I think the most fun part about what I do is the little challenges that my job throws at me. Maybelline asked me if I could create 5 Nail Arts. Considering my super hectic life, I am someone who literally have to find time to paint nails only. Nail art was out of question. But then I thought why not give it a go. I’d make the nail arts that suit my schedule. They’d be easy and the ones that others can also create easily. So here are 5 Nail Arts I created. Sanjeev has very graciously offered to lend names to my nail arts. Hope you like them.
Regarding the nail paints quality, they are just fabulous. There are around 40 shades available that you can check HERE. The brush is fab and fans out perfectly on the nail. I haven’t worn them long enough so I cannot comment on the chipping part. So far, I haven’t found any problems with the nail paints as such. They go on very smoothly and the finish is gorgeous.
Price : Rs 75
Every pink has a silver lining :
Nail Paints Used : Ladies Night 006, Silver Linings 007, Hooked-on-pink 212
- Apply hot pink nail paint all over the nail. Let it dry for a minute.
- Apply a slanted stroke of blue nail paint on the tip of the nail. Let that dry.
- Now apply a slanted stroke of silver from the other end of the nail. Let that dry. ta da! you can finish it off with a top coat.
Cats on a blue playground : This one is my favourite. I wanted to play with the soft pastels in shade of powder blue and muted coral.
Nail Paints Used : Blueberry Ice 403, Orange Fix 214
- Paint your nails with powder blue nail paint.
- Using a nail art brush (comes in a kit) apply thick dots of the coral nail paint just on the sides. Done.
I mean you could of course do an all over polka dots as well but I thought this was a more modern and muted version.
Queen in the Golden Palace
Nail Paints Used : Bold Gold 008, Black Currant Pop 402
This is your regular french tips done with a twist of color.
- Paint your nails with lavender nail paint and let it dry for a minute.
- The taking the gold nail paint, follow the shape of your nails and paint the tips.
Flag of Hearts :
I wouldn’t lie but this one was slightly tough for me. Getting the stripes straight…when has that been an easy task? Phew!
Nail Paints used : Blueberry Ice 403, Ladies Night 006, Maybelline Nail Art Stickers
Steps : Paint your nails with the deep metallic blue nail paint. Let it dry for a minute or two.
- Now makes two stripes with a powder blue nail paint at equal distance.
- While the light blue nail paint is wet, pick a heart sticker and place it on the side of your nail. Use plucker to pick the nail art.
- Let the nail paints dry and finish off using a top coat. (very imp)
Hello Mister! : This was the coolest, easiest and the cutest one. The only problem with this was that since I had applied stickers, I had a tough time managing my hair… is it making any sense? The edges of the stickers would never be as smooth if you were to draw the moustaches with a nail paint. I wore this nail art to fashion week and people got quite excited to see this. You may see this nail art in full action HERE
Nail Paints Used : Constant Candy 401, Crystal Clear 101, Maybelline Nail Art Sticker.
Steps : Apply the baby pink nail art all over your nails
- While your nail paint is still semi wet, stick the moustache stickers on tips of the nails.
- Finish off with a top coat and let it dry completely.
So which one is your favourite?