When trying to lose weight, a lot of us want to see results quickly, and often fall into the trap of fad diets and gimmicky fat burners that seldom work. What would actually bring long-term results is following healthy weight loss diet plans (such as on Rati Beauty app) and a bit of exercise. Along with these absolutely basic factors, there are some other elements that help to accelerate and double up the weight loss results. And we are completely talking about stuff that are natural and not about any powders or potions here. So, let’s find out more about these elements that are going to make your weight loss journey smooth.
1. Eat the Right Kind of Food: As we have always maintained, “you can never outrun a bad diet” because you can go into a “calorie deficit” to lose weight only by eating the right kind of food. Relying just on workout or exercise to lose weight will make it a long journey, and to cut that time in half, eat healthy, practice portion control, and put on your plate the right kind of food. We have such weight loss diet plans on the Rati Beauty app, that would help you to shed extra pounds by placing on the right kind of food, so do check them out.
2. Give up Sugar: When you give up added sugar in diet, you can reap many benefits from glowing skin to prevention of type 2 diabetes, but the biggest benefit of cutting down refined sugar is weight loss! If one consumes more sugar, the body will convert it to fat and store it in tissues as layers. By cutting down sugar, you will not be providing the body fuel for fat storage (glucose) and with just a bit of exercise and a healthy dieting routine, you would be able to shed weight really well and get your dream body and goal weight quickly.
3. Snack on Nuts and Healthy Fats: Just like carbs and protein, fat is also an essential macronutrient, needed in a percentage of 20% to 35% on a daily basis. The omega 3 fatty acids found in healthy fats and in nuts such as almonds, walnuts, etc., increase lipolysis, leading to burning of excess fat. As we all know, when there is too much insulin in the blood stream, there are more chances of it getting stored as fat. Healthy fats do not trigger the release of excess insulin, slowing down the process of fat storage.
4. Eat from Smaller Plates: When you use small plates or bowls to eat food, you tend to serve yourself a smaller portion of food and that would help you practice portion control. Certain studies also point out to how your brain can be tricked to feel satisfied when you eat from a bowl than from a big plate, making one feel full when you eat from a small bowl with the same quantity of food that you eat from a larger plate. Also, the bowl’s weight in hand will give you the feeling that you are consuming more food. So, switch to smaller plates and bowls right now.
5. Sleep for 7 Hours: Good sleep and weight loss are interconnected, and when you compromise on your sleeping hours, you are making the pace of shedding weight slower. Sleeping for only 4 or 5 hours per night triggers the production of ghrelin (hunger hormone) and lowers the levels of leptin (fullness hormone). Getting sound sleep also boosts metabolism and lowers the production of stress hormone. So, sleep your way to weight loss instead of binging on Netflix and spending hours on social media which would disturb circadian rhythm, making it difficult for you to fall asleep peacefully.
6. HIIT: It stands for high intensity interval training, and the amazing thing is that even with half an hour of HIIT, one can burn calories throughout the day. Here are 7 Minute Fat Burning HIIT Exercises That you can Do at Home.
7. Say yes to Cheat Meals: Being on a weight loss diet does not mean you have to give up all those delicious but “high calorie” treats forever! You can indulge them as a cheat meal which would also help to reset a sluggish metabolism and to burn more calories over the next days. Cheat meal is an important factor in weight loss because when you cut calories by a great degree to lose weight, the body tends to lower down metabolism to hold on to fat storage more tightly. After a certain period of time, you would hit a weight loss plateau where the body slows down its metabolism to preserve fat. To avoid such situations, cheat meal once a week is necessary for tricking the body to make it believe that food is available and it’s okay to continue burning fat. Cheat meal helps to reset a sluggish metabolism, so do indulge in a cheat meal when you are out with your family or friends to continue losing weight at a faster pace, but do make sure that cheat meals do not stretch into “cheat weekends.”
8. Get up Early to Get Some Sunshine: Various studies have found a link between weight gain and vitamin D deficiency. Low vitamin D levels can actually cause a slump in your weight loss progress, so grab those running shoes and get some sunshine.
9. Drink the Right Kind of Tea: The high amount of antioxidants that you can get through green tea can flush out toxins and boost the metabolism to burn more calories. Switch your regular chai with a cup of green tea (without sugar of course).
10. Plan your Meals Well Ahead: Planning healthy meals ahead and meal prepping would help you to stick to your weight loss diet better and you would be able to see faster results. All such meal plans are now available on the Rati Beauty app.
11. Say Yes to H2O: We often confuse thirst signals with hunger and reach out for food when in fact, we are just thirsty. So, the next time around when you feel a hunger pang that’s out of schedule, don’t reach out for a chocolate bar or doughnut, reach out for a glass of water and sip on, and the pangs will disappear.
12. Fill Half of your Plate Vegetables: You are most likely to binge eat sugary and highly-processed food, not vegetables! Fill half of your plate with vegetables and you would realize that you are able to clean the plate without wasting food and without dumping the extra calories into your body.
13. Chew Food Slowly: When you eat too fast, your brain doesn’t get the signal to stop once you are full. This means that you often eat more than you actually require. Our brain takes around 20 minutes to register that we are now full and there’s no more need to consume more food, so if you chew slowly, you can actually reach the satiation point during the eating process itself and stop yourself from piling on extra pounds.
14. Switch up the Protein Content in Food: A diet that’s high in protein helps to increase the levels of the satiety hormones, reduces appetite, and for faster weight loss, you need to consume more protein and less of carbohydrates and fats. This way, you boost satiety hormones, keep hunger hormones in check, have a high metabolism, and keep burning more calories.
15. Ditto for Fiber: Fiber-rich food helps to reduce appetite to a good extent by regulating the production of hunger hormone “ghrelin.” Fiber content also reduces one’s appetite by slowing the movement of food through the gut. Since fiber has low glycemic index, it also does not spike up insulin and thus reduces the chance of extra calories getting stored up as fat in the body.
Hope you would all these amazing tips to accelerate your weight loss journey 🙂