Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette Review and Swatches
Here I am with a review and swatches for the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette. I picked this up from Target on a whim although I am not much of a concealer person. Just find it too time consuming to pat it, then blend it and then set it ☹
Anyway, finally I thought I’d give it a try as I had read a lot about it. I have a few black spots from acne here n there, and a stupid old blemish on one of my cheeks. But they are usually taken care of by my Mac Studio Fix Compact very nicely. So, although I think I need concealers, I usually don’t use them.
The concealer palette comes in only 1 shade – Hidden Agenda.
Price: 10.99 USD
Product Description: This concealer works to minimize the appearance of dark circles, fine lines and skin imperfections while offering an overall smooth and polished finish. Two shades of concealer make it possible to custom-blend your own shade.
Ingredients: Rich in treatment ingredients this palette contains: Jojobal Oil, Horse Chestnut Extract and Apricot Oil for smoothing and emollient properties; Vitamins A, C & E protect with anti-oxidant and anti-aging action and the colorless powder smoothes skin and offers hydrating properties for a natural and bright finish.
Packaging: Very smart and compact white case. It looks neat, is travel-friendly and super unhygienic as it doesn’t come with a brush. So you have dip your finger in it.
It has 4 shades. Clockwise from top left they are as follows:
1. Lighter concealer: Good for brightening up the under-eye area
2. Darker concealer: To cover up acne marks/blemishes
3. Setting powder: To set the concealer
4. Neutralizer: A green-toned concealer to neutralize any redness on your skin
Here are the swatches:
(Blended the darkest concealer roughly)
Texture: Very very creamy and blendable
Coming to the pros and cons straightaway:
- This is a great palette combining 3 concealers and a setting powder all-in-one!
- Great price for a concealer palette
- Rich creamy texture and not cakey at all. It is very blendable.
- I love the darkest concealer and the neutralizer as they are able to successfully cover my blemishes.
- It gives you the option to mix the concealers to get your perfect shade
- Very decent staying power if set properly with a powder
- The palette comes in only one shade – so if you are fairer than the lightest shade or darker than the darkest concealer, then you will find it difficult to match your skintone. I am NC 35-40 and the darkest shade just barely matches my skintone.
- The light concealer and the setting powder are a complete waste for me as they are too light for my skin.
- The setting powder is very patchy and does not set the concealer evenly.
- Doesn’t come with any brush/applicator, so its unhygienic
- Doesn’t photograph very well and looks very patchy in pics – maybe I didn’t set it properly when I took a pic or something.
- The lightest concealer is too thick for my taste to be used as an under eye concealer.
- Non-availability in India
Overall verdict: It’s a good product to try and get your hands set in using concealers as its pretty cheap and has 3 shades. However, if you are a concealer fanatic and prefer to get a flawless look, you may want to look at the Mac concealers. Won’t repurchase it.