It’s not a cakewalk to become successful in Bollywood. From looks, well-toned figure to acting skills, luck, talent, everything matters. But do you know our favourite stars were not always glamorous and they worked on themselves and underwent drastic transformations to look the way they are now. They are also normal human beings and have led normal lives at some point of time with puppy fat and love handles at some point in their life. The fun fact is you will find it hard to recognize these stars if you flip through their old pictures. The power of glamour is such that it can transform you overnight. In this article, I have penned down a list of famous Bollywood stars and a glimpse of how they used to look while enjoying teenage dreams. Have fun by looking at these flashback pictures of our stars.
1. Deepika Padukone: The current reigning beauty of Bollywood, Deepika Padukone gives us the best example of “Change is the best spice of life”. Before making it big in Bollywood, DP looked like a normal person with girl-next door looks. As she had no exposure to the spotlight, there was nobody to tell her how to look her best. Her brand endorsement with Close-Up during her modelling days where she wore her beautiful smile can never be forgotten. Prior to her days in Bollywood, she looked quite dusky and skinnier. After her entry into Bollywood, not only has she achieved an attractive figure but also sports brighter skin tone. Amidst all these, one thing remained common, her beautiful smile with cute dimples. We have no doubts about the majestic beauty or the talent she possesses, but it is still surprising what caused such a massive change in her looks. This beautiful girl from Bangalore has certainly earned her place in the hearts of Indian audience.
2. Sonam Kapoor: She is the daughter of the famous Bollywood actor, Anil Kapoor. Sonam Kapoor was extremely bulky in her teenage years and weighed about 86 kilos. Before she stepped into the Bollywood, she did immense hard work to get rid of those extra kilos. Her style statements were also that not pronounced in her pre-Bollywood days. The diva lost about 30 kilos before she signed off her first venture into the Bollywood with the film ‘Saawariya.’ This was the film where Sonam portrayed a sensual self and looked really appealing. Since then till today, she has never looked back. Being a diabetes patient, she has been extremely careful about her diet plans and workout routine. Rightly called the “style icon” of Bollywood, this woman’s red carpet looks are to die for. It’s surely the stardom factor that changed things in a jiffy and we do look forward to her style inspirations.
3. Kajol: This legendary actress looked very sweet as a kid. But then Bollywood happened and things changed overnight. From dusky to white!! She has even whitened her skin tone. That’s the power of skin lightening. She looks way more beautiful now. However, her gorgeous eyebrows which is the trademark of her uniqueness remained the same.
4. Ranbir Kapoor: The chocolate boy of Bollywood, “Ranbir Kapoor” has acting skills in his genes. As a child, he used to be a very cute kid. In his first flick, “Saawariya”, we got a glimpse of his chocolate boy looks. Style comes naturally to this actor and this even got better after he joined the Bollywood industry. Ranbir has aged gracefully and portrays more of his manly avatar in his recent movies. Not much has changed about his looks and we harbor no doubt that he is the most handsome man in B-town. The actor will soon be seen in theatres with his upcoming film ‘Brahmastra’.
5. Katrina Kaif: How can we forget the Katrina Kaif in this list who has the experience of working with all the 3 Khans of Bollywood? Katrina Kaif, who is a Caucasian British has been really pretty since birth. She was blessed with long straight hair, slender face and body. Her innocence and her charm in those teenage years really made her stand out. The current looks of Katrina speaks more of her hotness quotient but even now she has maintained her beautiful self. After her Bollywood entry, she added a glam factor to her looks and looked way more beautiful. You will often witness her flaunting curly hairstyles in her present looks.
6. Ranveer Singh: Following the footsteps of his lady love, Ranveer stepped into acting from modelling and things changed drastically for him too. Ever since childhood, this guy has always aspired to be an actor. Ranveer had very cute, mischievous looks as a kid. After his entry into Bollywood, his way of styling changed immensely. He is well-known for his quirky style of dressing up. Ranveer Singh has gradually evolved as an actor with very film and we are looking forward to his upcoming releases.
7. Priyanka Chopra: Have you seen pictures of Priyanka Chopra on winning her Miss World title? Her original nose looked so imperfect. Of course, we should never judge a person on the basis of her looks but Priyanka has changed a lot since then. During her teenage days, she looked like normal children with dark skin, rough eyebrows and different lip structure. After getting into showbiz industry, she decided to go under the knife to rid herself of her original nose. Even she got lip job done and flaunts fuller-looking lips. She looks like a beauty queen in every way possible and has become the global style icon of India through her work and charisma.
8. Kareena Kapoor: Kareena Kapoor is a solid example of how Bollywood celebrities change after they join the industry. In her childhood years, Kareena was an extremely cute, fair, chubby kid with baby soft skin. And she has been pretty much chubby during those teenage years as well. Over the years, she has done many experimentations with her looks and figure. When she was a newbie, she started off with a cute and chubby avatar. Soon after, she followed a strict diet regime and began the concept of size zero with her film ‘Tashan’ in India. Her ultra slim and super sexy body puts the entire screen on fire. The sharp facial features and visible cheekbones can make any woman green with envy. Her post pregnancy weight gain became a matter of scrutiny in the media but the way she has got back to her previous shrinking self is remarkable. With pale skin, glittery eyes and an amazing figure, she is one of the most beautiful celebrities Bollywood has ever seen.
