Hello Beautiful women,
Hope all of you are doing fine! Here, I come with my next skin care product from Amorepacific Moisture Bound range. I am slightly impressed by this Korean brand and its “Moisture Bound” skin care line because the products give ample hydration and suppleness to my weird sensitive skin which is dry and oily at the same time! Moreover, it’s impressive that these skin care regimes will work fine on guys as well (their SA claimed so). My hubby loves to use this particular face gel occasionally, especially after shaving and he is quite happy! I feel it protects my skin from weird climatic changes where mornings are bright and sunny while nights are cold and windy. However, I should confess that I still feel I would have picked something more or less similar to this gel at a fraction of the price, typical desi I know 😛 Anyway, please read on further to know more about Amorepacific Moisture Bound Hydra Fresh Oil Free Gel.
Phyllostachis Bambusoides Juice, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Xylitylglucoside, Alcohol, Tricholoma Matsutake Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Trehalose, Serine, Glycine, Hydrolyzed Ginseng Saponins, Kaempferol, Glutamic Acid, Alanine, Lysine, Arginine, Threonine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peg-40 Stearate, Anhydroxylitol, Silica, Sodium Polyacrylate, Sucrose Stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Polysilicone- 11, Xylitol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Ppg-5-Laureth- 5, Betaine, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Pca, Hydrated Silica, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-5 Rapeseed Sterol, Ethyl Hexanediol, Proline, Zinc Gluconate, Bht, Magnesium Aspartate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Disodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ci 42090, Fragrance.
This refreshing, oil-free gel provides deep hydration and antioxidant protection for a clear, smooth complexion.
- Oil free.
- Diminishes fine lines and wrinkles caused by dehydration.
- Contributes to the clearing of breakout by providing essential.
- Hydration for the skin without clogging pores.
- Cool, refreshing sensation.
- 8-hour time release.
Normal-oily to oily skin types.
This pale white gel comes in a sturdy opaque jar packaging which is the just the bigger version of their “Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Eye Treatment Gel” packaging. The gel appears to be pastel green at first sight. I love their heavy and classy cap which adds class to the whole packaging. Not to forget their luxurious mild fragrance which is not cheap or overpowering. Overall, totally attractive and travel-friendly packaging.
My Experience with Amorepacific Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra Gel:
I had been eyeing a few skin care brands including Shiseido, Amorepacific, etc., ever since I heard about them from fellow mums of my baby’s playschool, they all are blessed with flawless skin, must say! After my disappointing experience with Shiseido and Boscia, I had high expectations from this Amorepacific Hydra Gel, which this gel lives up to it, but not fully. This gel is highly concentrated and hence I need a small pea-sized drop for my face and neck. It is thick yet a lightweight gel which easily spreads on my face with gentle strokes and gets absorbed completely leaving behind dewy skin; I would not call it oily though! I had a few dry patches around my cheeks due to excessive scrubbing and a few dried up pimples, and this gel effectively cleared and smoothed up the skin on my cheeks within 6-8 hours, isn’t that amazing? Even the SA told me that this gel was highly concentrated and would hydrate and give me supple skin for 6+ hours, which is quite true in my case!
Moreover, when I was experiencing consequences of holi event and sudden weather change, and every good face cream proved to be more or less a failure on my skin, this hydra-gel came as a life savior to save my sensitive skin from reaction, dryness and sunburn. Soon, my skin started to heal and regained its original oily texture. The weather is also behaving well, it’s summers nowadays, but this hydra gel has never broken me out or clogged up my pores. However, I do feel that my skin is getting oily after 3-4 hours of using this gel on face these days!
I feel it gives my skin optimum moisture level which gives natural glow and freshness to my skin for 3-4 hours irrespective of using a toner beneath moisturizer or topping with mineral powder. Moreover, this gel never irritated or accentuated my acne-prone skin surprisingly, I do that my skin becomes oily after a few hours but my face is soft, smooth and youthful! The issue is that I do have have blackheads and open pores – two of my biggest concerns which unfortunately are not taken care of by this gel. I mean it does not accentuate my open pores, it only tones them for a few hours.
