Most of us would agree that some of our B-town celebrities possess what is generally considered as ‘the girl next door’ look and vibes. That is not to say that they are any less glamorous however it must be noted that they do appeal to us more for their “natural and easy demeanour” and unassuming looks offscreen more than their ultra-s*xy, foxy avatars on screen. These leading ladies of Bollywood have become such popular household names for their earthiness sans any elaborate makeup or extensive beautifying enhancements that they can rightly claim to be the ‘girl next door’. They walk and move around with ease and confidence. In this post, we list down 10 bollywood actresses who have girl next door looks.
1. Alia Bhatt: If one were to take a look at this Bollywood star’s photos, one would realise that she actually looks a normal girl. Her avatar in ‘Student of the Year’, was highly decked up and made every girl on the block envious. However in real life as against reel life, she sports what can best be described as ‘the girl next door ‘ look. And she does so with utmost ease and comfort. Alia loves being natural and is often spotted in “no makeup” looks.
2. Shraddha Kapoor: She wooed us all with her heart-warming debut performance in “Aashiqui 2” and endeared herself to us all. And for all who have followed her on her various social handles have come to learn that she is one of those actresses who prefer to go about unadorned, looking all simple and cute, than decking up heavily, inspiring others to do the same, to be proud of their looks without any cosmetic enhancement. Shraddha also unhesitatingly posts pictures in her pyjamas and looks quite comfy in them. Her simple looks have made her perfect for the “girl next door” look.
3. Parineeti Chopra: This B-town actress too is well known for her simple looks sans any heavy makeup. Not only that she has been unapologetically forthcoming with her ordinary looks during her school days prior to her becoming a Bollywood celebrity, and is proud to share such captured moments of her pre-stardom days on social media. She is a perfect example of a “girl next door.”
4. Anushka Sharma: This Bollywood diva has been in the headlines for a multitude of reasons, from her brilliant acting skills churning successive box office hits to her celebrity marriage to Indian Cricketer Virat Kohli. But she is also famed for sporting her ordinary looks. She posts pictures of herself without any makeup regularly on social media platforms thereby promoting a very healthy and welcome idea of everybody being comfortable with their own original selves without the help of any makeup. She is comfortable flaunting both fully-dressed looks as well as the normal day-to-day looks.
5. Disha Patani: She has been on the cover of multiple magazines and has been the face of a number of promotions as well. But this Bollywood diva looks rather different offscreen. She actually has a very modest appearance although far from calling it plain or unattractive. She has a rather pleasant ‘girl next door’ thing going on for her.
6. Sara Ali Khan: Considered one of the most beautiful new faces on the Bollywood roster, in reality Sara Ali Khan actually is quite simple looking. Look at her simple yet chic gym attires, you will get an idea of what we are talking about! She has a common face albeit with pretty features, but most importantly, without makeup, she can easily be mistaken as the girl next door.
7. Radhika Apte: She is the quintessential girl next door. Radhika is well known for sporting plain, modest looks. She is a staunch believer in being comfortable in one’s own skin, and not obsess over makeup.
8. Tapasee Pannu: If you catch this Bollywood hottie without make-up, you will be pleasantly surprised with her simple looks. She preens pretty-on screen but off-screen she has the unassuming yet cute looks of the typical ‘girl next door’.
9. Ananya Pandey: This young debutante looks mighty different in her pictures and she looks like a common girl without chiselled features.
10. Kiara Advani: Kiara carries what is generally accepted as the high school girl look, sweet and chic. If you catch her without any makeup, you will not believe that she is the same glam girl you see on the big screens. But Kiara too is quite comfortable with her ordinary, everyday-person look and unassumingly slips into her ‘girl next door’ role.
So beloved readers, tell us what do you think of our list and please suggest any name that we might have missed out on, in the comments section below.