Struggling with side fat in the back? This could be an alarming sign for you! Unhealthy lifestyle, poor nutrition, improper sleep schedule could be the reason for fat storage in the body, the good news is that with some work, you can get a healthier and toned body. To be more precise, we’re dealing with side-fat and also called as love-handles, isn’t the name cute? But love handles can really effect one’s self-confidence. According to fitness trainers, spot reduction is not possible, meaning that one cannot reduce fat only in one particular part because our body is designed in a way that when we workout/exercise, the fat gets burnt throughout the body; however, there are many exercises to target that particular area. Let’s learn how to get rid of not so loved love-handles and here are 8 ways to reduce side fat in back quickly.
1. Cut on sugar: Healthy eating is the only key to reach your fitness goal. Cutting off your sugar intake not only reduces fat levels but will also detox your body. Sugars are found in biscuits, cakes, donuts, chocolate, sports drinks, soft drinks, packaged fruit juices and junk food. In fact, avoid any type of sugar. You can replace your sugar with stevia, organic honey, jaggery, etc. Tip – the best way to lose weight is by preparing your own meals, this way you would know what goes into your meals. You can make fruit juices etc at home, and also it becomes a lot more healthier and hygienic.
2. Keep it moving: The whole idea is burning out your calories, join a gym, or a Pilates/yoga class. If you still don’t have time for any of these, try running or brisk walking for 20 minutes every day. To reduce fat, you need to move your body. You can also try HIIT workouts from YouTube, this form of exercise will surely get you that burn! If you dedicate at least 30-60 minutes for yourself daily, you are going to take your health and fitness to the next level. Also your wardrobe will love you!
3. Get your beauty sleep: According to a study, sleep-deprived people tend to gain more weight than those who get enough sleep! Shocking right? Not getting sufficient sleep can increase cortisol levels in the body which can lead to weight gain. Aim for at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Bonus – you’ll be blessed with good skin and hair!
4. Level up with protein: If there is something missing in typical Indian diet, then it is protein! Adding protein in your diet can help you lose weight and maintain a healthy weight. According to studies, protein is highly effective when it comes to reducing weight around the stomach area, which means it will easier for you to lose love handles with protein. You can eat egg whites, chicken breast, tofu, chickpeas, lentils, peanuts, whey-protein shake to increase your protein intake.
5. Drink enough water: Water is the best drink for your body. Keep your body hydrated throughout the day, it not only helps in losing fat, it is also optimal for your overall health. Whenever you are thirsty, keep your hands away from sports drink, tea, coffee – instead drink plain water. Studies have shown liquid calories are the worst as they the quickest lead to insulin spikes and lead to fat storage in the body. Stay away from liquid-sugar to reach your goal. Water not only cuts off calories but can drastically improve your skin quality and hair. Actors like Jacqueline Fernandez, Kareena Kapoor Khan all consume a lot of water and we can surely see the glow on their face!
6. Eat whole foods: Avoid any form of processed food, consume whole foods, like fruits, vegetables, lentils, nuts, eggs, chicken, lean meat, tofu, studies shows that people who use ready-made meals are more prone in developing a big belly than those who eat home cooked meals. Try preparing meals at home to keep your belly and health happy.
7. Stay away from alcohol: Drinking alcohol has been linked with obesity and weight gain, especially around the mid-section of the body. Alcoholic drinks are loaded with calories and sugar, which can promote weight gain, simply cut back on alcoholic drinks to prevent those unwanted calories.
8. Munch on Complex Carbs: Switch refined carbs with nutritionally dense complex-carbs. Good source of complex carbs include oats, sweet potatoes, brown-rice etc. complex carbs makes you feel fuller and satisfied which means you’re less likely to eat soon. Include fibre rich carbohydrates to loose those love handles.
Hope this article helps you to achieve your fitness goal, thanks for reading!