9. Kangana Ranaut: The ordinary girl next-door, chic and glamorous box of talent, Kangana Ranaut has many shades to her personality. As she hailed from a conservative, joint family in Himachal Pradesh, Kangana had her own list of struggles. With no sugar- daddy to give her back up in Bollywood, she has faced uncountable number of rejections. She also faced criticism for her extremely curly hair and found it tough to bag roles. Kangana looked totally different from the way she looks now. Her career from a small town girl to Bollywood’s leading actress is truly inspiring.
10. Alia Bhatt: The youngest daughter of Mahesh Bhatt is not only the youngest and most popular star of Bollywood but she truly deserves all the success she has achieved. Over the years, Alia has shown drastic changes not only in her acting skills but also in the way she looks now. She started her career in Bollywood with Karan Johar directed ‘Student of the year’. Have you seen her recent pictures where she dressed as a bridesmaid for her bestie? She is extremely fit, appealing and beautiful today. Her facial features look extremely sharp. With such a petite height, it is not easy to look so graceful and it is true that she was not like this before. Under the able guidance of her father, Mahesh Bhatt and tips from Karan Johar, she followed a strict diet and maintained a consistent fitness routine. The end result is known to all of us. Alia managed to reduce about 16 kilos before she made her first appearance onscreen. Following the success of her first film, she became more popular and eventually her mission to look more gorgeous gained momentum. Today’s Alia Bhatt and the yester year’s chubby Alia Bhatt has a sea difference.
11. Parineeti Chopra: It is not unknown to us that Parineeti Chopra is currently rocking her figure that she achieved after the massive weight loss journey. Being the cousin of Priyanka Chopra, she had immense pressure to prove herself in the industry. With her cute looks and gorgeous appeal, she mesmerized millions of people in India. Currently the heartthrob for being her gorgeous self, Parineeti didn’t look like this before. Even when she joined the industry, she was labelled fat due to extra pounds that she had gained. She looked extremely fat and chubby. We can’t deny the fact that she is from a Punjabi household and they are the biggest foodies of the country. However, her intense dedication, determination and hard work paid off great results. She is known to work extremely hard on her fitness, thereby managing to shed off the extra pounds from her body. She is an inspiration to all those who want to be fit and fine.
12. Anushka Sharma: Wife of Virat Kohli who is also one of the leading actresses of Bollywood may not have even aspired to become an actress. She sported the looks of a normal cute looking girl during her modeling days. Anushka had long straight hair, thin lips with almond-shaped eyes. But after the commercial success of her first film, “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi”, she got the ticket to fame and things changed for her completely. This cute actress has reportedly got a lip job done. Check out her before and after pictures and you can clearly spot the difference. We don’t know what other surgeries she has undergone to look perfect, but her current looks are far more glamorous.
13. Karishma Kapoor: There is not much difference in the way both the Kapoor sisters looked in their teenage years. Karishma had similar pale skin and glittery eyes similar to her younger sister. The only point of difference between them was their physique. Karishma was thinner than her younger sister. She looked very pretty in her teenage days and attracted a lot of fan following. She mostly had wavy hair during those days but after making it to Bollywood, she has experimented with her hairstyles. No doubt, she is really beautiful and classy just like her younger sister, Kareena.
14. Shilpa Shetty: It is rightly said, “Nothing is impossible”. This truly can be related to the power of makeup. Makeup if done in the right way can transform an ugly person to a diva. That being said, you must have seen the epic transformation of Shilpa Shetty. She looked so innocent in her teenager photos with bushy eyebrows and curly hair. But stardom changed everything. And in fact, we are glad to see her the way she is today. The “Shut Up and Bounce” Diva got herself a complete makeover and rocks her gorgeous self even in her 40s.
15. Sara Ali Khan: This new star kid in the Bollywood Brigade has stolen millions of hearts because of her sharp fashion sense, her bubbly and friendly nature, and easy-going demeanor. Recently, on “Koffee with Karan,” a video of hers emerged where she was her heaviest at 96 kilos when she was in America. Sara Ali Khan also refrained from wearing revealing clothes and stuck to ethnic dresses like salwar kameez before her Bollywood debut. And look at her today! With consistent workouts and dieting, she has achieved an enviable figure. Her face looks slimmer now and even the facial features look more defined. She can easily rock short dresses after this massive transformation. Her mother, Amrita Singh, couldn’t recognize her after her weight loss transformation. It was really inspiring to know that she made up her mind from switching to proteins from pizza to salads from chocolates to get those extra pounds down. We wonder if she received style and fitness tips from her step-mom Kareena Kapoor Khan.
16. Sonakshi Sinha: You would really stunned if you match the before and after pictures of this Bollywood actress. Before her blockbuster debut film in “Dabang”, she had to lose a lot of weight and look appropriate for onscreen roles. Sonkashi’s weight loss journey is totally an inspiration for all girls out there. Though, we rarely spot her doing glamorous roles, she stunned everyone in the recently-released movie “Total Dhamaal,” with her item song “Mungada! It is hard to deny how hot she looks. Her figure and charm can is truly enviable.
17. Bhumi Pednekar: This Bollywood actress made her debut as a healthy woman in “Dum Laga ke Haishah.” She had serious weight issues and ate controlled diet and did extensive workouts to achieve that slim and svelte figure post the release of the movie. She has famously declared “love your body and feed your soul properly”. Bhumi looks extremely fit and appealing now and we can’t help but appreciate her weight-loss success story. She will be a part of the Karan Johar directed big budget movie- Takht.