WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Claims : When BY TERRY created this nourishing balm back in 2003, they had no idea it would gain cult classic status so quickly. A favorite of Parisian models and Hollywood actresses, the daily essential plumps and soothes chapped lips with a blend of rose wax and other precious actives. Plus, it also works as a luxe nail treatment for dry cuticles.
Price : Rs 2,800 approx (INR)
Available in Sephora and online.
How to Use
Repair, nourish and revitalise your lips and cuticles with By Terry’s delicately scented, deeply hydrating Baume de Rose. This celebrity skincare secret has developed a cult following over the last ten years, living up to its luxurious image with a lipo-regenerating complex made from rose flower essential wax and pastel oil to boost cell renewal. The soothing and healing powers of shea butter leave lips feeling deliciously smooth, while ceramides and vitamin E help to protect and fortify this delicate area against the signs of ageing. This ultra nourishing salve also doubles as a strengthening treatment for cuticles, simply massage in and let the creamy, soothing formula work its magic.
My Experience with By Terry Baume De Rose Lip Protectant
I absolutely love to try the iconic products from various brands. I love the stories behind the products that took the brand forward. Baume De Rose by terry is one of those products. I didn’t know about a single product from By Terry but I knew about this. I picked it up from Sephora,Paris.
- The lip balm is soooooo hydrating and moisturising. It repairs dry lips. I end up having dry lips too often during these dry winter months. I have used it many times overnight and I have woken up with soft lips.
- The texture is slightly thick but it goes on evenly on lips without feeling heavy.
- It does not feel waxy or sticky. And it soaks up well in lips.
- It leaves lips soft and hydrated.
- I don’t feel the need to keep reapplying it after every few hours. May be twice or thrice a day is good enough to prevent my lips from getting dry.
- You can use it for your cuticles as well. Well, I think you can use any lip balm on cuticles. Biggest example is vaseline.
- The lip balm is pastel pink in color but upon application it goes on pretty transparent.
- It has SPF 15 so that’s an amazing plus point. It protects lips from sun damage.
- It smells of fresh rose water. And I absoooolutely love the mild rosy fragrance.
- It comes in a lovely glass pot. I am not a fan of pot jar packagings but honestly, it’s so pretty and delicate. I’d just forgive it this time. 😀
Overall, I am happy with it. If I want to splurge in a lip balm and really treat myself, I’d happily repurchase it. But I feel that there a whole lot of lip balms available in the market that would pretty much do what this does. If you are someone who probably collects lip balms or probably only wears lip balms on lips, I think you should totally treat yourself with this one. You’d love this. 🙂 This reminds me a lot of Dior Creme De Rose Lip Balm
Rating : 3.5/5
Nivea Soft Rose Lip Balm Review
Rose & Co Cherry Kiss Lip Balm Review
Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm Review
C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Lip Balm Review
Forest Essentials Kerala Lime Glaze Lip Balm Review
Clarins Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm