Product Purchased by IMBB
Skin Tone: Light to Medium with warm undertones
Skin Type: Combination
There has been an influx of iridescent highlighters in the market recently. Everyone wants to get that “unicorn” glow. Everyone from Anastasia to Kat Von D to BH has come out with their own versions o iridescent holographic highlighting palettes. BH cosmetics released the Spotlight and Blacklight palettes. “Spotlight” contains more muted highlighters and “Blacklight” contains those beaming pops of colour. So today, I will be reviewing the “Backlight” palette. So, let’s see more details of this palette:
Embrace the ethereal allure of our Blacklight Highlight 6 Color Palette, an assortment of iridescent shimmer powders that produce enchanting effects. The pearlized pastels conjure up daring, dreamy looks when applied above cheekbones, above and beneath brows, on inner eye corners, Cupid’s bow, bridge of nose, shoulders, collarbone & anywhere you’d normally highlight. Apply colors individually or layer and blend to create a pigment of your imagination!
My Experience with BH Cosmetics Blacklight Highlight 6 Color Palette:
Blacklight Highlighting Palette comes in a sleek black six-pan cardboard packaging. The palette comes in a black sleeve with the same graphic design which shows the colour of the highlighters inside. The palette closes securely with a magnetic closure. Overall, the packaging is gorgeous and lightweight. The pans that hold the highlighters are huge which means that these highlighter are going to last for a very long time.
The highlighters are really beautiful. Each shade has a name that has been written below that particular highlighter. The texture of these highlighters is soft and smooth. They have a great pigmentation. The duo chrome shift in each highlighter is beautiful. There are no huge chunks of glitters. The glitter particles are finely milled though there is a bit of kick up. The highlighters do not accentuate my pores or accentuate my skin’s texture. These last for around 6 hours on me.
There are a total of 6 shades in the palette:
- Electra is a light yellow coloured highlighter with champagne glitter in it. This is one of the most wearable shade on a daily basis compared to others.
- Laser is a green-toned highlighter with champagne golden glitter in it.
- Kween is a blue duochrome highlighter. This particular highlighter was bit chalky to apply.
- Strobe is a straight-out white highlighter with silver glitter in it.
- On Point is a medium pink duochrome. This shade works well as an eyeshadow on my skin tone.
- Illusion is a light pink with purple flip to it.
This palette is an excellent bargain for the price of $17. I will highly recommend this palette for women who want that beaming unicorn glow on their face. If you want a more natural “glow from within look,” then you can purchase the spotlight palette which contains classic champagne, gold, pinks and bronze. shades.
Overall, I am really impressed with the pigmentation and texture of this highlighter palette.
Pros of BH Cosmetics Blacklight Highlight 6 Color Palette:
- Beautiful duochrome highlighter shades in white, green, yellow, blue and pinks.
- Smooth, soft, highly pigmented highlighter shades.
- Extremely intense highlighter.
- Good longevity.
- Blends easily.
- Travel friendly.
Cons of BH Cosmetics Blacklight Highlight 6 Color Palette:
- There is a bit of kick up.
Do I Recommend BH Cosmetics Blacklight Highlight 6 Color Palette?
Yes, I do recommend it to everyone.
Would I Repurchase BH Cosmetics Blacklight Highlight 6 Color Palette?
Yes, I will repurchase.