It’s a wonder how many of body’s natural hormones have important roles to play in the whole weight gain and weight loss process – the most notable ones are of course insulin, thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, estrogen, cortisol, and even testosterone. But the most unheard yet the most important one that affects weight and fat storage is “human growth hormone.” It’s a hormone that promotes growth and development. Human growth hormone is secreted by the pituitary gland, and plays an important role, in keeping one obese! In fact, studies have found obese individuals have extremely low amounts of this hormone. A deficiency of this essential hormone can lead to increased fat deposit (especially around the abdominal area), higher chance to develop insulin resistance, high levels of triglyceride cholesterol, and low level of HDL (good) cholesterol. The weight loss process, as we have mentioned before, involves a lot of metabolic processes and many different hormones, and gets particularly affected when there is a rise in HGH (human growth hormone). There’s another hidden benefit with this hormone – it has anti-ageing benefits too. So, you not only get to shed some extra pounds, you may even be able to prevent loose skin, jowls, and wrinkles.
What is Human Growth Hormone and it’s Link to Weight Loss?
Growth hormone (GH) is a hormone that is secreted by the pituitary gland, a small gland found in the brain. It is needed for growth and development and also essential for tissue repair, metabolism, muscle growth, and to run other important functions smoothly in daily life. It’s noteworthy that with age, the levels of human growth hormone declines, and so does metabolism, tissue repair, increases storage of fat, and lowers lean muscle mass decline. In fact, people with extremely low HGH levels have high a lot of belly fat. Studies have also found out high breakdown of stored fat and subsequent use of this stored fat to create energy. This means HGH helps accelerate the fat-burning process by a great measure. However, there’s a lot of controversy surrounding the wrong methods employed by a few people to increase HGH levels in the form of pills, injections, and powders, but the good news is that there are natural ways to boost HGH levels. But let’s find out what are the factors that lowers the levels of this very important hormone. It is essential in protein synthesis and also reduces the intake of free fatty acids into fat cells or adipocytes.
What Reduces Human Growth Hormone?
1. High blood sugar levels.
2. Increased Beta-2-adregenic receptors that are usually stimulated by stress hormones such as cortisol and decrease GH level.
3. High somatostatin level, which is actually called the “growth hormone inhibitory hormone” and as the name suggests, can inhibit the release of HGH when there is an increase in blood sugar level and protein through food.
How to Increase Human Growth Hormone Levels?
1. Completely eliminate sugar or reduce sugar intake: When insulin level spikes, it triggers rise in blood sugar levels, which lowers HGH. Cutting down on sugar will help regulate blood sugar and increase the level of this growth hormone.
2. Say no to refined carbs: Just like sugar, refined carbs pump in a lot of empty calories into the body and lead to decline in HG hormone.
3. Eat an early dinner: A carb-rich dinner, especially, will lead to insulin spike and that blocks the release of HGH. Eat an early dinner, refer to Rati Beauty Weight Loss programs for dinner schedule and recipes.
4. Exercise and get moving: Regular exercise spikes up HGH levels and helps to target body fat.
5. Correct your sleep pattern: Every body function sets into place when you have adequate sleep at night, at least 7 hours, and lesser than this time frame can disrupt bodily functions, increase the hunger and stress hormones (ghrelin
and cortisol respectively), and also HGH which is released in pulses when you sleep at night. Avoid using gadgets during bedtime, listen to soothing music, or indulge in positive thinking to sleep well at night.
6. Fasting: The process of fasting detoxifies body, improves normal functioning of body, and aids in weight loss. It also is a sureshot way to increase human growth hormone without spending a single penny and that’s because when a person is fasting, HGH surges and triggers the breakdown of stored fat to be used as energy rather than muscle or protein. Through this way, you are losing weight without actually losing out on the precious lean muscle, and reaching for the stored fat directly.
7. High-protein diet: A diet which is rich in protein sources such as dals, lentils, etc., will greatly boost HGH.