From dieting to gymming, there are tons of ways to lose weight, but taking things slowly is the best way to lose weight without resorting to fad diets. Trying crazy diets will get you faster results but there are also chances to gain back all the weight that you have lost. We recommend switching to a healthy lifestyle to lose half of your body weight. The key is to stay consistent throughout your journey, let’s be honest, losing half of your body weight will definitely take some time and a lot of WILL power. But the good news is; it IS POSSIBLE! Let’s find out how!
1. Plan your diet: Your body is all about diet, it is said “you are; what you eat” you need to focus on whole healthy foods and remove all of junk, calorie-packed unhealthy food from your diet and also from your kitchen! Use a calorie calculator to find out your adequate calorie intake per day taking into account your height and weight. Switch to a healthy diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, lean meat, eggs, smoothies for best results. Also, subscribe to Rati Beauty Diet Program to lose weight effectively and in a healthy way.
2. Cut back on sugars and carbohydrates: The best and fastest way to lose weight is to cut down sugar and carbs intake. Sugars and carbs contains a lot of calories and in order to lose weight, you need to eat fewer calories and burn more calories. Cut off any sort of sugar like tea, coffee, soda, packaged juice, biscuits, cake, chocolate, white flour etc. You can use stevia or 2 tablespoons organic honey/per day as your regular sweetener.
3. Eat protein-rich diet: Protein not only promotes muscle growth but also aids in weight loss. High-protein meals also reduce food cravings by 60% as protein keeps you fuller and satisfied. And thereby you consume fewer calories per day which promotes weight loss. You can consume protein shakes, eggs, soya bean, lentils, fish, chicken breast, and tofu. You will need 50-100gm of protein per day depending on your body weight, and activity level. There are tons of delicious healthy protein-packed meals that you can make to increase your protein level. Consuming enough protein will also increase your strength and stamina, which means you can burn more calories during your workout sessions!
4. Eat your vegetables: Feel free to eat vegetables, they contain minerals, fiber and vitamins that keep you healthy and glowing. Here’s a list of low carb vegetables to consume:
- Bell peppers
- Brussels sprouts
5. Lift weight: Lifting weight will help you shed weight faster! You can either join a gym or lift weights at home by watching fitness videos. It is recommended to exercise 4-5 per week. You can burn higher calories by performing 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise and 20 minutes of weight training. If going gym is not an option, then follow HIIT (high intensity interval training) workouts from the internet to burn calories at home. Also running, jogging, swimming, cycling are extremely healthy and beneficial to shed extra pounds.
6. Drink enough water: Ditch soda, packaged juices and replace them with water! Image the amount of calories you save every time. Drinking enough water aids in boosting your metabolism, it detoxifies the body and removes body waste. Strangely, to prevent your body from retaining water, you need to drink more water! This will also help you to drop off extra pounds of water weight. Tip- Drink one glass of water right before a meal, water acts as an appetite suppressant and saves around 72 calories every meal! Do the math girl and count the calories you saved at the end of the day! Thank me later!
7. Drink green tea: Green tea is one of the most popular drinks because it is not only healthy, but aids in weight loss. Green tea contains numerous antioxidants and nutrients that provide plenty of health benefits. According to studies, green tea can boost the fat burning process, which can help you shed weight. It improves metabolism and induces your body to burn energy. Drink a cup of green tea prior to workout to promote fat burning.
8. Eat healthy fats: Low carb with low fat diet will cause failure! Because the body won’t have energy to survive, we recommend adding healthy fats into your diet (in moderation) for best results. You can consume healthy fats like olive oil, coconut oil, ghee, butter, egg yolk, walnuts, almonds. You can prepare your meals using these oils without hesitation. Tip- use fewer dressing in salads as it contains a lot of calories, just one tablespoon of sauce contains 73 calories.
Hope you enjoy your fitness journey and follow these tips, stay lean, stay strong!