I have been following IMBB for over two months now and from what I could gather, Lotus Herbals cosmetics are not an easy find unlike their skincare range. So I was in no mood to put in the extra effort of hunting it down despite the list of outlet locations put up on IMBB. However, on a chance visit to my aunt’s, who has a mall for her neighbour (I am planning to move in with her 😛 ), I stumbled upon Lotus Herbals on a random wander trip.
If only malls had some provision for providing beds so that one could easily eat, shop, sleep and thus live, life would be so much easier, don’t you think? 😛 Besides, it would spare us the need to exercise or watch our diet given the long languorous daily walks inside the mall 😀 So much for idealistic dreams that never materialise 🙁 Getting back to ground reality, here is my experience with Lotus Glosses:
I have been using the shade ‘Hazlenut Sheen’ on bare exfoliated lips almost daily for about a month now. The gloss is indeed non-sticky as the company claims. It has very slight silvery shimmer to it and the scent reminds me of some floral talc (Pond’s Dreamflower??!!). But the smell diminishes in about half an hour or so. It keep my lips moisturised (I do have dry lips though not chapped) and glides on smooth and even. Because of its lovely texture, I mostly forget I have applied anything on my lips and have ended up taking long afternoon naps without removing it from my lips 😀
(Top, Bottom)Doe-foot-sponge-tip applicator and my lips in Hazlenut Sheen
What it claims: Non-sticky formula enriched with botanical extracts of grape and jojoba, the gloss makes lips soft and supple for long. Can be used as a top coat without affecting lip colour.
Ingredients:Jojoba helps promote healing of the skin. Its antimicrobial properties in addition to the chemical composition that closely resembles skin’s natural sebum, makes it easy to absorb and non-allergic even in the most sensitive individuals.
Price and Quantity: Rs. 199 for 5ml
Total Shades: 10 (Ice Cube, Berry Smoothie, Candy Floss, Mocha Spice, Precious Peach, Cranberry Punch, Golden Mango, Jamoon, Berry Blush, Hazlenut Sheen).
(L-R) 1st row: Ice Cube, Berry Smoothie, Mocha Spice, Precious Peach, Cranberry Punch
(L-R) 2nd row: Golden Glow, Jamoon
What I like about these glosses:
- The price—who wouldn’t want to purchase a gloss with natural moisturising ingredients for Rs. 199 in this winter?
- The texture—doesn’t weigh your lips down like some glosses or settle in your fine lines even after hour.s
- The lighter shades in this range work beautifully when used as a top coat to tone down dark lipsticks (particularly reds and maroons) and can be worn on their own since they are decently pigmented.
- Imparts a natural sheen to your lips as opposed to a fake mirror shine. Since I am not a gloss person, this winter I was looking for a gloss which had some natural ingredients, hydrated my lips and gave them a natural and healthy sheen without looking over the top. This range fits the bill to the T.
- Very fine and slight shimmer particles which get distributed very evenly on both your upper and lower lip. I am mentioning this because I remember having purchased glosses whose shimmer particles used to get concentrated in only select spots on my lips the moment I applied the brush to my lip . 🙁
- Moreover, my lips feel no sensation of grit from the shimmer.
- It does not bleed even when applied without a lipliner.
- Stays put for a good 5 hours or even more on my lips without a meal. Actually remains on my lips until I remove it myself so haven’t really tried if it can go beyond five hours.
(L-R) 1st row: Precious Peach, Jamoon, Hazlenut Sheen, Mocha Spice, Berry Blush, Candy Floss
(L-R) 2nd row: Cranberry Punch, Golden Glow
What I don’t like much about these:
- The plastic cap though sturdy enough to prevent any leakage or breakage appears to be of not-so-superior quality. I prefer the shiny metallic caps of Maybelline Color Sensationals.
- Being a herbal brand, I would have preferred the glosses to be fragrance-free.
- Very limited shades
- Even though these glosses stay put for a good couple of hours, they kind of “set” on your lips within the first 15 minutes of application. In short, they seem more of a lipstick-cum-gloss on my lips. For me gloss=wet look. Since the wet look vanishes and the gloss almost transforms into a lipstick, it only further reminds me that I have too many lipsticks already and no glosses . 🙁
- Not easily available even though Lotus Herbals seems to be fast expanding its base. Besides, testers of all the shades never seem to be available at one outlet simultaneously. I visited 2 out of their outlets and whereas the first one had eight testers, the second one had seven. Even when it comes to testers/fresh pieces of lipsticks and eye pencils, they seem to have serious stocking problems.
Verdict: A steal at Rs. 199. Even though there are many glosses in the market, try at least one of these.
Will I purchase these again? : I wouldn’t mind but barring two or three shades, I don’t find the rest appealing enough. Besides, both the fragrance and the short span of the ‘wet look’ are features which do not agree with me. If these things do not irk you much, gladly go ahead and you would not regret buying these !
This particular store from where I made my purchase was giving out complimentary gifts to every customer on a purchase of Rs. 500+ and I got this cute dibbi. If I open the lid, it doesn’t close and if I close the lid, it doesn’t open:P So now I keep it half-open and half-closed 😛
Rating : :-* :-* :-*
Have you used Lotus Herbals Lip Gloss? Please rate in the box below.
