Contrary to popular belief, countless crunches and endless sit-ups would not melt away belly fat, the fork and spoon in your hands can determine the size of your waist. Though crunches and ab exercises do help, diet plays a much larger role, to the extent that experts say, “you cannot out-train a bad diet.” It’s a fact that certain foods can get stored as excess fat around the waist, sugar for example, builds up belly fat. And we all are eating way too much added sugar as a part of our diet, from biscuits, to muffins, baked goodies, to fruit juices to sugary drinks; sedentary lifestyle and leading stressful lives add to the woes and layers. As a first line of action, eliminating added sugar can set the ball rolling. However, as mentioned earlier, adding certain foods to the daily diet can turn the tides in the weight loss game, particularly with regards to losing inches off the waist. Now, here’s how to get a smaller waist with food and making changes to the diet.
1. Healthy Fats Melt Belly Fat: The healthy fats found in avocado, olive oil, nuts, fish like salmon, reduce inflammation, boost metabolism, keeps one fuller for longer, and ensures the fat-burning process is actively torching up fat in the body.
2. Amp up Protein Intake: Most of us remember to count calories consumed through the day, but forget to give protein its due importance. Studies have shown that increasing protein intake helps reduce belly fat. Eggs, fish, chicken, lentils, chickpeas, tofu, cottage cheese, chia seeds (fat and protein) are all good sources of protein that help to shed overall weight.
3. Cover Half Plate with Green Leafy Vegetables: Nobody ever gained weight eating too much spinach! We all know by now that calorie deficit is essential for the body to get into a fat-burning mode and the easiest way to do, is by including large portions of green leafy veggies. Low on calories, high on nutrition, it’s an effective way to feel fuller with low number of calories. Also read: “6 Lunch Tweaks That Will Maximize Weight Loss Results.”
4. Change your Cooking Oil: Switching the cooking oil from highly inflammatory cooking oils (vegetable oils with transfat, canola oil, soybean, cottonseed oils that promote weight loss with extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil with healthy fats actually is a great leap to take towards losing weight.
5. Include Vitamin D Rich Foods: Experts have found a strong link between vitamin D deficiency and belly fat. Apart from getting your daily dose of sunshine, make sure to include vitamin D rich food in your diet. Mushrooms, egg yolk, fish oil, cheese can get you a good dose of vitamin D.
6. Eat your Beans: Beans like black beans, red beans, etc., are good sources of soluble fiber and protein, the combination of which can target excess fat in the body.
7. Go Higher with Calcium Intake: Just like vitamin D, calcium is effective at burning belly fat. Extra calcium suppresses the compound calcitriol, which triggers breakdown of fat in the body. Calcium not only helps you build strong bones, it boosts the fat-burning process. Milk, cheese, yogurt are good dairy sources of calcium, but for vegan and lactose intolerant, chia seeds, almonds, tofu, sweet potato, dark leafy greens provide a good amount of calcium.
Summing up, it’s essential to remain in a calorie deficit and lose overall weight, because spot reducing fat from just the belly area is a myth. It’s not necessary to starve to lose weight, you have to eat the right kind of food, here’s a weight loss diet that actually works and does not leave you hungry – Rati Beauty Diethttps://ratibeauty.com is more than a weight loss diet, it offers lifestyle tips, keeps you motivated, encourages you to eat healthy, so that you can shed weight, get lean and fit without crash dieting.