I was quite inspired by the Vimi Joshi tut and tried it myself with whatever little i had (i dont usually stock blacks as i always thought smokey eyes look vampish)
Just my tribute to Vimi lets say 🙂 and thanks to you for putting it up.
I dont have much to write except a few lines and can give the break up of what I used.
Occasion – Post Birthday, evening out at Hard Rock Cafe on 28 Aug
Inspiration – Black gold Eye MakeUp tut by Vimi Joshi, posted by Rati – Golden Black Smokey Eyes by Vimi Joshi (To go with my top I had replaced gold with silver)
Attitude – Lots of fun 😉
I was debating whether to go heavy on eyes with light lips or go lighter otherwise with red/maroon lips. but i guess i chose well!
Just wanted to share my joy in doing this and of course since its that time of the year for me!
- Shiseido The Makeup Corrector Pencil
- MAC Mineralize Satin Finish SPF 15 Foundation
- Revlon Illuminance Creme shadow in Moonlit jewels (the cream gold – cream
- e/s as base)
- Lakme e/s Quartet Moon dust (used black and silver)
- Silver instant highlighter (Glitter Roll on from Street War)
- MAC ricepaper for highlight
- MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
- MAC Mascarra X in black
- MAC Deep Dark Mineralize skin finish natural (contoured cheek bones, nose
- and chin)
- TBS Baked Bronzer Warm Glow (blush and highlight)
- MAC cremestick liner in Buerre
- MAC MAC Lip Glass in A99 Viva Glam VI
Sorry didn’t really have a closeup of my eye do. (except for one frm the joint itself with a shot glass, that I thought wouldnt be appropriate to share!)
It was a pretty dim lit area so the abundance of glitter and highlight worked well 🙂 It was a fun evening/night.
The barmen in HRC usually dance to YMCA on fridays/sats standing up on the bar counter. A few from the crowd can join in and get up to dance. And I wouldnt let that past me 😉 so thoroughly enjoyed the time.
I quite liked my handy work. Even my man said it had come out well (one who usually thinks dark and smokey eye makeup is vampish!)
Thanks to Vimi and Rati.
a Happy bunny me!