Yeast infection is an infection of the skin that’s caused by a fungus called candida albicans, most commonly in vagina. Vaginal yeast infection is characterized by irritation, excessive itching, discharge of the skin. Candida albicans is a type of fungus which is found in small amount in the mouth, vagina, digestive tract, and on the skin. Most of the times, it does not cause any infection. Candida and the other type of bacteria that usually live in the vagina usually keep each other in balance. Sometimes, there’s an excessive growth in Candida albicans which leads to yeast infection. In this post, we are going to talk about Fastest Way to Get Rid of Yeast Infection. Most women suffer at least one bout of vaginal yeast infection at some point in their life.
Symptoms of Yeast Infection:
- Itching and irritation in the vagina and vulva area.
- Redness and swelling of the vulva.
- A burning sensation during a intercourse or while urinating.
- Vaginal pain and soreness.
- Vaginal rash.
- Watery vaginal discharge.
- Thick, white vaginal discharge with cottage cheese appearance.
How To Prevent Yeast Infection:
- To reduce your risk of vaginal yeast infections, wear undergarments made from cotton fabric only, and completely avoid tight panties.
- Avoid tight-fitting pantyhose.
- Scented feminine products like vaginal wash, bubble bath, pads.
- Harsh soaps.
- Use pads, not tampons.
- Eating one cup of yogurt will help.
- Keep the genital are clean and dry.
- Avoid unnecessary antibiotic use, for colds or other viral infections.
- Staying in wet or sweaty clothes for long period of time such as swimsuits and workout attire.
In any kind of an infection, including yeast infection, consult your doctor. Usually, anti-fungal creams and pills are prescribed to clear yeast infection quickly.
Natural Ways To Treat Yeast Infection:
- Consume a cup of greek yogurt or a bowl of curd daily.
- Start on a probiotic drink.
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil in one tsp of coconut oil, mix well, and apply on to the itchy and irritated areas. Leave overnight and wash off in the morning.
- You can also apply yogurt which is a rich source of probiotics to the vaginal area.
- Coconut oil can be used in combination with oregano oil on the vaginal area to fight yeast infection.
How To Get Rid of Yeast Infection Fast?
The fastest way to get rid of infection is by consulting a doctor who would prescribe you anti-fungal medications and anti-fungal creams. When using anti-fungal creams, do follow the instructions written on the label. You will need to apply the cream for up to 7 days, depending on which cream you buy. Do not stop using these medicines early just because your symptoms are getting better, as there are chances that that the infection might recur.
Hope this article answers all your questions and gives you relief! Spread the word to help a friend! Keep reading!