I earlier got a quad from Faces which I really loved. That was more of a Smokey eye palette, while this is more of a festive one. I saw this online and it had those beautiful sparkling colours, so I got it to try out these shades. See how it looks on me!
Price: Rs 599
Product description by Faces:
• The New Faces Glam On Eye Shadow is a palette of 4 eye shadows, in soft shimmers, offers a range of looks in the season’s hottest shades. Highlight, contour and accentuate eyes with high-pigment powder shadows. It is a long wearing eye shadow with lightweight creamy touch with excellent blending.
• A palette of 4 eye shadows, in soft shimmers, offers a range of looks in the season’s hottest shades. Highlight, contour and accentuate eyes with high-pigment powder shadows.
• High performance eye shadow in 4 complementing, beautiful & bright shades A high-style mix of shades to inspire creative blending, highlighting and color accenting. Eye shadow lays a veil of color on top of the eye lid without settling into lines and creases.
My Experience with Faces Glam On Color Perfect Eyeshadow 01 Captivate
Packaging: The Faces captivate eyeshadow quad comes in a circular compact container, in a basic black colour. The container has a mirror and a dual-ended brush too, so it can totally be an on-the-go palette. It closes with a click, so no scope of getting opened when carried along in a bag or a clutch. There are 4 quads from this range but the other palettes had very bright shades like blue, pink and orange which I would never apply in daily life. This palette looked very neutral and great for occasions. The price is also very affordable for the kind of shades and quality they provide.
Shades: “Captivate” quad contains 4 very beautiful shades, which are really apt for the festive season. It contains one brown, which is the darkest one yet not really dark like the ones that are there in the smoky eye palette. It is a nice shimmery brown, which can be used on the outer V. Then there is one warm gold shade which looks beautiful on its own and also with the other shades. Then the third one is a coppery brown shade, which is the most wearable one.And the fourth one is the prettiest rose gold shade ever.
Texture and pigmentation: The texture is smooth but it does cause some fall out while application. The shades are nicely pigmented and the metallic base makes it look even better. A perfect festive eye look can be created with this. It is a basic palette and will create a basic wearable look and not like the models on instagram or magazines.
Staying power: The eye looks stays put 6-7 hours, which is incredible at the price we pay. It will stay even more with a primer. Hence I feel this is a very good palette to try if you are a beginner and want to start with some safe and commonly wearable shades. They do not irritate the eyes and come off easily as well.
Pros of Faces Glam On Color Perfect Eyeshadow 01 Captivate:
• Compact packaging which closes with a click hence travel-friendly.
• Affordable as compared to other good quality quads.
• Comes with a mirror and a dual-sided brush.
• Very pretty and beautiful shimmery festive shades.
• Pretty shades in gold and brown tones which are apt for all skin-tones.
• A great quad for festive season and weddings.
• Powder is not chalky or gritty.
• The pigmentation is buildable and glides smoothly on my eyes.
• The shades do not merge a lot with each other and we can notice each and every shade.
• It lasts on my eyes for the entire day precisely for 6-7 hours.
Cons of Faces Glam On Color Perfect Eyeshadow 01 Captivate:
• The brown shades are somewhat similar.
• Little fall-out in the pan.
IMBB Rating: 4.5/5
Will I Repurchase/Recommend Faces Glam On Color Perfect Eyeshadow 01 Captivate?
Yes, surely especially for this season. The shades are beautiful and this is a really good palette if you are a beginner.
The range all together is okay because it has some weird shades which no one would actually wear. The only two palettes that are pretty wearable are already reviewed by me. I wish they had more neutral shades.
Faces Ultime Pro Eyeshadow Crayon Uptown Girl
Faces Ultime Pro Night Fever Eyeshadow Crayon
Faces Ultime Pro Staying Alive Eyeshadow Crayon
Faces Ultime Pro Eyeshadow Crayon Last Christmas
Faces Ultime Pro Illuminating Powder
Faces Ultime Pro She’s Got D Look Eyeshadow Crayon