Bollywood industry has both dark and bright shades in it. It truly values talented folks and one who is talented, makes it to the top of the ladder, moving ahead of contemporaries. In this star-lit world of Bollywood, many sibling have tried their luck to make it big onscreen. While some found it difficult to find a steady ground and considered quitting eventually, their real-life sisters achieved fame with their performances. In this article, we will tell you about 10 Real Life Sisters of Bollywood who have tried their luck in Bollywood? Want to know more, then read on further:
1. Kareena Kapoor Khan and Karisma Kapoor: Karisma Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor are undoubtedly the most popular sister jodis in tinsel town. They belong to the most influential Kapoor khandhan. Both of them have been done remarkable work as actresses. Karisma delivered back to back hits in movies like Raja Babu(1994), Coolie No. 1(1995), Raja Hindustani(1998). She is not a part of the silver screen anymore, but her sister continues to be a part of the Bollywood industry. In the present times, Kareena may not have too many hit movies to brag about, but she was quite in fame in the past decade. We can never forget her mind-blowing performance in “Jab We Met”, can we?
2. Shilpa Shetty and Shamita Shetty: Here is an example of two Bollywood divas who are also sisters in real life, but their rate of success in the industry is what makes them different from each other. The gorgeous Shilpa Shetty with her jaw-dropping features and slim silhouette was one of the most popular actresses of her times. She is a globally-acclaimed celebrity who is also a producer, businesswoman and a yoga expert. Though known primarily for her work in Hindi films, she has also appeared in Telugu, Tamil and Kannada language films. Shamita Shetty, on the other hand, could not shine too much in movies, but she is back in limelight through the hit show “Khatron Ke Khiladi.”Even though she had appeared in a number of films post her debut movie “Mohabbatein” in 2000, her acting skills failed to create a charm onscreen. Seeing the rapid drop in her Bolly-career, she decided to try her luck in interior design which was quite a smart move. Her last hit to fame was her her item number “Sharara Sharara.”
3. Amrita Arora and Malaika Arora: Amrita Arora was a prominent actress in the B-town who has worked in many films for over a decade. She made her acting debut in 2002 with the flop movie ‘Kitne door, Kitne Paas.” She had many flop movies in her career and then moved onto supporting roles in mainstream movies like Golmaal and Kambakht. Amrita has moved out of the film industry and has settled down in family life. Her sister ‘Malaika Arora’, may not be a mainstream Bollywood actress but she is a well-known face for starring in item songs in popular Hindi movies. She is also a dancer, model, VJ, television presenter, and a fitness trainer, and also a judge of popular reality shows on Indian television. This lady in her 40’s inspires us to be fit and fab and proves that age has no effect in defining in your charm.
4. Alia Bhatt and Pooja Bhatt: Alia Bhatt is the youngest daughter of famous filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt and former actress Soni Razdan. Pooja is the elder daughter of Mahesh Bhatt and his first wife, Kiran Bhat. Both have been successful actresses and are gifted with great acting skills. Her sister Pooja was a popular actress of the 80’s and had starred in more than 30 films. She is now a film producer and a director but is not active in movies anymore. Her step-sister, Alia is however one of the most sought-after faces in the present day Hindi Industry. She started working as a child artist and got her first major break in the Karan Johar directed film “Student of the Year.” Since then, she has not looked back and has improved immensely as an actresses. She is an absolute delight to watch onscreen. I hope you haven’t missed her mind-blowing acting on “Gully Boy” which was released recently.
5. Raima Sen and Riya Sen: Raima and Riya are daughters of famous Bengali actress Moon Moon Sen. We haven’t seen enough of these ladies in Bollywood but they have starred in quite a few Bollywood films. Both the sisters started out as actors in Bollywood in the early 2000s and have been hit by a number of flops in the early days of their career following which they have even tried their luck in South Indian cinema. These ladies are now rarely seen in the industry. While Riya got married to Shivam Tewari last year, her elder sister Raima still remains unmarried.
6. Kajol and Tanisha Mukherji: This is yet another popular real-life sister jodi where one sister has touched the pinnacle of success and the other one has failed to make a mark. They are daughters of yesteryear Bollywood actress Tanuja. Tanisha made her debut with Telugu and Tamil films before making her first appearance in Bollywood with the 2003 movie ‘Ssshhh..’. Although Tanisha starred in mainstream movies like Neal n’ Nikki and Sarkar, she is not as successful as real sister, Kajol and cousin sister, Rani Mukherji. She has been a part of shows like Big Boss and Khatron Ke Khiladi which have managed to bring her some fame. Talking about her elder sister, Kajol and her contribution to the Hindi cinema, doesn’t even need any mention. She has been a prominent B-town actress, shining in women-oriented roles. She is married to another successful actor, Ajay Devgan.
7. Shruti Haasan and Akshara Haasan: Shruti and Akshara Hassan are the daughters born to legendary Tamil actor, Kamal Hassan and his first wife, Sarika. Shruti started her career as a child artist in 2000 while she was at 14 years old in Hey Ram movie. She has worked in more than 40 films. She is also a singer and a model. Her younger sister, Akshara, started her career as an assistant director. She made her film debut with the movie Shamitabh (2015) in Bollywood. Later, she made her Kollywood debut in Vivegam (2017). She is not as popular as her elder sister.
8. Namrata Shirodkar and Shilpa Shirodkar: Namrata Shirodkar is the wife of Telugu Superstar, Mahesh Babu. She is a former Miss India and has worked in many movies of Bollywood. She is the daughter of the famous Marathi actress Gangu Bai and grand-daughter of veteran actress Meenakshi Shirodkar. After her marriage, she left acting and is not seen in films anymore. Her elder sister, Shilpa Shirodkar also worked predominantly in Bollywood films and TV serials. She was known for her bold looks in the 90’s movies. Both the sisters started in the industry together. While her younger sister, Namrata started with modelling, Shilpa tried her luck in acting.
9. Twinkle Khanna and Rinke Khanna: Twinkle Khanna is the elder daughter of legendary actor Rajesh Khanna and actress Dimple Kapadia. She is married to Bollywood hunk, Akshay Kumar. After having a brief span of acting in Bollywood, she quit films and turned into an author. She was a popular actress of the mid 90’s and has been a part of a number of hit films. She also turned producer for the movies Thank You (2011) and Padman(2017). Rinkle Khanna is the younger sister of Twinkle Khanna who is not as popular as her sister. She tried her luck in acting with the debut movie ‘Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi’ in the year 1999 but failed to leave an impression there. She even tried in supporting roles but even failed to work her charm. She left acting in the early days of her career after struggling to find a footing in the industry. She is now married and happily living in UK along with her husband and is leading a complete life.
10. Tabu – Farah Naaz: Tabassum Fatima Hashmi who is also known by her screen name, Tabu, is a strong actress known for her strong roles in Bollywood movies. She was born in Hyderabad and mainly works in supporting roles now. This tall beauty has been a part of more than 50 films in several languages and has great acting skills. She is one of the most attractive spinsters of Bollywood and is enjoying her single life. She also has an elder sister, Farah Naaz who was a leading Bollywood actress of the 80’s and 90’s. She has appeared in more than 70 films and was well-known during those days.
Which real-life sister pair did you like the most?? Let us know in the comments below. And thank you for reading.