The moment you see split ends and frizzy hair, panic kicks in, and you start having sleepless nights. Lustrous and smooth hair is what every woman dreams of, and in this article, we have listed 10 Best Secrets for Lustrous Hair that would help in making hair super shiny and healthy looking. Stay tuned for an interesting post!
1. Seal the Moisture in the Shower Itself: Apart from using shampoos that promise and claim to add shine to your mane and keep it frizz free, use natural and easily available things like apple cider vinegar at the end of your shower to seal the moisture in your cuticles. The logic behind doing so is that vinegar is acidic in nature and seals the cuticles. You can use apple cider vinegar in a diluted form, store it in a spray bottle and use it every time you wash your hair.
2. Leave-in conditioner could be your best buddy! This would make your hair shinier and frizz free. It would make your hair much smoother and softer looking. Apply it when your hair is still wet or use a paddle brush if it is still difficult to spread the product evenly. Choose a light-weight conditioner that seals your cuticle and make it looks shiny!
3. Use a Hair Spray: Using a light-weight hairspray is an instant way to add some extra shine and luster to your hair, and this will up your hair game and add an oomph factor to your everyday appearance. It’s a great way to create a polished and elegant look.
4. Choose your brush wisely: Use a brush that suits your style and needs. Ideally, a brush with boar and nylon bristles is considered best to maintain shine and luster in hair, and the nylon bristles grip the hair and the boar ones keep them sleek and shiny.
5. Sleep on a Satin Pillowcase: Satin pillowcases reduce static hair and frizziness, and also results in less damage and breakage of your hair. Your hair doesn’t get tangled up this way and you don’t wake up with an ugly bed-head. Apart from this, satin pillowcases don’t suck out moisture from your hair like cotton pillowcases do. As an added benefit, it is also better for your skin and delays the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
6. Eat More Protein in your Diet: Your hair follicle is made up of protein, so it makes sense to add more of it to your diet to maintain long and shiny mane. Protein deficiency can result in hair loss and premature greying. Here’s a list of Best Protein Sources Available at the Grocery Store.
7. Secure your hair in loose, soft buns instead of elastics: This keeps your hairs from tangling with each other while you get busy with your day to day chores and sleep. And it is much better than securing your hairs with the help of elastics and ruffles as they cause more damage and breakage to the hair. As an added bonus, sleeping with a soft braid/bun will give you pretty and lose waves the following morning, so you could also give your styling products and tongs a break without sacrificing on prettiness.
8. Use Olive Oil or Argan Oil To Add Shine: Use olive oil or argan oil once or twice a week to deeply nourish hair strands and to improve texture of the hair.
9. Nourish Scalp and Hair Strands with Vitamin E Capsules: Puncture a few vitamin E capsules and transfer the content into a small bowl. Apply this vitamin E oil to the scalp and hair strands, and rinse off after 30 minutes. And rinse off with a mild shampoo. Read about “8 Ways To Use Vitamin E Capsules For Skin and Hair.”
10. Always follow up your blow dry session with a blast of cool air: The mysterious setting on your hair dryer, which is cool air setting, helps in sealing the hair cuticles, and setting the final look for long lasting styles and added shine. Experts suggest that one must switch to cool air setting when your hair is 80 percent dry. The cool air setting is also preferable for curly hairs to hold the curls in without making them look frizzy.