays for Delhi Daredevils team. Together, they make a super-stylish couple.
Here, comes the end of this list. Thank you for reading this.