Considering it is suitable for oily skin, I was expecting shine free, soft skin for 4+ hours, I am happy with 6+ hours of ample hydration and softness though, but still my first concern is not taken care of. I wish it would have been effective against blackheads, open pores and other oily skin concerns to be my HG face cream, especially when it is a super expensive gel meant for oily skin. I believe combination, dry, and normal skin beauties will love it as it provides optimum hydration. I am sure it will serve me best in chilly, windy winters and hence I would like to alternate it with another decent day lotion as of now. How cool is that? It can be alternated with any other moisturizer as per its description! I would recommend this lightweight gel to every gal, preferably in winters as it is highly concentrated and we will get to reap maximum benefits of its ample hydration and refreshing feature. However, normal skin/combination/dry skin may still try it in summers provided you are okay with frequent touch ups and chemical ingredients!
Let’s sum up pros and cons:
Pros of Amorepacific Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra Gel:
- A thick yet lightweight, oil free gel infused with the goodness of bamboo sap, red ginseng, green tea, etc.
- It is a highly concentrated gel and hence a small pea-sized drop is enough for face and neck.
- It gets effortlessly absorbed into the skin without leaving any oily/greasy cast, just dewy skin which looks refreshed and radiant.
- It gives super hydration and soft/supple skin for good 6+ hours though my face looks oily after 3-4 hours.
- Never broke me out, I did not notice any zits while using this gel.
- Does not clog pores, I can say that it helps in clearing break outs as my face is acne free, thankfully!
- Definitely helps in getting youthful, natural glow by providing all day hydration and touchably soft skin.
- Can be alternated seasonally with other moisturizers as well.
- It smoothes and heals dry patches of skin in as little as 6-8 hours time duration, tried and tested by me!
- Does help in soothing and refreshing skin from sudden weather change and allergic reactions as well.
- Does feel luxurious in texture.
- Would work for every skin type all round the year.
- Considering its highly concentrated texture and the amount required for each use, I believe this jar will last me 5-6 months which is pretty good for the price.
- Super tempting, luxurious, and travel-friendly packaging.
Cons of Amorepacific Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra Gel:
- It says best suited for oily skin, hence I was expecting shine-free face for 4+ hours, unfortunately, it keeps my face shine free only for 3 to 4 hours.
- It does have chemicals, which might bother sensitive skin, but thankfully, I am not one of them.
- It is not much effective against blackheads and open pores – two of my biggest concerns, though it tones pores for 2-3 hours.
- Considering its jar packaging, ineffectiveness against blackheads, and ingredients like alcohol and silicone, I feel it’s slightly pricey for oily and problematic skin.
As of now, I am still okay with its chemical list as it never bothered my sensitive skin. I love it for making my skin touchably soft and youthful; however, I am also looking for another day lotion to alternate with this gel, so as to save it for winters! I am not really hooked onto this hydra gel as it is not perfect for my problematic skin especially in summers to be frank; however, it is comparatively better than the previous skin care duds that I used. I would rather get this stuff than screwing my skin from using skin care products which definitely cost a fraction of this gel, but still are way expensive for their average results! It is a keeper for gals blessed with problem free (acne, blackheads free) skin, who do not bother about chemicals and jar packaging.
Amorepacific Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Eye Treatment Gel
Biotique Bio Color Moisture Glow Makeup with SPF 50
Dove Deep Pure Nutrium Moisture Face Wash
Victoria’s Secret Pure Seduction Refreshing Body Mist
L’Oreal Hydra Fresh Hydrating Refreshing Creamy Foam
Murad Age Reform Refreshing Cleanser
Forest Essentials Light Hydrating Hydra Eye Gel
Dior Hydra Life BB Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 30