Since summer is at its peak, skipping sunscreen application on the face and other exposed parts of the body can prove to be a nightmare with adverse affects, most immediate and common one being tan that is caused by exposure to UVA rays. If you have been noticing the skin on your hands turning darker even with just a few minutes of sun exposure, instead of opting for chemical-laden bleach pack, try these home remedies to lighten the tan and give your hands prim and proper appearance.
1. Massage with Fresh Potato Juice: Potato juice acts as a natural bleach and a skin whitening agent. Rich in catecholase, it lightens the color of the skin with regular use. To remove tan, grate some potato with a cheese grater, extract the juice, and massage your hands with this juice. Do it twice a week for optimal results.
2. Orange Peel Scrub: Rich in vitamin C, orange peel can lighten skin with regular use, and also with has anti-ageing benefits. You would need fresh rose petals, orange peel powder, honey, and raw milk. First, you need to take 1 tablespoon of milk in a bowl. Then add ½ spoon of orange peel paste. Combine them nicely into a smooth paste. Next, add 1 spoon of rose petal paste to it and mix all the ingredients well. Add some honey to the mixture and combine all the ingredients well one more time. Your scrub is ready to be used. Apply this scrub on face and gently massage it on your skin for around 5 minutes. Rinse with normal water.
3. Almond Paste Mask: Soak some almonds in milk for overnight and grind them in the morning along with the milk to form a thick paste. Apply this paste onto your hands and keep it for at least 20 minutes and wash off. Being rich in Vitamin E, almonds nourish your skin from deep within and make it smooth and silky.
4. Honey and Lemon Juice Mask: Lemons are rich in vitamin C and citric acid, so they can really help you in brightening and lightening your skin, especially when used with honey, it has bleaching properties. Take 1 tbsp of honey and a few drops of lemon. Apply all over hands and rinse with normal water after 20 minutes.
5. Soaking Hands in Raw Milk: Lactic acid in the milk helps to reduce tanning, heal dry skin and relieves sunburn. You can directly soak your hands in some milk for 15 minutes or mix it with some lukewarm water first. Alternatively, soak some cotton balls in milk and dab them on your hands.
6. Sandalwood Powder and Tomato Juice Pack: Sandalwood is cooling in nature and lightens complexion whereas tomatoes are rich in vitamin C that clears hyperpigmentation and dark spots. A paste made out of these two ingredients will be very potent and remove dead skin cells and dull appearance from your hands in a matter of minutes.
7. Gram Flour and Yogurt Pack: Gram flour or plain besan is often an under-rated skincare ingredient. Along with with rice flour and yogurt, it works as a potent tan-clearing scrub. It works as an excellent scrub, gets rid of unwanted facial hair and has an instant whitening effect on the skin. Mix 1 tbsp of besan, 1 tbsp of yogurt, and 1 tbsp of rice flour. Mix well and apply on the hands, keep for 20 minutes, and remove in a circular fashion.
8. Honey, Milk and Turmeric Mix: Turmeric, also known as a golden spice of life, is known to brighten the complexion However, if used alone, turmeric might leave nasty stains which will turn your skin yellowish. To avoid that, ALWAYS mix turmeric with milk and form a smooth paste to apply. Mixing some honey in this mixture will make sure that turmeric doesn’t make your skin dry and you get the added benefits of honey as well.
These remedies would clear out tan with regular use and even remove dark spots and clear skin. Most importantly, never ever skip a sunscreen, not even on your hands!