WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Are you tired of the last few pesky pounds that have been clinging on to you no matter how hard you try to shed them off? Are you daydreaming about that perfect “hourglass figure” that you have been longing for ages? But you just cannot manage the extra few minutes to add to your exercise regime amidst your jam packed daily schedules? Well, then we have some good news for you. Although there is no better alternative to sweat out those extra kilos by hitting the gym regularly or following some exercise/yoga routine to fight off those unwanted pounds and stay slim, we are here today to share with you some neat tricks that we feel might just do the trick without too much hassle. It is a well-known fact that certain flattering colours tend to render an overall slimming effect on you, while others can work the other way around and add a few pounds. So, technically, if you could deck up in the proper shade and hue, you can expectedly manage to a few of those extra kilos. In this post, we will be talking about what colours can make you look thinner. So without any further ado, let’s proceed to enlist some colours that have a slimming effect on you:
1. Black: Black, the darkest of all shades in the color spectrum, is one of the most flattering of all colours on the visible spectrum that creates the illusionary effect that the person donning a black attire appears a few pounds less than is the reality of things. As such, black is one of the most sought-after colors amongst people who wish to try this trick to give the impression of being slimmer than they really are. Other darker shades: Next on the list would be the other colors that follow black in general. Shades of navy blue, chocolate brown or dark grey. All these colors are quite prominently used to give the wearer the advantage of casting the illusionary effect of being slim. In principle, the darker the shade you wear, the slimmer the look it imparts.
2. Monochromatic shades: If you want to accentuate your height and get a slim looking appearance, wear monochromatic colors from top to bottom. This helps to create a visual vertical line that lengthens out the body and helps to camouflage areas of the body where it looks bulky.
3. Mixing it up: However, there is no need for one to stick to monochrome colors to look slim and trim. As a matter of fact, a judicious combination of dark and lighter shades can have a flattering effect on you as well, despite you being rather bodacious. Like go for alterations such as dark bottoms for a brightly hued top or vice versa. Furthermore, a bright shade of red or pink can do a lot to create the perfect impression of you looking all slim and trim.
Colours to Avoid to Look Bulky:
However on enlisting colours that one may choose to sport to create the illusion of a slimmed look, a fair disclaimer or precautionary word is prudent, that pertains to the colours from your cupboard that you mustn’t choose if you wish to look slim and fit.
- Khaki or off white: These colors are a strict no-no for they are notorious in adding a few extra pounds further to your image, so try to avoid them.
- White blouse: If you intend to conceal that you have a large breast, we would advise you not to don a white blouse that would only accentuate the feature you wish to camouflage.
- Bright colors: In general, if you are trying to hide your tummy and large chest, then avoid wearing bright-colored shirts and tees. Likewise, if you intend to conceal your bottom and legs or a wide hip, try avoiding wearing bright-colored pants. Wear bright colored outfits on places on where you want to flaunt your assets. Similar choices apply for accessories too.
Well dear readers, we hope that you shall find our representative list quite to your satisfaction. And we are confident that if you do follow that tips that we just shared you can achieve that slimmed look that you have been longing for a while with the least amount of effort.
So, tell us what you think of this piece in the comments section. And as always, stay pretty everyone!!!