WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I have been following IMBB for over two months now and from what I could gather, Lotus Herbals cosmetics are not an easy find unlike their skincare range. So I was in no mood to put in the extra effort of hunting it down despite the list of outlet locations put up on IMBB. However, on a chance visit to my aunt’s, who has a mall for her neighbour (I am planning to move in with her 😛 ), I stumbled upon Lotus Herbals on a random wander trip.
If only malls had some provision for providing beds so that one could easily eat, shop, sleep and thus live, life would be so much easier, don’t you think? 😛 Besides, it would spare us the need to exercise or watch our diet given the long languorous daily walks inside the mall 😀 So much for idealistic dreams that never materialise 🙁 Getting back to ground reality, here is my experience with Lotus Glosses:
I have been using the shade ‘Hazlenut Sheen’ on bare exfoliated lips almost daily for about a month now. The gloss is indeed non-sticky as the company claims. It has very slight silvery shimmer to it and the scent reminds me of some floral talc (Pond’s Dreamflower??!!). But the smell diminishes in about half an hour or so. It keep my lips moisturised (I do have dry lips though not chapped) and glides on smooth and even. Because of its lovely texture, I mostly forget I have applied anything on my lips and have ended up taking long afternoon naps without removing it from my lips 😀
(Top, Bottom)Doe-foot-sponge-tip applicator and my lips in Hazlenut Sheen
What it claims: Non-sticky formula enriched with botanical extracts of grape and jojoba, the gloss makes lips soft and supple for long. Can be used as a top coat without affecting lip colour.
Ingredients:Jojoba helps promote healing of the skin. Its antimicrobial properties in addition to the chemical composition that closely resembles skin’s natural sebum, makes it easy to absorb and non-allergic even in the most sensitive individuals.
Price and Quantity: Rs. 199 for 5ml
Total Shades: 10 (Ice Cube, Berry Smoothie, Candy Floss, Mocha Spice, Precious Peach, Cranberry Punch, Golden Mango, Jamoon, Berry Blush, Hazlenut Sheen).
(L-R) 1st row: Ice Cube, Berry Smoothie, Mocha Spice, Precious Peach, Cranberry Punch
(L-R) 2nd row: Golden Glow, Jamoon
What I like about these glosses:
- The price—who wouldn’t want to purchase a gloss with natural moisturising ingredients for Rs. 199 in this winter?
- The texture—doesn’t weigh your lips down like some glosses or settle in your fine lines even after hour.s
- The lighter shades in this range work beautifully when used as a top coat to tone down dark lipsticks (particularly reds and maroons) and can be worn on their own since they are decently pigmented.
- Imparts a natural sheen to your lips as opposed to a fake mirror shine. Since I am not a gloss person, this winter I was looking for a gloss which had some natural ingredients, hydrated my lips and gave them a natural and healthy sheen without looking over the top. This range fits the bill to the T.
- Very fine and slight shimmer particles which get distributed very evenly on both your upper and lower lip. I am mentioning this because I remember having purchased glosses whose shimmer particles used to get concentrated in only select spots on my lips the moment I applied the brush to my lip . 🙁
- Moreover, my lips feel no sensation of grit from the shimmer.
- It does not bleed even when applied without a lipliner.
- Stays put for a good 5 hours or even more on my lips without a meal. Actually remains on my lips until I remove it myself so haven’t really tried if it can go beyond five hours.
(L-R) 1st row: Precious Peach, Jamoon, Hazlenut Sheen, Mocha Spice, Berry Blush, Candy Floss
(L-R) 2nd row: Cranberry Punch, Golden Glow
What I don’t like much about these:
- The plastic cap though sturdy enough to prevent any leakage or breakage appears to be of not-so-superior quality. I prefer the shiny metallic caps of Maybelline Color Sensationals.
- Being a herbal brand, I would have preferred the glosses to be fragrance-free.
- Very limited shades
- Even though these glosses stay put for a good couple of hours, they kind of “set” on your lips within the first 15 minutes of application. In short, they seem more of a lipstick-cum-gloss on my lips. For me gloss=wet look. Since the wet look vanishes and the gloss almost transforms into a lipstick, it only further reminds me that I have too many lipsticks already and no glosses . 🙁
- Not easily available even though Lotus Herbals seems to be fast expanding its base. Besides, testers of all the shades never seem to be available at one outlet simultaneously. I visited 2 out of their outlets and whereas the first one had eight testers, the second one had seven. Even when it comes to testers/fresh pieces of lipsticks and eye pencils, they seem to have serious stocking problems.
Verdict: A steal at Rs. 199. Even though there are many glosses in the market, try at least one of these.
Will I purchase these again? : I wouldn’t mind but barring two or three shades, I don’t find the rest appealing enough. Besides, both the fragrance and the short span of the ‘wet look’ are features which do not agree with me. If these things do not irk you much, gladly go ahead and you would not regret buying these !
This particular store from where I made my purchase was giving out complimentary gifts to every customer on a purchase of Rs. 500+ and I got this cute dibbi. If I open the lid, it doesn’t close and if I close the lid, it doesn’t open:P So now I keep it half-open and half-closed 😛
Rating : :-* :-* :-*