Anytime is a great time to show off a bold lip as long as you apply the right color that compliments your skin tone. A fierce pout is timeless and instantly boosts your confidence.
If you are not used to wearing a bright, bold color and wearing a vivid shade of lip colour haunts you then you must read on to find out tips on how to pull off a bold lip color.
So what are we waiting for let’s find out how to pull off the dramatic look with ease.
Tips to flaunt a bold lip colour:
• Prepare your lips: make sure your lips are soft and smooth before applying a bold lip colour as such colours are very unforgiving on dry chapped lips. Gently buff your lips, using a soft toothbrush, to get rid of the deposit of dead cells that cause flaking. Never peel the dead dry skin from the lips. Apply a thin layer of balm and then wait for 5 to 10 minutes to allow your lip balm to penetrate into the lips. Now blot your lips a few times with a tissue. This will take off any excess lip balm before applying your lip color.
• Give it a base: Before applying color, prep your mouth with a lip primer or conceler, give it something to adhere to so that your lipstick does not bleed.
• Lip liner is necessary: Instead, of hunting for a matching lip liner opt for something that matches your skin-tone as it will really helps to define your lips.
• Find the right formula: During warm weather when skin is more radiant and dewy, a matte lip is great because it juxtaposes the texture on the skin. During the winter when skin is less hydrated, a moister lip or semi matte formula is more flattering.
• Try lip stain: You can use a lip stain in the colour you want to flaunt and then top it with a lipstick. A lip stain will keep the color bold and rich looking for longer. Also to give more dimension to the final result you can apply the actual lip colour in a slightly lighter or darker shade if you want.
• A lip brush comes in handy: A lip brush allows for the most controlled application. It also prevents you from over-applying color, which is the main reason lipstick bleeds or rubs off on teeth. Plus, a brush lets you layer to your desired brightness.
• Tissue trick does help: Apply the lipstick, blot with a tissue, reapply, then blot again. For extra staying power, tap on a translucent loose powder in between coats of lipstick.
To balance out rich lip color, keep the rest of your makeup minimal and modern.
It takes a little bit of prep and some strategic tricks to get bright colors just right. Hope these tips will help you achieve the desired look.
All MAC Lipsticks
All Chanel Lipsticks
Top 10 Bobbi Brown Products
31 Peach Lipsticks for All Skin Tones
39 Pink Lipsticks for All Skin Tones
7 MAC Pink Lipsticks Photos, Swatches
My 7 Favourite Orange Lipsticks, Lip Glosses
14 Orange Lipstick Reviews, Suggestions
What blush to wear with red lipstick : Ask IMBB
56 Chambor Lipstick Photos, Swatches, Lip Swatches
48 Chanel Lipstick Photos, Swatches, Lip Swatches
10 Office Wear/Nude Lipsticks From My Collection