The B-town industry is infamous for late marriages and long-bachelorhood (pun seriously intended towards Salman Khan). While contemporary actors and actresses are mostly getting married in their 30’s fearing a lull in their career. But there are a few exceptional celebs who decided to walk down the aisle at a very young age. These actors and actresses have refuted the belief that marriage can end one’s career. Some have been highly successful and are doing really well. In this post, I have penned down a detailed list of bollywood actors and actresses who got married at a young age.
1. Divya Bharti: Divya was one of the cutest and brightest actresses of Bollywood who defied the adage of “late marriages” in Bollywood. She fell head-over-heels in love with movie producer, Sajid Nadiawala and tied the knot at the age of 18. However, things went downhill from there and she lost her life in a tragic incident within a year of marriage. It was surely a loss of a beautiful celebrity. She was just 19 then!!
2. Dimple Kapadia: This B-town diva was the spouse of ace actor, Rajesh Khanna. Dimple was enjoying the peak time of her successful career when she fell for the Bollywood superstar. Things fell in place and despite the huge age gap, the duo got married. Dimple was just 17 years old when she tied the knot 31-year-old Rajesh Khanna. Dimple and Rajesh had two daughters, Twinkle Khanna and Rinkle Khanna and though she had rocky marriage, she continued to act in films.
3. Bhagyashree Patwardhan: You must have heard of this “Maine Pyar Kiya” actress? She was not just a Bollywood actress but was also a royal princess, who got proposed by her school-time love, Himalaya Dasani. They took their school time romance to the next level and got hitched eventually. She was just 21 years old at that time.
4. Genelia D’souza: Genelia D’souza, now known as Genelia Deshmukh, tied the knot with her co-star, Ritesh Deshmukh. This bubbly actress was just 25 years old when she took the decision to get hitched. The couple are parents to two baby boys and are enjoying the best of marital life.
5. Chitrangada Singh: This dusky actress also got hitched at a very young age. She fell for ace-golfer, Jyoti Randhawa when she was 25 years old and tied the knot soon after. The marriage however did not last long and the couple got divorced in 2014.
6. Aditi Rao Hydari: Do you remember this beautiful actress who played the role of Alauddin Khilji’s wife in the Bollywood blockbuster “Padmavaat”? She is not just an actress but also a royal princess from Hyderabad. She got married at an early age and tied the knot to Satyadeep Mishra at the age of 21.
7. Neetu Singh: She is one of the most popular actresses from the yesteryears and also the bahu of the Kapoor family. Neetu got married to the chocolate boy, Rishi Kapoor when she was 21. The couple started as good friends but eventually developed feelings for each other. They shared a great on-screen chemistry and audience loved their pairing. The two got blessed with two kids, daughter Riddhima Kapoor Sahni and son, Ranbir Kapoor who is the most popular eligible bachelor of Bollywood.
8. Saira Banu: She is the wife of legendary Bollywood superstar, Dilip Kumar. The couple were madly in love with each other and she got hitched to the actor at an early age of 21.
9. Babita Shivdasani: She is the mother of Bollywood actresses Karishma Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor. Babita tied the knot with Randhir Kapoor at 23. Both have known each other since childhood and shared an amazing chemistry. The couple’s jodi in ‘Kal Aaj Aur Kal’, which was a great runaway success.
1. Shah Rukh Khan: The King Khan of Bollywood fell in love with Gauri much before he earned stardom in life. Shah Rukh was not even settled in Mumbai when the couple eloped and got hitched. He was just 25 then. From that time till date, this marriage has survived all ups and downs and have made us believe in true love over and over again. This has been one of the most successful marriages of Bollywood and the duo is going strong as ever. The duo has three kids, Aryan, Suhana, and Abram.
2. Ayushmann Khurana: The “Andhadhun” actor may not have started his journey as an actor but is surely one of the most successful actors in the B-town today. He is a multi-talented personality who has even tried in singing. This hunk got married way before he earned stardom. He got hitched to his high-school sweetheart, Tahira Kashyap when he was just 26. The couple have a son and a daughter. Tahira is currently battling breast cancer and Ayushmann has showed immense support as a good hubby during those tough times.
3. Aamir Khan: Mr. Perfectionist may not be so perfect when it comes to being happily married. He got into wedlock twice but he was very young when he got hitched for the first time. Aamir was just 21 years old when he married Reena Dutta. The couple were madly in love, unfortunately things didn’t work well between them and eventually they parted ways. The couple have been amicable for the sake of looking after their two kids. Aamir is happily enjoying his married life with Kiran Rao and also has a son with the lady.
4. Hrithik Roshan: The most handsome face of Bollywood, Hrithik was head-over-heels in love with his childhood sweetheart, Sussanne Khan. Both shared a cute love story and were good friends before they tied the knot. Hrithik was just 26 when he got married. However, due to infidelity issues and affairs rumors with co-stars, this marriage failed to sustain forever. The couple have parted ways but are still cordial and look after their kids well.
5. Emraan Hashmi: The serial kisser of Bollywood also tied the knot at a very young age. He may have done intense scenes onscreen but his marriage did not suffer due to this. Emraan got hitched to his girlfriend, Parveen Shahani at the age of 25 after dating for 6 ½ years and they also have a cute son. The couple never had any infidelity issues and is considered to be one of the strongest marriages ever.
6. Arjun Rampal: Arjun Rampal is one of the most handsome actors of Bollywood. This tall hunk got introduced to former Miss India, Mehr Jessia when he joined the modelling industry. Both were fellow models and started dating each other. Soon after, they got hitched when he was just 26. The actor was still struggling to establish himself in Bollywood when the wedlock took place. The couple has two daughters. They remained strong for long but due to trust issues they got divorced eventually.
7. Imran Khan: Imran Khan is the nephew of Bollywood actor, Aamir khan. Just like his mama, he also tied the knot early. Most of us know that both Imran and Ranbir had a crush on Avantika Malik. Avantika even dated Ranbir Kapoor for a while before she chose Imran. They got married when they were 28. Now, the duo has a little daughter, Imara.
8. Saif Ali Khan: Bollywood’s ‘Chhote Nawab’ got married when he was just 21 years old. He developed an instant liking for Amrita Singh who was way older to him. Despite the long age gap and disapproval from families, the duo got hitched. The couple have a son, Ibrahim and a daughter, Sara Ali Khan who has recently joined Bollywood. The marriage did not last long due to Saif’s infidelity issues. They got divorced in 2004 and Saif found in his soul mate in Kareena Kapoor Khan later.
9. Shashi Kapoor: Shashi Kapoor is another member of the Kapoor family who got married at an early age. The guy found love in a foreigner, Jennifer Kendall and decided to get hitched. He was just 20 years old then.
10. Dharmendra: Bollywood’s real “He-Man” got married to his first wife, Prakash Kaur when was just 19 years old. The couple even have 3 sons together. Soon after, the actor found love in Bollywood’s dream girl, Hema Malini. He is living a happy and complete life now.
Here, come the end of the list. Hope you enjoyed reading this piece.