Strings attached with doughnuts, pastries, ice-cream and chocolate? This may be the biggest reason for your weight loss failure! Removing sugar can be a game-changer in your life. Still dreaming for that perfect body? Today, we spill the beans to achieve that dream figure and toned body that you are running after!!! Stay tuned!
1. Sugar is your enemy: Sounds too dramatic? I know! But refined sugar has too many adverse effects on the body not just weight gain.
2. Premature ageing: Consuming too much sugar can lead to premature wrinkles and ageing. It can cause mentrual imbalance and can cause pimples/acne around jawline.
3. Cravings: Sure you heard smoking/drinking is addictive, beware ladies sugar is addictive too! Each time you consume anything sugary the brain signals dopamine, similar to a addictive drug. Which makes you crave more.
4. Bloating: Then you say curves are s*xy! Sugar can cause unexplained bloating. The stomach has bad bacteria which also love eating sugar, which is root cause for gas, bloating and flatulence. This is the biggest reason why celebrities don’t consume sugar as they need flat and tiny waist on camera!
5. Lowers energy level: Glucose plays a major role when it comes to body energy levels, but it is equally important to keep the blood sugar level well balanced. Right after a sugary meal the pancreas releases insulin to transfer glucose to the cells, the individual may experience a rush of energy for a while, but once its used up the individual will feel low in energy to peak up the energy level the body will require more sugar. The more sugar you consume the more your body will ask! Its a non-stop process.
6. Sugar is a no-no for weight loss: Since your goal is losing weight, consuming sugar is not in option. According to a survey, the recommended dosage of sugar for an adult is 2 tablespoons per day. Consuming more could effect your weight loss goal. Almost every dietician would recommend switching refined sugar with stevia when losing weight. Sugar undoubtedly causes weight gain, obesity and other diseases and hence is not recommended for weight watchers. Tip- When you experience low energy levels and cant binge on sugar, try jaggery (Indian gud) or organic honey in your tea, coffee, juice etc to increase your energy levels.
7. Skip sugar try calorie-less sugar: One tablespoon sugar is about 12.6 grams and has almost 48 calories, imagine the amount of calories that goes into your body throughout the day through tea, coffee, fruit juices, lassi, lemonade etc. you can simply save your body from these unwanted empty calories by switching to calorie-less sugar alternative like stevia! Stevia comes in drops, tablets and in powder form, it is easily available in any grocery store. Its a derived from a plant and therefore is safe to use. Avoid sugar free as it has many side effects on the body. You can also try jaggery (sometimes) as its a good source of sugar. Since it has calories its recommend not to use it on regular basis. Another alternative is honey, you can try organic honey from any reputed brand to add flavour in your drinks.
8. Watch out for hidden sugars: Sugar may still be lurking in your food. Foods such as breads, salad dressing, ketchup, fruit yogurt, packaged smoothies, flavoured cereal, health drinks etc. The best you can do is purchase sugar-free foods from your grocery store. And always read the labels carefully. Also, prepare your meals at home to avoid those unwanted empty calories and it also increases the nutritional value of the food. Which gives you healthy skin, nail and hair a total win-win.