Tag: What’s in your purse?
I recently got tagged by a friend regarding the contents of my purse. Since I don’t run my own blog anymore at the moment, I’d like to do this tag right here.
So this is the purse that I had with me on the day I received the tag:
It’s a Mandarina Duck purse, the model is called Hera, from their business line. I just love Mandarina Duck, especially the Hera series; it combines classic premium chic with functionality and timeless elegance. Those of you who know Mandarina Duck, know that they are anything but cheap, especially the Hera series, but they are worth every penny. The special damped on protective cover seals the leather material and protects the bag against dirt and scratches, so over the years, the bag still looks like new. If you do wear them carefully, you’ll definitely enjoy them for the next decades to come – while of course being supported by every Mandarina Duck store, which do offer no fuss service replacing any broken or worn out clasps, buckles or other parts. Receiving premium customer service should definitely be out of the question within this price class, but unfortunately this is not the case with every brand. So over the years several Hera bags moved into my closet and I absolutely adore all of them, wearing them quite often, no matter whether it’s for business or leisure.
So the order of the items has no special meaning, I just pulled them out one after the other.
So right on top we have some paper tissues, cigarettes, one of my Zippo lighters, matches and, last but not least, some peppermint candy. Looking at the picture right now I can’t help myself but think that these items do look rather odd together. 🙂 Oh and yes, I do smoke – actually even more so in the past few months since I had one hell of a busy summer. Nevertheless, I already added quitting smoking to my list of New Years resolutions.
This is a black leather bag containing a key ring and a small pocket for change, very practical in my opinion. Right underneath you see my red wallet, which basically contains everything that’s important for every day’s needs, next to money, ID’s, credit cards, etc
My mobile business center.
This combines a phone, MP-3Player, mobile internet and memo in one. I still have to get used to the electronic calendar and appointment functions, so whenever I travel and take my bigger business leather case with me, I also take along a paper version of my appointment schedule.
Mini sized hairbrush and a barrette –
You never know when you might need it. Usually I also have some of those mini sized bobby pins with me, don’t ask me why I forgot to take them with me this time, beats me.
Contents from the side pocket of my purse:
Portable shoe shine – don’t you just hate it when you are on your way to an important meeting and right in front of the door you notice that your umbrella did manage to keep you dry and pretty but your shoes look like you just crossed a mud pit?
Furthermore , a ticket for the local public transportation system, even more peppermint candy and more matches . 😛
Oh and a small package of Basica – a dietary supplement which promotes a healthy acid/base balance in your body.
Second side pocket:
My writing utensils and a pocket sized version (10 ml) of „Sun“ an Eau de Parfum by Wellments. It is a pretty, woody scent, a bit oriental but not too heavy. I do like the more dominant woody notes and the pocket size is more than perfect to freshen up the scent througout your day.
I guess now we are moving on to the part that is the main interest of most of us, my little makeup bag:
The contents of the bag do change on a regular basis, depending on the current makeup I am wearing, clothing style, etc. But then again some things just remain permanently in the bag, like a lip conditioner and a tiny lip brush, which you won’t see on the next picture as I had moved it to my jacket that day and that’s why it is missing in my purse.
- Forever Living aloe lip conditioner, this is a very rich and nurturing product which I really like.
- Essence lipgloss „Don´t bite me, kiss me“ featured in the Eclipse LE, a shimmering pink with tons of multicolored-blue-purple shimmering particles.
- MAC mini sized lipgloss in „Flashmode“ and„Magnetique“. I am not 100% sure if it is indeed Magnetique as the print has completly worn off by now.
- Silk Naturals lipstick in „Fearless“, an intense, shimmering magenta (satin finish)
- Make Up Forever mini Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyepencil in black
- A pocket mirror, a trial size of a Silk Naturals brush-on powder, which is supposed to have an anti aging effect. I personally think it is quite an effective finishing powder, or you can use it to touch up during the day.
- MAC lipstick in „Milan Mode“. Keeping everything from MAC, MUFE etc. in its original boxing is a weird obsession of mine. I not only keep my Maccies in their original boxes at home in my makeup drawers, I also keep them in their original boxes when I am on the go, in my purse, or wherever. My friends finally got used to my whim and stopped asking why I do that ( Oh in case you are wondering, the mini glosses are out of their boxes because they never were single boxed as they are part of the usual Holiday five piece sets).
I also stopped at the drugstore to pick up three nail polishes from a limited edition and the little plastic bag easily fits into my purse.
Essence Denim Wanted LE, featuring polishes in:
Fivepocket Grey – My Boyfriend´s Jeans – I love my Jeans
So, if I look at the contents of my purse altogether, they do look a bit stern and minimalistic. I mean, I do miss the typical picture of a somewhat chaotic, but truly feminine purse.
No trace of trinkets, unnecessary items or makeup overload. But then, I do constantly reorganize the contents of my Mandarina Duck bags, since I wear them on a regular basis. I mean, I do own purses that are quite more chaotic regarding the contents, but even those do get an organized makeover at the moment. Come to think, looking back my purses actually were quite cluttered up with all sorts of stuff, but presently I guess I am going through a phase where I am reorganizing a lot of things to gain more structure in my life. So to wrap up this post I might say: Show me your purse and I’ll tell you who you are