Winters are around the corner and let’s admit most of us take advantage of the weather to hide extra body weight, but let’s take a oath together to get winter ready! A piece of advice for you – there are only two things you need to have, to achieve anything in life, yes almost anything – discipline and consistency. Since for most of us set “weight loss” as the target, we are going to discuss an effective ingredient that is popular as a weight-loss friendly item. India is know for its spices and thankfully, the spices that have been used for medicinal purpose around the globe, help with weight loss too. Fenugreek or methi seeds is a powerful natural weight loss ingredient. It is highly beneficial for diabetes patients as it aids in controlling blood sugar levels. Surprisingly, it curbs the appetite and keeps you full for longer. If you have tried dozens of other weight loss tricks which haven’t worked, fenugreek seeds might just be your turning point. There are so many ways to use fenugreek seeds for weight loss, let’s find out!
Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds:
Fenugreek seeds or Trigonella foenum-graecum (botanical name) belongs to the family Fabaceae, fenugreek has countless health benefits. Fenugreek seeds and its leaves are widely used across the world due to its medicinal properties. This spice is quite popular in India as methi seeds and is widely used in cooking and for medicinal purposes. Apart from weight loss, methi seeds is known for its ability to lower cholesterol levels, control diabetes, and treat various stomach disorders.
Fenugreek is packed with many beneficial vitamins and minerals such as copper, iron, protein, vitamin-B-6, magnesium, manganese, and dietary fibre. It also is rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Fenugreek seeds contain saponins and fibres in it, which is makes it so useful. These seeds are high in fibre, aid in digestion and prevent constipation. Some also use these seeds as a hair mask as they help control hair fall and promotes hair growth. Since fenugreek seeds contain vitamin C, they are believed to improve skin quality and gives a healthy glow. Summing up, fenugreek is an all-rounder natural ingredient that is not only great for weight loss, it helps with hair growth and great skin too.
How To Consume Fenugreek Seeds for Weight Loss:
1. Fenugreek tea: This is a amazing recipe and beneficial even for people who just love maintaining a good health. To make this tea:
- In a mixer, grind some fenugreek seeds and add some water to form a thick paste.
- Boil one cup water in a pan.
- Add paste into the pan.
- Add some ginger to this tea as ginger is also considered a good thermogenic ingredient that helps to burn fat. You can also add any other spices of your choice.
- Boil the tea for 5 minutes.
- Consume this concoction on empty stomach every morning.
2. Fenugreek sprouts: These seeds also aids in losing extra water from the body, reduce bloating. Consuming fenugreek sprouts also increases the nutritional value of the seeds and thereby promotes weight loss.
- Soak seeds in water for a couple of hours.
- Strain the seeds and place them on a moist clean cloth and place a heavy object over it.
- Leave it on for 2-3 nights. Once you see the roots shooting out, consume them daily on empty stomach.
3. Powdered fenugreek seeds: This is a very simple method and can be done at home in a matter of minutes (please avoid purchasing powdered fenugreek seeds from the store).
- Simply heat a pan to medium and dry roast fenugreek seeds for 2-3 minutes on a slow flame. Once the seeds have cooled down, grind them into a powder form.
- Store the powder in a jar, mix one tea spoon of powder with water. Consume this water empty stomach every morning.
4. Soaked Fenugreek Seeds: Since fenugreek seeds help you keep full, ingesting them the first thing in the morning will keep you from craving food all through the day.
- Soak about one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in filtered water overnight.
- Separate seeds from the water.
- Drink the soaked water and chew the seeds as well.
Please note that by consuming fenugreek seeds alone, you cannot lose weight. Apart from following a good healthy diet, it is important to follow a workout regime to lose weight along with calorie control. You can also try HIIT workouts and cardiovascular exercises to burn calories at a faster pace and shed weight quickly.