By Shelly Francis
There are so many websites giving tips on weight loss but weight loss is not perfect always and it takes time. For some, it takes a long time and for some, it is pretty fast. But, we all hustle for results. The whole idea is to pull yourself up every time when you give up and get going towards your destination. We’ve come up with 11 impressive weight loss tips that are actually doable and can provide you the result you are looking for. Keep reading.
1. Don’t Do that Detox Cleanse:
The Internet is filled with detox cleanse schemes and I have to admit that they can be very tempting. But, let me break your heart by telling that they are very unhealthy and can harm your body. The company tempts us by labeling appealing statements like 7 days cleanse or 30 days cleanse and you’ll magically turn into a thinner and attractive person. Do you really think that it is possible? The best form of cleansing your body is by consuming healthy foods regularly and drinking homemade detox water like lemon water, apple-cinnamon water, strawberry water or simply drink 2-3 liters of water to cleanse your system. Avoid spending your money on products that can be harmful to the body.
2. Add Detox Tea in Your Morning Ritual:
Detox tea keeps you hydrated and flushes out the toxins. It is also a very effective way to lose weight and it is a staple for most supermodels. Below are a few recipes:
● Fruit Infused Green Tea: Just make a large cup of green tea and add some fruit slices of your choice like orange, strawberry, apple. Add a few drops of stevia to enhance the taste. Cool the beverage in the refrigerator and add some mint leaves and enjoy! You can make it in a large batch and consume throughout the day.
● Lemon Ginger Detox Tea: Simply boil some water with a small piece of ginger. After pouring it in a cup add one whole lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric. To enhance the flavor, add organic honey or stevia. Drink this tea in an empty stomach in the morning to burn those calories! This tea is highly beneficial for eliminating gas and bloating issues.
● Apple Cider Vinegar: This drink is preferred by many celebrities. Shilpa Shetty Kundra also admitted in an interview that she consumed ACV every morning to keep her waist tiny. Simply add one or two tablespoons of ACV in a large coffee cup and add lukewarm water. Now, add a pinch of cayenne pepper as this spice is quite popular when it comes to weight loss. It boosts metabolism and helps you burn calories every day. Add stevia for sweetness. Consume every morning in empty stomach.
3. Add Strength Training:
People often underestimate the power of strength training but trust my words as this is the best way to lose weight and to increase your strength (I lost my baby weight with cardio and strength training). It improves your energy levels, improves posture, improves metabolism, increases strength and makes you lose some decent weight! There are so many benefits, and it wont make you look manly or bulky. You can do 4 days of strength training in a week targeting all muscle group.
4. Add One Healthy Meal in your Diet:
Addicted to Indian traditional food, commit yourself in adding at least one healthy meal in your diet. It can be either breakfast or lunch or dinner. The healthy meal can be grilled chicken and salad, fruit salad, green smoothie, oatmeal, sautéd veggies or any other healthy food of your choice. Changing the entire menu suddenly can be difficult to adapt, instead, take it slow and change one meal and later on you can change it two and three!
5. Start Slow:
Haven’t been to the gym from a while? Planning to start again? Make sure you take things slow. I know that you’ve been really dedicated to hit the gym and get a decent workout but getting into an intense workout after so many days is strictly not advised. According to fitness experts, whenever you start exercising after a gap, start light with cardio or light strength training as this way you won’t wake up feeling extremely sore. You can gradually come back to the level you were before.
6. Make Reliable Goals:
The goal which says “I’m not going to eat anything unhealthy from today for the next 60 days” is not reliable. stick to a goal which you know you can do, avoid punishing yourself or making goals which are hard to achieve. Instead, make a goal of not consuming anything unhealthy for the next 10 days. I think that most of us can survive without our favorite food for 10 days. Reward yourself with your favorite meal on the 11th day. Start the process again.
7. Treat Yourself
You’ve been following your diet and getting your workouts done, excellent! But is that it? You need to treat your soul! Eat what makes you happy every 10-15 days. This will also help you to keep yourself motivated! You can enjoy a cheat day with your partner or friends. This is also a stress buster!
8. Make Water your Favourite Beverage:
Swap at least one sugary drink with water and you’ll save yourself from those unwanted calories. Slowly remove all sorts of packaged drinks from your diet and replace it with water! Your tummy will stick in, your digestion will be better and you’ll feel much much better. Not to mention, the skin will also look better.
9. Make Friends with Similar Goals:
Find a community with similar goals and crush them together. Find a workout partner or a gym partner to enjoy your fitness routines. Having like-minded people around as it will keep you focused and determined.
10. Get a New Fitness Attire:
Buy a new pair of clothes or new kicks to keep you stylish as it will also make you hit the gym. Someone has rightly said “if you dress the part, you’ll feel the part”
11. Google Some Yummy Healthy Recipes:
Eating healthy food can be boring, but YouTube is filled with healthy meals recipes which are tasty! Try a new recipe every week to enjoy your healthy diet. Subscribe to a healthy meal channel to keep your taste buds happy!
Hope the above tips help you achieve your dream body! Keep grinding!