What the product/ company claims: Chambor Glitzy Gloss Intense gives you a finish made of pure solid color.
Packaging: The gloss comes packaged in a classic packaging. The tube is a see-through plastic case, which makes it easier to locate the shade in your stash of make-up. The applicator is a slanted one, which makes application easy. Also, I have noticed that on putting the applicator back into the tube, the gloss does not bleed/ run out of the tube, as is the case with many glosses that I have used in the past. This makes the gloss easy to carry in the purse.
Availability in India: Easily available at all Chambor outlets and also available online.
My experience with the product: The company claim of the product being a ‘pure solid color’ is true. It provides complete coverage to my (highly) pigmented lips, and I do not need to use a concealer on my lips underneath this product. It feels slightly sticky on application, but settles comfortably on the lips in 2-3 minutes. Thereafter, it doesn’t feel sticky.
Bare lips (above) and wearing Chambor Glitzy gloss Intense 603 (below). Note the full coverage for pigmented lips. Kindly excuse the dark corners around the mouth, I am not wearing any other make-up in this pic.
The shade is a mix of pink and brown, and it suits my olive complexion. This shade can be worn at formal occasions also. There are no glittery/ shimmery particles in this product (all products in the ‘Intense’ range are without glitter), hence this shade can be used during the day too.
Pros of Chambor Glitzy Gloss Intense
• The packaging is travel-friendly, i.e. the gloss doesn’t run out of the tube and soil the purse.
• The applicator allows easy application.
• The shade (Intense-603) is easily a day-wear color. It can be worn to colleges or offices without being too loud.
• The color payoff is good and it stays put for 3-4 hours, after which it fades lightly, though some color will still be visible on the lips. Re-application may be required after 5 hours, though.
• The formula is not drying for the lips, although its not too moisturising either. Girls with extremely dry lips may need to apply lip balm first.
• Provides complete coverage for pigmented lips.
Cons of Chambor Glitzy Gloss Intense
• Limited shade selection in this range.
• The gloss is not a moisturising gloss, so one may need to use lip-balm before using this gloss.
Will I buy this product again?: Yes, but maybe in a different shade.
IMBB rating: 4.5/5 (deducted half-mark for not being too moisturising).