If you gotta lose weight, you gotta eat right, and say “no” to processed food and pick healthy food instead. Exercise alone would not bring a transformation if the diet is not on track. In fact, to lose weight successfully, you have to pick a diet such as Rati Beauty that helps you lose weight by starting you on meal plans with the healthiest foods that actually help burn extra fat. Healthy eating should not be restrictive or too rigid, else it cannot be sustainable or made into a habit. Clean eating should be incorporated as a routine, not a short-term project. Also, healthy eating is not about bland food anymore; with Rati Beauty weight loss diets, food is delicious and indulging. So, here’s a list of 12 healthiest foods to eat regularly to boost weight loss.
1. Lentils: Indian lentils like kidney beans, black beans, masoor dal, moong dal, toor dal are all high in protein and iron content. A cup of cooked dal help boost metabolism, controls diabetes, helps in optimal brain functioning, aids in weight management, and helps maintain optimal blood pressure.
2. Flaxseeds: It has very high fibre content and also beneficial in a number of ways. Adding flax seed powder to your diet makes you feel fuller, longer. The fibre properties also make flax seed powder a good laxative. Once laxatives take effect and elimination occurs it aids in weight loss. Flax seed is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids which our body can’t produce on its own. More than 50 per cent of that fat is essential fatty acids or omega-3 fatty acids, making flax seed the highest plant source of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Olive oil: Pure, extra virgin olive oil is not only a light and delicate addition to many wonderful dishes, it is one of the most health-promoting types of oils available. Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fat, a type of fat that researchers are discovering has excellent health benefits.
4. Fruits and vegetables that are brightly hued: Fruits and veggies that are brightly hued such as carrots, tomatoes, brinjal, pomegranate, strawberries, oranges, spinach etc are high in essential nutrients and phytonutrients. These phytonutrients are beneficial for eye health, cancer prevention, wound healing and gum health. These fruits and vegetables are also good sources of lycopene and ellagic acid. Naturally red and blue foods may reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease. Naturally orange and yellow hued fruits and veggies contain the phytonutrients alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, hesperitin, and beta-cryptoxanthin, and are associated with eye, skin and cardiovascular health.
4. Antioxidants from various sources: Antioxidants are found abundant in beans, grain products, fruits and vegetables and in the easiest form as green tea! They are substances or nutrients in our foods which can prevent or slow the oxidative damage to our body. When our body cells use oxygen, they naturally produce free radicals (by-products) which can cause damage. Antioxidants act as “free radical scavengers” and hence prevent and repair damage done by these free radicals 5. Beans and Sprouts: Beans and grains are a time-honored way to get plenty of protein with low fat, high fiber and no cholesterol. Beans, such as Kidney beans,(also called double beans), Red Kidney beans(Rajma),Black beans, are naturally low in total fat, contain no saturated fat or cholesterol, and provide important nutrients such as fiber, protein, calcium, iron, folic acid and potassium. Diet Including beans may reduce your risk of heart disease and certain cancers. Green Mung beans, when included in your diet also helps in growth of luscious hair and beautiful skin.
6. Eggs: Do we even need to go into details about the amazing benefits of eggs? In one egg, there are just about 75 calories with up to 7 gm of protein, 5 gm of fat, 1.6 gm of fat and a host of other minerals, vitamins, lutein, carotenoids, etc. If you are eating just two eggs each day, don’t skip on the egg yolk, they pack the most punch.
7. Rolled oats: Rolled oats are different than normal oats in the way that they are steamed and flattened out. Rolled oats is good for everyone including for people who are trying to shed some weight, want to manage sugar levels, and lower risk of heart disease. Rolled oats is rich in nutrients and antioxidants and there is no reason not to include it into your diet.
8. Quinoa or bathua: Quinoa is the most preferred grain among people on a strict diet and trying to lose weight. It is rich in vitamin B, E, protein, fiber, as well as minerals like calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, potassium, and selenium. It also has antioxidants and boosts metabolism, also has low glycemic index.
9. Makhana: Makhana is a healthy snack. Makhana or puffed up lotus seeds, are low in calories and are a good source of protein. Makhanas are also rich in iron and you can dry roast them without any oil with a sprinkling of pepper powder to help with weight loss.
10. Ghee: Clarified butter or ghee is gaining huge popularity the world over because of the amazing benefits it provides to the human body including increasing immunity, keeping digestive system on track, cleansing the liver. It is also a great food item if you want to lose weight because it boosts metabolism up to a great degree. Just two tsp each day is just about enough to reap all benefits that it claims.
11. Leafy green vegetables: All leafy green vegetables are high in iron and essential nutrients. Rich in vitamins and minerals are also extensively found in all leafy greens. Also, they are incredibly filling, so you won’t feel hungry for a long, long time. Read about “14 Best Leafy Green Vegetables to Boost Weight Loss.”
12. A true superfood indeed! What’s more, chia seeds are considered an excellent food option for those who are trying to lose weight. Not only do chia seeds have you covered nutritionally, the high fibre content keeps you full for long hours and helps you eat a better diet, which in turn helps with weight loss. Also, the high-protein content boosts the whole fat-burning process. Read about “15 Ways to Lose Weight with Chia Seeds” in this post.
Apart from the above 12 diet foods, make sure to include a good serving of greens on a daily basis and don’t forget those glasses of water you have to guzzle down.