“Never stop believing in love!” This statement holds absolute truth in the lives of some of the glamorous ladies from the small screen. These ladies after having failed in their first marriages mustered up courage and found love once again. Luckily, for most of them, it has resulted in happiness whereas for some, even second marriages also brought unhappiness. In this post, we will talk about 12 popular television actresses who married twice.
1. Shweta Tiwari: She is one of the most popular household names and the most-adored bahus from the television world. Shweta Tiwari’s life has been a rollercoaster ride of struggles but nothing can weaken her strong spirit. Shweta underwent physical abuse in her first marriage, but she didn’t lose hope. Instead, she overcame all her fears and gathered courage to lead the life of a strong single mother. She also overlooked all social taboos and embraced marriage again. Her tumultuous life has surely been an inspiring story to all. She was married to actor Raja Chaudhary from 1998-2007 with whom she has a daughter named Palak. Everything was going okay in her married life until she became a victim of social violence. This strong woman stood up against all odds and spoke up against this ill-treatment meted out to her. Eventually, she decided to end this relationship and filed for divorce. Soon after, she ended her marriage, she moved on completely and found love in life again. This happened when she met television actor, Abhinav Kohli. Shweta and Abhinav took things slowly and dated for 3 years before tying the knot on July 13, 2013. Abhinav has not only been an understanding partner to Shweta but he is also a doting and caring father to her daughter Palak. The couple welcomed a cute little baby boy on November 27, 2016 and named him Reyansh Kohli.
2. Shraddha Nigam: Shraddha Nigam was first in a married status with her ‘Dil Mil Gaye’ actor, Karan Singh Grover. This marriage lasted for about a year from 2008 through 2009. Media has widely reported and alleged that Shraddha and Karan’s 10-month-old marriage went kaput because Karan wasn’t loyal to Shraddha. Shraddha unable to bear the pain decided to move on and ended the marriage. The actress found love again in actor Mayank Anand in 2012. Meanwhile, her former husband Karan Singh Grover moved on as well and got into wedlock with Jennifer Winget which didn’t work out either, and then finally found love again with Bipasha Basu. This graceful actress grabbed eyeballs for her stunning transformation and her clothing line that she owns with her husband Mayank Anand. The couple also launched their clothing line at the Lakme Fashion Week in 2011 and things have been going great for this actress.
3. Chahat Khanna: Do you remember this beautiful actress from ‘Bade Acche Lagte Hain’ television series.? This lady was allegedly a victim of physical abuse and mental torture in her personal life. Chahatt’s first husband was Bharat Narsinghani who was a businessman by profession and the relationship fizzled out after seven months of marriage. Chahatt who was going through a lot of mental torture ended this marriage. After her first marriage ended, Chahatt was in a relationship with actor Kanana Malhotra, but that even didn’t make to the next level. In 2013 February, she found love again and got happily married to Farhan Mirza who is a businessman. Chahatt and Farhan became proud parents to a sweet little princess on September 9, 2016. They have named their bundle of joy, Zohar Mirza.
4. Sneha Wagh: Sneha Wagh is mostly remembered for her role in the serial ‘Ek Veer Ki Ardaas…Veera.” She also got married twice and the reasons of her failed relationships are pretty much common to the above stories. Her first marriage to Avishkar Darvekar was not a peaceful one.. Sneha was just 19 years old when she got married for the first time. Being too young, she was unable to take decisions on how to handle her falling marriage. These incidents left such an indelible imprint on her mind that she vowed never to get married again. However, after a long gap of 7 years, she decided to try her luck again and went for her second marriage. This marriage to interior designer Anurag Solanki too ended after eight months. After witnessing two failed marriages, Sneha completely lost the interest to get married again.
5. Deepshikha Nagpal: Deepshikha Nagpal is another actress who has walked the aisle twice. She was first married to fellow actor Jeet Upendra but divorced him in 2007. This end of marriage didn’t end her hopes of falling in love all over again. This damsel found love in Bollywood and TV actor, Kaishav Arora. Deepshikha and Kaishav got married in 2012 and Kaishav happily accepted Deepshikha’s two kids from her previous marriage. The happiness in her second marriage ended shortly and soon things started being sour. She soon filed FIR against Kaishav for threatening to kill her and her kids. With this legal drama going on, something unexpected happened. Amidst all this ugly mudslinging, Deepshikha and Kaishav decided to forget bad days and patched up! Soon after the reconciliation, everything fell in place rightly and this couple began enjoying their happy days once again. The couple was even holidaying in Goa and looked happy as ever!
