When the skin starts to slow down the production of collagen and elastin from the late 20s, our skin begins to sag and lose its suppleness. Often the first place to show signs of ageing are our hands and neck! But it’s just not the years that add to premature ageing and sagging skin, following crash diets, certain illnesses, rapid weight loss, poor sleep, and bad skin care habits play an equally important role. But don’t fret, with good care, it’s possible to tighten loose skin and reduce the visible signs of ageing to a good extent, particularly around the neck area.
6 Home Remedies To Tighten Sagging Skin:
1. Take a whole cucumber and slice it up thinly. Mash it up a little and mix with a half a cup of yoghurt. Apply onto the face and neck by gently massaging it into your skin in circular movements.
2. Take a juice of small cucumber, mix it with one spoon of powder milk and one egg white. Apply over face and neck for twenty minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Ideal to firm loose skin and tighten neck skin.
3. Take a little coconut oil and warm it up. Massage gently onto the neck and beneath the eyes before going to bed. This will aid in firming up skin naturally.
4. Wheatgerm oil has abundant vitamin E content and helps to tighten and firm up skin. Before hitting the bed, massage wheatgerm oil in an upwards direction on the neck area and leave it overnight, and let the tightening properties of wheatgerm oil work its magic on the skin.
5. Mash a few strawberries and apply the pulp onto your face and neck. Rinse off after about 15-20 minutes. The massage will also tighten up and firm the skin.
6. Extract fresh juice from a few pices of pineapple and mix it with one spoon of powder milk until consistent. Apply over the skin for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
Exercises To Tighten Skin Around the Neck Area:
Regular exercise of the neck not only relieves tension and strain, but helps tone muscles and increase circulation. Mentioned below are some easy exercises that will help you to keep your neck well toned.
• Sit or stand comfortably. Lean your head backwards, and then press your tongue to the inner upper part of your mouth. When you feel the muscles tighten, bring your chin downward to your neck then upward. Repeat the procedure up to ten times each day.
• Lie down on your bed, eyes facing the ceiling. Allow the head to hang down over the edge of the bed. Slowly, lift the head upward until the chin is level with your chest. Hold for a count of five and then slowly lower. Repeat this exercise between five and 10 times.
• Sit upright and tilt your head back looking at the ceiling. Keep your lips closed. Now, move your lower lip over your top lip as far as possible. Remain in this position till you count 5. Relax and repeat it 5 times.
• Sit upright and tilt your head back looking at the ceiling. Remember to keep your lips closed. Now, stick your tongue out and try to touch your chin with its tip. Stay in this position for few seconds and then return to normal position.
Apart from following these tips always remember to moisturize your neck every day. As it will help to keep your skin cells healthy, hydrated and plump.