Calorie deficit is the key factor that pushes the body to reach out to its stored fat and burn away extra layers as a source of fuel to run all its functions smoothly. Therefore, it is absolutely necessary to burn more calories than one consumes to lose weight and trim the waistline. However, it’s not necessary to spend hours together in the gym to torch calories when you can melt away those love handles doing some basic household chores. Working out in the gym or at home for just one hour and then spending rest of the day eating unhealthy food and leading a sedentary lifestyle, glued to the work desk and chair, will lead to weight gain rather than weight loss. If you are wondering how to devise a method to continue burning calories through the day, along with following the right kind of weight loss diet which provides ample nutrition, just like Rati Beauty diet programs, here’s what you can do – just do some household chores! These household chores come under NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) and is the amount of energy we use for everything in our daily life, barring sleeping and exercising. Using the stairs instead of the lift, squatting on the floor to lift something up, walking while talking on the phone – every activity we do while being on our feet, comes under NEAT, and the same applies for household chores. All these activities help to burn tiny amount of calories through the day, and when they add up, you have torched up a significant amount and are now on your way to drop excess weight pretty soon. Certain studies have established that one can burn up to 150 calories in one hour by doing household chores and NEAT activities! The idea is to be active through the day to put this unique fat loss method to use. By starting on a healthy weight diet such as on Rati Beauty and doing just household chores can help you drop one kg per week, and that too without hitting the gym or doing intense activity, but do remember that each activity should be done for a minimum of 30 minutes, in order to see a remarkable difference. So, here’s the list:
1. Dusting/Sweeping/Vacuuming: Sweeping the floor and dusting require you to be on your feet for a good amount of time, ditto for vacuuming. Additionally, while sweeping and vacuuming, you have a chance to slim and tone up those arms!
2. Doing Laundry: No, you don’t have to grab the detergent soap right now, instead the process of collecting the laundry, putting it in the washing machine, drying all of them out, ironing and folding them out would help burn a whole lot of calories.
3. Cooking: You can consume up to 150 calories in one hour through the whole cooking process – chopping the veggies and cooking them up for your meal involved.
4. Walking the Dog: Got a pet? Take it out for a walk because you can burn up to 250 calories per hour, along with spending time with the pet that would help in lowering the stress hormone (cortisol) and also improve the mood by boosting the release of oxytocin, which is a feel-good hormone.
5. Gardening: This is a hobby everyone should pursue irrespective of whether one is trying to lose weight or not. Growing plants, watering them, pulling out weeds, etc., is not only good for your weight loss, it’s good for the environment too.
6. Mopping: This household activity burns the most amount of calories and all that bending and mopping action works out all your big muscle groups.
7. Rearranging House: It’s a good idea to rearrange the house once in a while, shifting furniture from one room to the other, and also rearranging the kitchen – a task where you are definitely going to break a sweat.
8. Making Bathrooms Germ-Free: Scrubbing the floor, clearing out the vanity, polishing the mirrors, disinfecting the bathroom will burn a lot more calories than peddling away a stationary bike in the gym.
9. Washing the Dishes: This should have been right up there on top of this list! If you are not washing the dishes, you are missing out on some real chance to slim down.
10. Mowing Lawn: If you have a lawn to mow, scalp down the grass to lose weight.
11. Washing Car: You would look forward to washing the car next time around because it helps shave off up to 200 calories.
12. Rearrange the Kitchen: Since weight loss starts from the kitchen, it would be a good idea to get rid of junk and processed food, and also rearrange it every week (helps to burn a good deal of calories as well).
So, what are you waiting for, pick the mop and burn away the calories!
How To Burn Calories with Non-exercise Activity Thermogenesis
10 Things Fit People Do To Stay in Shape