Lotus Herbals Pure Color Lipstick Review- Pink Blush, Peach Creme
Lotus Herbals Floral Glam Lipstick Photos and Swatches
Lotus Herbals Lip Colour Review–Rose Wood & Perky Peach
59 thoughts on “Lotus Herbals Seduction Botanical Tinted Lip Gloss Review”
:woot: :woot: Meee tooo louuuing Hazelnut sheeeeeen Natasha!! :waytogo: :waytogo: :D..Pitty, I’ve not found these cosmetics anywhere near my area!! :teeth: :-/ :-/ :-/
where do u live cali?
Bangalore!! :toothygrin: :toothygrin: You too from bangalore kya? ?:) ?:) ?:)
cali, i live in delhi. but i want to see bangalore :))
Coooooool..come come come….bring Rati also with you!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
yeah sure cali. guess all sorts of crazy ppl inhabit bangalore :toothygrin:
:violinbash: :violinbash: :violinbash: :violinbash: :violinbash:
cali, of course u must understand that i meant it as a compliment :vampire:
I’ve never actually bought these, but they seem to be good quality. I’ve used lotus beauty products, but I must try lotus cosmetics. Nice review btw. And which nail polish are you wearing? It’s a lovely colour.
nail paint is magic mauve by street wear- same as in last review pookhie 🙂
he he..I have the same color from streetwear..when I saw the pics..I was guessing, it might be same…now you confirmed!!! :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :handshake: :drunk: :drunk:
even i was gonna ask dat..loved d nail paint too..
I loved those pink colours…. 😉
I am loouuing the berry smoothie. I loouu Lotus makeup products. They do good job at very reasonable rates. OMG! they have named their gloss “jaamoon ” :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Plus I loouu your rings :haanji: :haanji: :haanji:
Loving these.. But again.. Availability of lotus cosmetics!!!!! :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
rati i am buying berry smoothie too next 🙂 and the moment i read”jamoon” i smiled too 😛
I am liking the candy floss as well but I think that would be too bright for me 😕
wow….drooling over the pinks and plums :kissblow: …..and for 199/- they are worth it.
I loved the shade you wearing….the most and also berry blush and candy floss :jiggy1: :jiggy1:
And same pinch…me too have the same nail paint :cheers:
loved your rings too….. :-*
jinal i am buying berry smoothie and berry blsuh next. i like candy floss but like rati i am not sure if its just a bit too fluorescent for my liking. i am fond of those rings too:-)
nice review 🙂 my only issue… no pinks 🙁
Looks really nice!
The shades look really goood…but I want that dibbi :haanji: :haanji: :haanji: :haanji:
Me want her rings :haanji: :haanji: :haanji: :haanji:
Oh yaaaaaaaaa..me too..I want that ringggggggggg..put it in the dibbi and send it to me :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :toothygrin:
😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 Shall I too send you some parcel dear Rads? :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :present: :poop: :lashes: :lashes: :lashes:
Caliiii :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
radhika try your luck at the NEW u stores. they still might have this dibbi left.
:drool: :drool: :drool: will defenitely get one..i had the same nail paint too..it used to bfav colour..but i am unable to find those large street wear nail paints anywhere!!! :weep: :weep: did they discontinue them??? :pain: :pain: :pain:
hey rati..what about my mail??? ?:) :waiting:
Please send again. :((
ok..no problem.. 🙂
sireesha the large street wear ones are still available in a new packing. bu i think new packing also means the old shades won’t be continuing. i picked up 2 magic mauves free with a revlon lipstick during diwali period fearing i may never find magic mauve ever again :((
wow nice gloss Natz, hws da moisturizing effect ? :waiting:
veena these do moisturise well. and keep lips from feeling dry as long as they r on.
claps, : :victory: :rose: for u
finding them is the next task, thanks natz 🙂
I am really liking those golden shades :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo:
yes jhanvi they seem to have a lot of variety in goldens but not pinks :((
i like d candy floss,ice cube,berry smoothie n precious peach..nice shades :waytogo:
n nice review too natasha :waytogo:
jamoon…. cool name :jiggy1:
and the color that u have is very good…. 🙂
nice shades…m gonna try this 1 for sure and btw just noticd the new layout..niceee… :yes: :yes: :yahoo:
Thank you, Sheetal. :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
rati, some of the smileys in my article are not dancing 😐 i noticed to sad smileys and one toothy smiley on screen just the way we type it in word documnet. they haven’t been converted into proper emoticons.
😆 😆 😆 😆 Let em make your smileys dance :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
yeah they are dancing now :yahoo:
nattu :silly: :-* :-* :-*
u moved from lippies to glosses :weep:
u r the same natasha na
i saw these in my not so neighborhood mall
will check now
neha yeah, just for a change. i donated all my glosses to relatives last year. i have only 2 glosses now- a maybelline color sensational and a lotus :mohawk:
but don’t worry i ahve many more lipstick reviews coming up for u very soon.
and these lotus glosses r like lipsticks anyways.
and me is same natasha of lipsitck fridge fame :victory:
Can you review Candy Floss alone. I can’t make out exact colour of it in these many shades……..