WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Skin tone: Medium-light with cool pink undertones
Today’s review is going to be on one of my favorite matte lip crayons from Coloressence, called ‘HP1 Coral’ which is a lovely soft peachy shade that is not too bright or pale. Let us see how well this lovely coral crayon did.
Price: INR 450 for 3 g/0.1 oz
Shelf life: 3 years
My Experience with Coloressence High Pigment Matte Pencil – HP1 Coral:
My experience with the high pigment matte pencils from ‘Coloressence’ was an unexpectedly a good one. I underestimated the boring looking lip pencils and their performance. I am extremely flattered or least more than just happy with their performance and let us see why.
Packaging: The lip pencil has a non-fancy packaging and is a short stubby stick, which is travel-friendly. It is colored in the end. The twist-type pencil is user-friendly and does not require sharpening therefore not resulting in product wastage. The plastic seal has all the necessary information on it, which is sometimes not the case with all the products.
Color: ‘HP1 Coral’ is a creamy pinkish-peach shade that makes a great pink/peach everyday lip wear that is likely to suit a wide of skin complexions. It can be layered up with a gloss to glam it up during occasions if you like. Go with a lip balm underneath like I always specify in all my reviews and it works for all seasons and occasions. It is a very comfortable shade to work with for all Indian skin tones. You can be sure that it would not give that washed look to your face. Using a lip liner would add precision and beauty to the finish.
Texture and finish: The lip pencil weighs literally feather light when applied. It is one of the USPs of this lip pencil apart from the even stain that it leaves behind. The finish it renders is not strictly matte instantly and neither it is disappointingly creamy. It is somewhere in-between. It slowly sets to a neat matte finish and once set, it does not move around. It has a formula that is non-drying, which is great for the ones who are still getting used to matte finishes like myself.
Pigmentation and staying power: Although the lip pencil is a not a high-pigment lip wear like it claims to be, it did not personally disappoint me. I was happy with the even finish but where I felt let down was when I was constantly trying to build multiple coats of it and failed to get the output or the color I desired. It is mild even when you go around doing it but the good news is that it still does not feel heavy. My lip swatches would not look very appealing unlike the hand swatches because my lips are still acquainted to a comparatively cold weather else I am certain this lip pencil would smoothly glide more so when used with a lip balm underneath.
The mediocre or again the low staying power does not bother me much as I can see the low levels of pigmentation are directly proportional to the staying power. I am also more comfortable with natural matte finishes that do not look overly pigmented. I love how it evenly sets and stains.
I love it so much and now with a heavy heart I am passing this pretty natural pinkish peach shade to my sister. I am impressed with my product pick and so is she. On that happy note, I am summing up the pros and cons while I look forward to write my next review on ‘Nude Magic’ which I hope remains to be my pencil 😛
Pros of Coloressence High Pigment Matte Pencil – HP1 Coral:
• Packaging – Color-coded twist-type chubby lip pencil that is travel-friendly carrying all the necessary product information.
• Affordable lip pencil.
• Color – soft peach color containing right amount of pink hue that is likely to suit a wide variety of skin complexions.
• Pretty everyday pinkish peach lip color.
• Texture – smooth and non-drying that feels light on the lips.
• Offers an even finish that gives an opaque coverage.
• Offers an even light matte finish that is not dry or flaky.
• Contains Vitamin E and jojoba oil.
• Fragrance – carries a mild gulab (roses) smell that is not over the top.
• Weighs lights on your lips.
• Is a matte crayon that has a non-drying formula.
• Does not transfer or smudge a lot.
• Leaves a pretty even stained colored lip with the first drink or meal.
Cons of Coloressence High Pigment Matte Pencil – HP1 Coral:
• The only one problem that I faced with lip crayon is that is the color is not easily buildable which impacts finish.
• Not everyone would be fond of a floral scented lip crayon.
• Shades like ‘coral’ are not exactly meant for pigmented lips without the help of lip liner.
• Does not have a long-lasting staying power like it claims.
IMBB Rating: 4.8/5
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Coloressence High Pigment Matte Pencil – HP1 Coral?
Got too many coral to go in for an another chunk of the same shade, so no I would not repurchase this shade as of now 😛 I might try ‘Cinnabar’ and Seduction’ from the same range. I would recommend this everyday coral matte and if you spot it online or in stores I would say go ahead and try.
Coloressence High Pigment Matte Pencil Disco Pink HP-3 Review
Coloressence Lip Liner in Rust Review
Coloressence Lip Liner Pencil in Brown
Coloressence Lip Liner in Nude Pink and Fuschia Pink
Coloressence Lip Liner Pencil in Maroon Review
Coloressence Red Passion Waterproof Eye and Lip Liner Pencil Review