Hi All, Please Welcome Shilpa as our twentieth contestant in our Win a $200 Saree contest. Please vote for Shilpa by using, Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon, or Digg buttons given below her entry.
1. First is a Yellow Saree which my mom gifted me in my beta’s Yagyopavit Ceremony 4 years back. Its a Mango coloured Chiffon Saree with heavy antique-ish silver work. I kept the blouse simple as saree is pretty heavy & was supposed to worn in a religious ceremony. Teamed it with white silver & pearl set & silver traditional clutch. These are the clicks when I wore it again for the Diwali Ceremony…You Likey ?! 🙂
2. Second is a Magenta Saree with tissue applique which is 20 yrs old (gasp..!!!) I wore it last Diwali with contemporary (read ‘revealing’ :P) shimmer blouse. Hope you like the combo & my saree preservation skills..:P *quick jump to bragging mode*
3. Another one
4. A Beige Lehenga..is havign a heavy choli with strings on back,satin lehenga & chunni. I wore it with dark brown kundan set & matching bangles
for the Navratri.
5. Ethnic Chaniya choli..Yellow chiffon wrinkled skirt teamed with ethnic top (wore black tee beneath it to combat cold :D) & black butti odhani.
Completed the look with loads of chunky oxidised silver jewellary..!!!
6. Green Lehenga is a festive one..I generally wear it in garbas prior to weddings. Heavily embroidered one..but I din’t like its green blouse so used
that fabric in making Anarkali Suit & got tissue blouse done for this lehenga..!!
7. A fusion kinda attire. I have teamed a Mgenta Brocade top with the brown satin trousers & brownish black tissue chunni. Sounds strange but
din’t look like that..trust me..:)
8. Anarkali Suit designed by Yours Truely (:P) Bodice is made by blouse piece of Jaamewar Saree which was lying unused since ages & which inspired me for this suit. Made it highlight of the ensemble & kept the rest subtle. Liked it ?!
9. This is one of my most favourite saree due to its bright-yet-not-jazzy look. Pure silk yellow with maroonish red heavy palloo & to give it a full justice drapped it in apna own gujju style. As I got dressed up for my peroformance as gujju lady..completed the look with traditional Kundan Jewellary including Maang Teeka,loadsa bangles & Henna Tatto. Hope all you lovely babes like my this avataar..:)
Vote For Shilpa Now To Make Her Win!