There is a famous quote by Juvenal which goes by, “orandum est ut sit mens sana in corpore sano,” which translates into “you should pray for a healthy mind in a healthy body.” And if we are to take a look around us, we see that people generally have become more health conscious than ever before. There’s an increase awareness about good health and fitness with people making a conscious effort to workout and eat healthy. And obviously, our beloved B-town celebrities are the flagbearers of this growing fitness trend, they set benchmarks and motivate us to follow them to attain perfect fitness level. Here are 10 bollywood actresses who have high fitness levels. Most of them even have fitness tapes and programs that are widely popular and purchased, with fans subscribing to their channels and apps to learn their secrets to remain fit. Today, we shall list out those Bollywood actresses who have earned a name for themselves courtesy their super cool fitness levels.
1. Deepika Padukone: Our first on the list is one who even does not even needs to work out, but being a part of the cut-throat Bollywood celebrity A-list, being in top shape isn’t an option but a prerequisite. Deepika is naturally endowed with what one would call a perfect, svelte, athletic figure, but she is known to work hard to keep in perfect shape. One of the most talented actresses of the Bollywood circuit is also one of the fittest women in the country. Her diet and exercise regime are directed towards maintaining her beautiful figure.
2. Katrina Kaif: This gorgeous diva, who is also a natural beauty also has one of the most desirable bodies in Bollywood. Katrina is known to put in a lot of hours of workout every day to stay in shape, perfectly aided by her personal trainer and dietician. She is undoubtedly one of the hardest working actresses of B-town and follows a rigorous training routine propped up by a strict healthy diet, to be acclaimed as one of the fittest girls in town.
3. Shilpa Shetty: Shilpa is probably the unofficial brand ambassador of fitness in Bollywood. She is passionately dedicated to fitness and healthy food. As a matter of fact, she has her own youtube channel where she shares healthy recipes and her Sunday binge episodes are popular on Instagram. She has also written a few books on fitness and yoga. This beautiful Bollywood actress is truly an icon for health and fitness in India. Her super-fit and slim figure even post pregnancy sets a solid example of a dedicated workout regime to all mothers out there who are looking forward to lose weight.
4. Kareena Kapoor Khan: Kareena Kapoor is not only a successful actress of the big screen, she is also an icon and women of substance. She got back into shape within months of giving birth to her son Taimur. When it comes to fitness, this Bollywood celebrity doesn’t kid around, her gym pictures make rounds of social media handles everyday. The way she fought off the post-pregnancy pounds and got back in shape by putting no less than 10 hours per day in the gym has become an inspiring tale to all the women out there. This diva was the flag bearer to the concept of “Zero figure” in B-town where she had flaunted her slim and well-trimmed body in a bikini in the well-talked Bollywood flick, Tashan.
5. Alia Bhatt: This cute and bubbly actress is known for her fit body, but this head turner hottie wasn’t always this fit. She was a chubby teenager who lost 16 kgs in under 3 months and came to possess a figure that’s the envy of her contemporaries. With a perfect combination of power exercise, yoga, gymnastics and a healthy diet, Alia has an envious figure that she is dedicated to maintain through sheer diligence and hitting the gym regularly and resisting the temptation of gorging indulgence for oily and spicy food and sweets which she always had a tooth for.
6. Malaika Arora: Malaika Arora has a fab physique, period! She is so fit that even teenagers would go green with envy. This Bollywood bombshell has been the ‘item number’ of many seasons, but we think she has some of the best years ahead of her. Malaika gets to maintain her hot bod by religiously following a health and fitness regime that demands dedication and sweat. And as she is never shy to put in the hours, she gets to keep a bod that makes younger girls shy to show-off their good features. Even in her 40’s, Malaika can make any girl green with envy with her super-fit bod. You re truly an inspiration for all of us!
7. Anushka Sharma: The ‘Band Baaja Baraat’ actress, Anushka Sharma, WOW-ed us all with her bikini avatar in ‘ Ladies vs Ricky Bahl,” but just like a majority of Bollywood actresses, she had to earn it in the gym and also by following a strict diet.
8. Parineeti Chopra: This uber talented actress is also a major fitness icon. Parineeti’s fitness routine rotates around getting a good cardio, sweating it out over the treadmill, swimming, taking move classes and even learning Kalaripayattu, a hand to hand fighting style perfected in Kerala, to shed those accidental extra pounds. Hats off to her dedication. Today, she is on the list of one of the fittest actresses of the tinsel town.
9. Sara Ali Khan: For all those women out there fighting PCOS and those extra pounds, this Bollywood starlet is the perfect example of doing it right and never giving up. Sara Ali fights off those pesky pounds by keeping true to her fitness regime. She doesn’t believe in tiring oneself to exhaustion; rather she is in favour of a balanced approach to exercise. Sara is truly a remarkable star and is an icon of good health and fitness.
10. Jhanvi Kapoor: This drop-dead gorgeous diva of Bollywood is famous for her fitness routine and gym looks. Jhanvi is one of those people who won’t starve to stay fit but is known to indulge in her favourite delicacies now and then. However, she makes up for her diet breaks by doubling her efforts in the gym and that is just inspiring. She is never tired nor makes excuses when it comes to sweating it out in the gym to keep those nasty unwanted pounds at bay. Her commitment to health and fitness is commendable.
So dear readers, tell us what you feel about our list. Share your thoughts in the comments section below. Till next time. Adios damas.