“All that glitters is not gold”- truly sums up the essence of today’s article. While the glitz and glamour of Bollywood may feel like a dreamy affair but life is not that happening and glitzy on the inside. If you know what I mean! Tinsel town beauties are so engrossed in earning fame that relationships and friendships don’t last here at all. In the rat-race of becoming number one, Bollywood actresses make more enemies than friends, some ending up in dirty cat fights too. There are many known cat fights in the industry that have resulted in animosity between the stars. In today’s article, I will walk you through 11 Bollywood actresses who are sworn enemies and can never be friends.
1. Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif: Our list kick starts with the most happening rivalry of the present B-town actresses. Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif are frenemies and the bone of contention between them was none other than the handsome hunk, Ranbir Kapoor. Both have dated the Kapoor scion for a while but it was reported that Ranbir ditched Deepika and even cheated on her with Katrina. Things have turned sour since then and both have hated each other like anything. Professional rivalry has made things worse for these actresses. Today, Ranbir is happily dating Alia, but his ex-girlfriends’ have not reconciled yet. In recent times, Deepika and Katrina tried mending things between them with Kat attending Deepika’s wedding but the real story is best known to them!!
2. Priyanka Chopra and Kareena Kapoor: I guess you all have enjoyed that the finale episode on Koffee with Karan show where the guests were our favourite B-town actresses Kareena and Priyanka. Nobody actually expected them to share the couch together but things are a lot better now. The cause of tension in their camaraderie is also due to the same man in their lives, Shahid Kapoor. This hit their relationship so much that they even made taunting comments on each other from time to time. Once upon a time, they used to be besties as well but things turned upside down and all we can see now is bad blood between them. However, things have become amicable now but they can never ever be together. So, don’t waste your time thinking if they will work together for a movie.
3. Anushka Sharma and Deepika Padukone: The reason for their tiff is the dashing Ranveer Singh. Anushka was dating Ranveer Singh when he suddenly ditched her because of another actress. And it is none other than our dimpled beauty, Deepika Padukone. We know that these two love birds are man and wife now, but things weren’t smooth initially. Anushka and DP hated each other due to the ex-boyfriend factor and she even blamed DP for her breakup and that caused a lot of strain on their friendship. Anushka found love in Virat Kohli later. Today, she is married to him but it seems there is still a cold war between the actresses as Deepika was missing from Anushka’s wedding reception in Mumbai where almost all the stars from the industry were present. Some things can never be repaired!
4. Madhuri Dixit and Sridevi: This is another notable rivalry from yesteryears. The reason being tough competition between these two contemporaries of the 80’s. Both of them were superb with their dancing and acting skills and were counted as top actresses. But the dream to be the best actress in the B-town turned them into rivals. It was so prominent that Madhuri’s “Ek Do Teen” song which is a super-successful blockbuster even today, turned Sridevi extremely jealous.
5. Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif: This cold war has a different story to the initiation of rivalry. Both these gorgeous actresses went to participate in an award function. And both of them wanted to be the showstopper. In that function, Katrina was chosen as the showstopper and Priyanka taunted by saying that she took her steps back calling it her greatness. On the other hand, Katrina boasted that she was the choice of the show that’s why she was the showstopper. After this incident, they were never seen together in any event.
6. Aishwarya Rai and Sonam Kapoor: Sonam Kapoor is another actress who doesn’t give much thought before saying something in public and her insensitive comments have often hurt the ego of her fellow Bollywood personalities. Do you remember the episode where she labelled Aishwarya as “an aunty from another generation?” Aish didn’t do anything to provoke her but this comment irked her and another rivalry began. Though Sonam apologized for her comments later but the damage was already made. Aishwarya refused to walk on Cannes Red Carpet with her that year and ultimately Sonam’s dreams were ruined.
7. Kareena Kapoor and Bipasha Basu: Their cat fight is a talk of the town and the news of their dirty flight became viral on the sets of the movie “Ajnabee”. The fight took such an ugly turn that Kareena slapped Bipasha and even called her “Kaali Billi”. Insulting right?? The later then decided to never work with Kareena again in future. Both haven’t crossed paths after that and stop commenting about each other publicly. Kareena also commented on John Abraham, who was at that time Bipasha’s boyfriend regarding his acting skills and facial expression. In return, Bipasha commented on ‘Koffee With Karan’ that Kareena had too many facial expressions while acting.
8. Rani Mukherjee and Aishwarya Rai: The Bachchan Bahu also has enemies in the industry just like her Saas. The tiff between Rani and Aishwarya is due to her husband Abhishek Bachchan. Before Aishwarya made her entry into Abhi’s life, he was quite close to Rani and even dated her for a while. Their onscreen chemistry in “Bunty Aur Bubly” can’t be forgotten. She was about to be the Bachchan Bahu but things didn’t fall into place due to reasons best known to the couple. Soon after their breakup, Abhishek started dating Aishwarya and wedding happened eventually. Since then, both these ladies are not on good terms. The tiff is so strong that Rani wasn’t even invited to the wedding. Aish also threatened Abhishek to not sign any projects with Rani.
9. Jaya Bachchan and Rekha: This is one of the oldest yet one of the most talked about cat fights in Bollywood. The bone of contention between them? It is none other than the living legend, Mr. Big B. Both these gorgeous ladies fell for the same man. While Jaya was successful in saving her marriage and stopped Amitabh from signing movies with her in future, the tiff between the ladies have still remained in fact. They usually avoid each other in public places.
10. Kangana Ranaut and Deepika Padukone: The Manikarnika queen is always known to speak her mind and doesn’t shy away from expressing her thoughts in public. She is often accused of indulging in washing dirty laundry in public due to which she is cornered by the rest of the Bollywood Industry. Want to know her reason of enmity with the Padmavaat Queen? Well, as expected she taunted DP in her recent remark about all the negativity and jealousy shrouding her in the industry. Deepika also answered her back silently by not sending her an invite on her wedding in almost every Bollywood celeb was called.
11. Aishwarya Rai and Sushmita Sen: Their rivalry dates back to the time of Miss India beauty pageant. While both of them have refrained from mud-slinging in public places, their cold war has always been on the top. While both have always vouched for the top spot in the pageant, unfortunately Sushmita made it to the top. But if you look at their career graphs, Aish has a much glorifying Bolly-career and fame status compared to Sushmita. Let’s not forget that she is the bahu of the golden family of Bollywood, The Bachchans. Well, if you are waiting for them to share silver screen together, then I am really sorry to foil your expectations as it is something next to impossible.
What do you think about these cat fights?? Let us know in the comments section below.