Bollywood is a glityz world where celebrities can own anything they want, spend lavishly on luxuries, travel all around the world, but what is largely unknown is the struggle that they have had to achieve the success that they are enjoying. Many stars had to make it from the scratch; from doing small projects, starting out as a model, doing photoshoots, and working on commercials at the beginning of their career. In this post, we have a list of Bollywood stars who started out their career with TV ads.
1. Ayesha Takia: She has quite a few number of Bollywood movies to her credit. She had started her career with a TV ad, she starred along with Shahid Kapoor in the “Complan” ad in the 90s, as a child. Coincidentally, she also made her acting debut with Shahid Kapoor in the movie “Dil Maange More.”
2. Aishwarya Rai: This beauty queen starred in a Coca Cola ad that she did with Aamir Khan. She later did a few more commercials and ramp shows, even after her Miss World days. Later on, she met success in Bollywood and got popular as one of the most beautiful-looking women in the world.
3. Shahid Kapoor: Being a background dancer, a child artist in commercials, these were initial days of Shahid Kapoor’s career. As we have mentioned above, he starred along with Ayesha Takia in a Complan ad in the 90s as a kid. He also worked as an instructor in the Shiamak Davar Dance Company.
4. Deepika Padukone: We all remember the phrase, “Kya aap close-up karte hain?” Deepika Padukone who is a superstar right now, featured in an ad film flaunting her beautiful smile.
5. Vidya Balan: Vidya starred in a Surf Excel ad where she played mother to a kid. And then some more commercials and later big name movies.
6. Preity Zinta: Preity Zinta endorsed this brand and played a college-girl in her younger days. With her cute bubbly image with dimples, how could she be unnoticed? Slowly, she made her mark in Bollywood and achieved stardom in movies.
7. Anushka Sharma: Before making her debut in Bollywood, she starred in a lip balm/all-purpose wax product called Sebolin, just like Vaseline. This is the way she started her career, and as they say, the rest is history.
8. Varun Dhawan: He was seen for 2 seconds in a “Bournvita” ad during her childhood days. It was just a blink-and-miss appearance but he has proved his talent in a lot of successful movies.