WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
DIOR PRO CHEEKS CRÈME BLUSH AND ROUGE DIOR LIPSTICK REVIEW
DIOR PRO CHEEKS CRÈME BLUSH
PRICE – Rs. 2,025 , QUANTITY – 6g.
Shade being reviewed : 545 Hip Peach
Other shades available : 755 Catwalk Pink, 815 Limelight, 455 Must Have Brown, and Girly Pink.
(Picture source: www.yahoo.images.com)
What Dior says about this blush :
“ A blush with a new whipped-gel sensation. With its revolutionary silicon resin system, it offers such an incredibly smooth application that it won’t upset previously applied foundation or face powder. Pro Cheeks blends so perfectly with the texture of skin that it embellishes and illuminates the complexion while giving the illusion that you’re wearing nothing at all—for hours on end.
Ultra-professional shades and application: To shape or highlight the face, professionals apply makeup with their fingertips. Pro Cheeks offers an ultra-simple application method and comes in a natural range of shades, each one a unique expression of freshness. “
(This Backstage make up blush is no longer featured on Dior’s international website, but is still very much available in India and on the net).
This blush comes in a square silver cardboard packaging. The glass container is square too, but the product is in a round built-in shape. It has a twist-to-close silver metal lid. It’s cute get-up makes it very easy to carry it in your handbag.
The creme-gel blush blends on the cheeks to a flawless finish, and it is best applied with the fingertips. This particular colour is a peachy-pinkish colour, with just a very, very microscopic amount of shimmer, and the colour is very intense – a little goes a long way. This is part of Dior’s Backstage Make Up Collection, which also features Gloss Show for the lips, amongst other Backstage make-up products. ( Gloss show for lips has the same packaging and container as this blush – review coming up soon for all those of you who, like me, love glitter). This blush appears to be fragrance-free, as there is virtually no smell at all.
This is what it looks like, just applied, not blended :
Here’s what it looks like on my left hand after blending :
PROS OF DIOR PRO CHEEKS CREME BLUSH
- It is suitable for all skin types, including oily skin, as it dries to a matte finish.
- It has not caused me any break outs.
- I find it very convenient to use, even when in a hurry, as there is no need to search for a blush brush.
- I love the flush of colour it gives, which looks completely natural.
- It’s blendability is super.
- It’s wearability is long lasting.
- I always carry it along while travelling due to its cute size.
- We here in India are lucky as it’s still available here.
CONS OF DIOR PRO CHEEKS CRÈME BLUSH
- You always have to have clean fingers while applying this, in order to avoid contamination.
- There may be a very slight chance of the glass container breaking while your handbag or make up pouch is being roughed around while travelling, but considering the sturdyness of the same, I don’t think it will pose such a problem (I have never experienced this though, while travelling.
- Cant think of any other cons.
On a scale of 1 to 5, I would give it :-*:-*:-*:-*:-* .
I would definitely like to re-purchase this blush in other colours, like Catwalk Pink, and Girly Pink.
ROUGE DIOR LIPSTICK
PRICE – Rs. 1,780.
35 Shades available.
69 Shades are shown on the Dior international website.
What Dior states on their website :
“ Devastating feminity, high glamour and Haute Couture come together in Rouge Dior, the bestselling lipstick whose unrivalled formula elevates it to silver-screen standards. The last word for lips that are ultra-luminous, marvelously ripe, perfectly smooth and drenched with moisture. Beautiful, flawless and timelessly chic. “
Shade being reviewed : PRUNE PELLICULE/PLUM PLOT NO. 976
This shade is a reddish-light maroon, with a frosty finish.
- I love this lipstick for its full coverage and intense colour pay-off.
- I love the smell – its not the typical “lipstick” smell, its kind of different, with a lovely fragrance.
- I love the wide selection range.
- It stays a good while on the lips and doesn’t feather.
- This particular shade will look good on anyone, especially Indian brides.
- None, whatsoever.
WILL I RE-PURCHASE THIS LIPSTICK
Definitely, once this shade is finished, and, in other shades and finishes as well.
MY RATING : :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*