6. Dimpy Ganguly: This name may not be quite familiar to Indian households. For those of you who remember her, she took part in Imagine TV’s Swayamvar reality show, ‘Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayenge’ and ended up marrying Rahul Mahajan, son of late BJP leader, Pramod Mahajan. Rahul and Dimpy were married for about 5 years from 2010-2015. After many ups and downs, the couple filed for divorce in 2014 and it was granted in 2015. The lovelorn Dimpy found happiness once again when she bumped into her school friend Rohit Roy. Sparks flew between the duo and the next thing that happened was their news of marriage. The couple tied the knot in November 27, 2015 and welcomed a baby girl on June 20, 2016.
7. Archana Puran Singh: She played the role of Ms. Breganza in Karan Johar’s ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ to perfection. Archana’s first marriage failed miserably which made her lose interest in men and took a vow that she will never marry anyone. However, her second marriage to actor Parmeet Sethi was like a match made in heaven. Archana first met Parmeet at a common friend’s party and it was attraction at first sight for Parmeet. The couple had a live-in relationship for 5 years before officially tying the knot. Archana was older to Parmeet by 5 years but this did not affect the trust, honesty and understanding in their relationship. The couple faced a stiff resistance from Parmeet’s family. Despite all opposition, the couple walked down the aisle on June 30, 1992, and are parents to two sons, Aaryamann and Ayushmaan.
8. Manini De: She is one of the most well-known characters from ‘Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin’. The beautiful Pari Kapadia was married to Dr. Rahul who was her co-star from Sanjivani in 2004. After her marriage ended, she became a single parent to a four-year-old little girl, Dainoor. Soon after, good things started happening to her and she found love in co-star Mihir again. They met at their common friend and late actor, Sanjit Bedi’s party and within a week, these two were married. Sounds magical, right!! Mihir and Manini had a very unconventional wedding that took place at Mihir’s living room. Tabloids predicted that this marriage won’t last long as the decision was made hastily. Similar to the story of actress Shweta Tiwari and Abhinav Kohli, even Manini’s daughter from her previous marriage, Dainoor has a beautiful relationship with Mihir.
9. Gautami Kapoor: Gautami Kapoor and Ram Kapoor are one of the iconic couples of the telly land. But do you that this was the second marriage for Gautami? She was first married to a commercial photographer, Madhur Shroff. When she was shooting for ‘Ghar Ek Mandir’, she met Ram Kapoor and eventually fell in love with him. They got married in 2003 despite major family opposition. This happened as Ram was a Punjabi and Gautami was a Maharashtrian. The couple got married according to Arya Samaj rituals and have two kids, a daughter, Sia, and a son, Aks.
10. Renuka Shahane: This telly queen played Salman Khan’s on-screen bhabhi in ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun!’. She experienced love for the second time when she met Bollywood actor Ashutosh Rana. Her first marriage with a guy named, Vijay Kenkare did not last forever. This made the actress turn skeptical about marriage. After gathering courage, she took the impossible decision of getting married again and look at her today!! She looks perfectly happy. Ashutosh and Renuka have two sons together, Shauryaman and Satyendra.
11. Shweta Keswani: Shweta Kewani is mostly known for her roles in serials like ‘Baa Bahoo Aur Baby’, ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii’ and “Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand.” This gorgeous actress was first married to Alexx O’Nell who is an American actor and musician based out of India. They enjoyed a blissful married life from 2008 till 2011. Later on, things turned kaput for the couple. This resulted in a divorce between the two and Shweta in order to get some mental peace went to visit her brother in the United States. During her stay there, Shweta met her current husband Ken Andino, a lawyer, in New York City and got instantly smitten by the guy. The couple dated for some time before making their relationship official. In October 2012, Shweta Keswani and Ken Andino got married and in October 2013, the couple welcomed a baby girl. Alexx later went on to date ‘Yeh Meri Life Hai’ fame actress, Shama Sikander.
12. Tanaaz Irani: Tanaaz Irani is a popular face on television serials as well as in Bollywood movies. She got married to popular theatre artist Farid Currim when she was quite young. She became a mother at the age of 20 to a daughter named Zianne. That marriage did not last long and the couple parted ways soon after. She met her present husband, Bakhtiyaar Irani, who is eight years younger to her on the sets of a television serial. Tanaaz and Bakhtiyaar fell in love and finally tied the knot in 2007. Despite the opposition they faced from their families, the couple went ahead with their decision to be together. Tanaaz and Bakhtiyaar have two children, a son named Zeus, born on March 20, 2008 and a daughter named Zara, born on September 19, 2011.
Which television actress from this list is your favourite? Thanks for reading.